FX Trading June 11th - 15th

Whats your 'bigger' views for cable?

• Total voters
trendie

is that the 3 indicator one or the one with just ma and rsi? :confused:

i like to keep an eye on the latter although i dont trade directly of it it is pretty good...do you scale out the 2 lots as suggested by bag...:D

hi brutusdog,

I have got 5 and 12 EMA. plus the 8-SMA for observation purposes.
yes, RSI-21.
(Note: the MAs have been entangling this morning on the 1-hrs, so I went to the 4-hrs for clarity. In fact whenever the signals appear messy, I switch time-frames for a clearer picture.)

scaling: one of biggest frustrations is having a rangey day and having nothing to show for it, so I want to bag a few pips on the short-term. for me, 30-pips is about right. Bago trades on 10-mins, which is too short for me.

prefer not to trade Monday mornings, waiting for US-open for "proper" direction!

Looks to me like we might be setting up for an inverted H&S buy on EURJPY on the hourlies. Got a buy stop above 162.80.

i know what you mean, hence the uncomfortable part :confused:

however, im seeing it also as a possible triangle for the next move down. tough to keep a clear mind when up in profit +60, then see it reduced to about 12, but well, the plan was to swing it, and will stick to it, unless i see a rejection.....which so far would get me out for BE.

j

Good morning everyone,

I hope a very nice weekend was had by all. Lovely weather, good food and good company. Won at poker too so hoping my luck continues.

I think cable is trying to determine its destiny and I see it resting on two support lines around 1.96. Last week it managed to hold this like and bounce off a little.

This week we will see the depth and strength of that support at 1.96.

I have a long bias on cable and will be looking to go long gravitating towards 1.98. Gotta stick to mi plannns....

I had a funny dream last night about somebody banging on the door and seeing cable at 1.9750. I'm interpreting this as urgent news but it's weird to say the least.

Good trading folks...

With such a tight range this morning one would assume stops at near term s/r lines need to be triggered before a decent run takes place. This is assuming we are to have a decent run today and not consolidate between 9620-9700.

messy, sideways move, whippy MA-Xs.
looking to exit for minimal damage, and switching to break-out mode.
maybe 9640 / 9705 perhaps.

i must say i favour a consolidation for today, testing 9720 and then a fall in the afternoon.

sitting with a not so comfortable euryen short now myself , but thats the name of the game.

well, this now has a change of plan for the time being.

moving stop on 50% of position to 50 for +20, will keep the rest at BE.

Edit: correction: to 55 for +15

Last edited:
repeated same short on cable as earlier out +10 will not enter again until the rest of the world joins in....:D

Very Flaggy now on the higher timeframes, TA suggests continuation of the down move. This coiling effect suggests something big is cooking somewhere or London traders still not recovered from the gorgeous weekend weather...
Will reasses longs at 9620/30.

did anyone take longs on USDCHF? im regretting not taking it, will wait for a pullback on the dailys for a swinger there.

Edit: out of first half of short for +15. bit annoying really, but well.

Last edited:
just bailed out for -29 (1.9689)

the 4-hr Bago seems to be turning, so around 3pm, if it stays around these numbers, it will an up-trend, and I should be looking for longs.
(am looking at 4-hrs, due to 1-hr being choppy)

so, -29 as a start to the week!

just bailed out for -29 (1.9689)

the 4-hr Bago seems to be turning, so around 3pm, if it stays around these numbers, it will an up-trend, and I should be looking for longs.
(am looking at 4-hrs, due to 1-hr being choppy)

so, -29 as a start to the week!

I think we may have a classic BB breakout to the upside just being played out. (5 - 10 min charts)

We have had a good move above 1.9670+ now and I am now expecting a pull back to 1.9670 and then if it picks up again then 1.97+ will be the target.

Looking to go long around 1.97 regions.

We are now in buy territory for me. Playing out well so far.
Looks like it's reluctant to drop back down to 1.9670.

Last edited:
I think we may have a classic BB breakout to the upside just being played out. (5 - 10 min charts)

We have had a good move above 1.9670+ now and I am now expecting a pull back to 1.9670 and then if it picks up again then 1.97+ will be the target.

Looking to go long around 1.97 regions.

We are now in buy territory for me. Playing out well so far.
Looks like it's reluctant to drop back down to 1.9670.

Long @ 1.9673... SL @ 1.9650

Target @ 1.97+ somewhere over the rainbow...

Today has been a directionless/quiet cable day.
With hindsight this is perhaps understandable due to the busy week of last week & the lack of news releases today.
It just comes down to the look of the draw I guess. Today's circumstances on another day could just as easily have produced a big trend by now :rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Today has been a directionless/quiet cable day.
With hindsight this is perhaps understandable due to the busy week of last week & the lack of news releases today.
It just comes down to the look of the draw I guess. Today's circumstances on another day could just as easily have produced a big trend by now :rolleyes: .

yep, thats about right.
my only consolation is that when it gets rangey, I use bigger time-frames for direction and only get whipped one-way, rather than whipped on false MA-Xs on both sides.

still, getting whipped still hurts. :mad: :mad:

still short here, but I tell you what, the kitchen is spotless, the dining room spotless, the lounge ,spotless, rubbish out. I was thinking about putting some washing on , lol. I dont do ironing though. I would prefer the range treatment.

Fabulous day outside though.. beers and some tandori chicken for the BBQ maybe...

anyway holding short 1.9670 whilst I go and put a load in the wash..

still short here, but I tell you what, the kitchen is spotless, the dining room spotless, the lounge ,spotless, rubbish out. I was thinking about putting some washing on , lol. I dont do ironing though. I would prefer the range treatment.

Fabulous day outside though.. beers and some tandori chicken for the BBQ maybe...

anyway holding short 1.9670 whilst I go and put a load in the wash..

would you like to come and trade in my house? cause my wife will kill me and the house is a mess. :cheesy:

would you like to come and trade in my house? cause my wife will kill me and the house is a mess. :cheesy:

Yeah, as long as the foods good :) the wifes out at the mo, so I should have some BIG points racked up when she gets home.....

bloody hell, sound like a couple of housewives..... :LOL: Always fancied on of those aprons with my **** hangin out of it...... "More tea vicar and perhaps a french fancy to go with it ?"

I don't know about helping out with J's house but CB I would be delighted help you out with the B&Q and the beers.:cheesy:

PS. What is your stop loss to the upside and target for the downside?

Yeah, as long as the foods good :) the wifes out at the mo, so I should have some BIG points racked up when she gets home.....

bloody hell, sound like a couple of housewives..... :LOL: Always fancied on of those aprons with my **** hangin out of it...... "More tea vicar and perhaps a french fancy to go with it ?"

done! I actually cook quite well, but im awful at cleaning and the wife comes back in the evening so i am at risk of not surviving till tomorrow. :eek:

right, thats me done for the day. kid to pick up and house to clean. remaining 50% short euryen from 162.70 at breakeven and will keep and see where that goes.

j

Last edited: