FX Trading April 30 - May 4

Will GBPUSD finish the week above/below $2 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just got back to find 2 jpy shorts had limited out giving 22 and 32 pts and 2 usd shorts had limited out giving 25 and 70 which means a total of 149pts.

just seen a jpy short activated at 119.73.

Oiltanker, you have a delightful way of making your pip gains sound like happy accidents!!! :) Good trading, cheers

:LOL: according to compounding I cant:LOL:

but here is two of the biggest clues ever

Trendie follow your heart for the answer lies within

Sesame street character

Compounding has dissapeared from the face of the bloggs. I'm sure he is jetting off somewhere in a hurry to nurse the tail between his legs. :LOL:

:LOL: according to compounding I cant:LOL:

but here is two of the biggest clues ever

Trendie follow your heart for the answer lies within

Sesame street character

Dunno why, I still manage to over-rule my rules!
My rules said up-trend, therefore seek pullbacks to buy.
I went short, and bagged 23 earlier today, out of luck.
But, I lost the profit with a second short.

I have rules (sort-of), yet I still ignore them! WTF!

re: Trendie follow your heart
I lost my heart to a starship trooper, bagging pips in hyperspace... :LOL: :LOL:

once again, excellent call, DC2000.

old stokey

as i set orders and don't watch the screen all day i am at the mercy of the actual touching the orders then limiting them out.

i have a percentage of orders that are not touched and therefore will be cancelled when they become no longer relevant to my trading rules.

old stokey

as i set orders and don't watch the screen all day i am at the mercy of the actual touching the orders then limiting them out.

i have a percentage of orders that are not touched and therefore will be cancelled when they become no longer relevant to my trading rules.

I just liked the idea of continually returning to the screen to find more pips, very impressed. At the moment I have to watch each and every trade. Can't seem to find a way to set orders and walk away. Although the idea really appeals.

Out of interest do you set your stop loss and take profit orders all at the same time?

stop loss? what's that? :) i gave up on them as i lost a bundle of cash with them when often my decision was right over the day. it does mean i can sit with a live loss order for a week before i manage to get out of it.

i have rules on entry where is set the orders then the exit is a bit of a guess but yes i set orders and limits at the same time. if not sure i might do 2 orders with different limits. automating the profit takes the hassle out of it.

stop loss? what's that? :) i gave up on them as i lost a bundle of cash with them when often my decision was right over the day. it does mean i can sit with a live loss order for a week before i manage to get out of it.

I think that's probably why I won't be able to trade that way. I try to keep to a tight stop loss. It goes my way pretty quick or I get out in a ruthless manner for as small a number of pips as possible. (or at least that's the plan!) Just the way that works for me. Shows you have to find the way that works for YOU.

I do hate been a slave to the screen though!
Good luck, I shall look on enviously!

os

the downside of orders is that you miss some peachy trades. there is something for watching the screen. i did it all winter.

today is looking like a day-sized pin-bar.

I only need to say the magical words down-side, to make it go higher.

today is looking like a day-sized pin-bar.

I only need to say the magical words down-side, to make it go higher.

dont know, but just look at your 240 min chart and you have a bearish outside bar. the low is the low of your pin bar.

IMO it could only be a breakout bar (the pinbar) with a pullback. I would short the break of the outside bar.

j

Is there to be no more trading in this thread then? If this is the case, it will be a great shame. I take it some market comments, thoughts on the direction of currencies etc is to be continued.

Going over to have a browse at the t2w FX competition. Is there any problems/bugs with it? Is it stable and reliable. Think I’ll go and have a read.

Some big scorers over there….

TPF

Is there to be no more trading in this thread then? If this is the case, it will be a great shame. I take it some market comments, thoughts on the direction of currencies etc is to be continued.

Going over to have a browse at the t2w FX competition. Is there any problems/bugs with it? Is it stable and reliable. Think I’ll go and have a read.

Some big scorers over there….

TPF

I did remark earlier that the FX comp could take the momentum away from here.
If the focus becomes the comp, then we miss the snippets of insights and news and different perspectives that has always made this a popular thread.

we shall see.
have a good trading day.
I am in two minds about placing a trade in the comp, fo fear of bringing the average down! :)

Morning all. What's everyone doing today? VEBO levels are 1.9915 and 1.9963 and true to recent form it has marked an almost exact reversal point.

I had a look at one of the sites that tracks Hans method and it proved what I thought that this year has been a disaster for that method. I wonder, does this mean the markets have changed for ever or is this a temporary thing? Hans worked for years and years but the last six months have seen range trading in European timezone, with very few sustained moves. Any thoughts?

had a quick short on cable this morning for 20 pts. Waiting for some clear direction now. In the mean time amusing myself by seeing if I can get the highest no of trades award in the comp!

Morning all. What's everyone doing today? VEBO levels are 1.9915 and 1.9963 and true to recent form it has marked an almost exact reversal point.

I had a look at one of the sites that tracks Hans method and it proved what I thought that this year has been a disaster for that method. I wonder, does this mean the markets have changed for ever or is this a temporary thing? Hans worked for years and years but the last six months have seen range trading in European timezone, with very few sustained moves. Any thoughts?

Yes break-out methods have taken a bit of a beating though my VEBO variant is at new all time highs at present. Looking back over the last year there have been two periods where the equity went no where for two or three months at a time. I think that if you have a decent breakout system though you just need to keep grinding away at it and the percentages will win out over time. It does make sense to automate it all though to avoid the boredom of these equity congestion periods.