FX 2007 > March 5th - 9th

How dark are you?!

• Total voters
holding long from 208 , note how that 2 day close above 260, it likes 260 ,today 260 touched and up, maybe any close below 260 might be signal for shorts.

now then if when we approach 431, why would it stop there what about 1.9800 + over next week or 2, this pullback to 1.92 was ,as I see it a hop on point for attempt at new highs , so no lower than 1.92 for cable bull trend to continue ?

Crap Buddist said:
holding long from 208 , note how that 2 day close above 260, it likes 260 ,today 260 touched and up, maybe any close below 260 might be signal for shorts.

now then if when we approach 431, why would it stop there what about 1.9800 + over next week or 2, this pullback to 1.92 was ,as I see it a hop on point for attempt at new highs , so no lower than 1.92 for cable bull trend to continue ?

you sure you havent turned to the darkside?

Crap Buddist said:

Penetration of 9225 might be a go short signal purely on S/R,
for now I would put another lot on a long, order set to buy@928 S/L9255 target 9350
At 12 noon shall consider and see what the BOE news will do.

jacinto said:
you sure you havent turned to the darkside?

Well, maybe ive turned to the Dutchside, like Darksiding only Orange :p

To be honest, I do look at just candles forming all timeframes (now and then ), and note the high/lows and closing and used to do exercise i termed "Walking with price" i used to do it on a 5 minute candle and draw trendlines on the closes and you can trade like that even, good exercise I think. Always waiting for the close to come in, you learn a lot about grazing on the final approach to close of the bar.

The short time frame means you were constantly forced to continually monitor and flow with the changes, which helps to shed attachment to positions as you would be trading up and down in all the waves.

Crap Buddist said:
Well, maybe ive turned to the Dutchside, like Darksiding only Orange :p

To be honest, I do look at just candles forming all timeframes (now and then ), and note the high/lows and closing and used to do exercise i termed "Walking with price" i used to do it on a 5 minute candle and draw trendlines on the closes and you can trade like that even, good exercise I think. Always waiting for the close to come in, you learn a lot about grazing on the final approach to close of the bar.

The short time frame means you were constantly forced to continually monitor and flow with the changes, which helps to shed attachment to positions as you would be trading up and down in all the waves.

as long as it is a "dark tone" of orange, it can be Greekside to me. :LOL:

like your approach on closes. nice long by the way.

j

jacinto said:

Dale Winton and David Dickinson are masters of trading orange, I believe.

PS. Count me in with the longs.

jacinto said:

like your approach on closes. nice long by the way.

j

yeah the walking with price exercise also teaches you to "wait" alongside go with flow, another skill or conditioning tool, simple rule because the rule is the candle has to close, even on a 5 minue bar you can get exposed to a lot of movement . Often you would be exposed to a move up (thinking does this close mean i now go long) only for the close to be back in the trend of the down cycle. (oh no im not they sold it off in the last 2 minutes or 60 seconds,Hold).

The long 208, I was fortunate enough to be waiting , Bang on midnight monday. Why the asians sessions have been seeing tripple point ranges for the last few sessions I dont know, any thoughts on this anyone? or is it just price just happend to be at level x which coincides with asian desks.

Or is it their turn or something? to keep them happy.

CB , I don't know why the Asian ranges are so large but it is messing up my breakout strategy, as with most who are trading these sort of strategies. Hans 123 is down over 300 points this year for a system which averages 500 points per month.

2be said:
Penetration of 9225 might be a go short signal purely on S/R,
for now I would put another lot on a long, order set to buy@928 S/L9255 target 9350
At 12 noon shall consider and see what the BOE news will do.
Long @9282 SL9255 Trailing20pps target 9350

Offshore Trader said:
It's not until tomorrow B of E decisions are nearly always Thursday 12 noon
Thanks Offshore Trader, got confused as I though it is 8th today :eek: :confused:
I thought they were late. :LOL:

Offshore Trader said:
CB , I don't know why the Asian ranges are so large but it is messing up my breakout strategy, as with most who are trading these sort of strategies. Hans 123 is down over 300 points this year for a system which averages 500 points per month.

you have answered your own question
The dynamics of the market are the same, the time factor has changed twice in the last three months which doesn't help hans type breakout strats with a fixed time/price

I understand why Asian breakouts aren't working. What i don't know is why the market appears to have changed giving large ranges overnight and small ranges during the European hours

Still holding long from this morning, it's a slow day though. It looks like a late rally may happen again like yesterday... got to get past 17 first though (CMC price). Come on guys buy buy buy!! I'll watch to see the action on each hourly bar down to 15mins to scrutinise. Using indicators still but want to concentrate on price action more and more

Edit while typing, broke 17 briefly then didn't like the dizzy heights...

Offshore Trader said:
I understand why Asian breakouts aren't working. What i don't know is why the market appears to have changed giving large ranges overnight and small ranges during the European hours

computers dont sleep and the focus is on opportunities in the Asian markets rather than the Eu and US that could all change with a BOE rise in April and a Fed cut in the not too distant