FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

support here, chart tad messy with levels from lower timeframes however you can see the daily channel working well. the close below 10900 are at beginning of week was very bearish. been a perma bear for a few weeks.

can it continue, unless there is utter capitulation, a relief rally/bounce expected at somepoint

Attachments

• dax daily.png
    dax daily.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 61
Imho that strategy doesn't work in the long run. You'll eventually get caught out. Ie I remember guys on FX empire saying buy the dips on Dax when it first corrected at 11800. Look where it is today. That said though, I don't think anyone expected this over the past 2 days lol glad I moved all of my money out of the index trackers months ago into cash. Who knows what this is the beginning of / start of. September will be telling. If the market does recover to 12,000 before we're in a bear market, rest assured many people will say, and rightly so, this period is / was a warning sign of what's to come in the months ahead

yes, exactly why irrespective of strategy or bias a robust risk/money management is critical. this is a trend day, need to adjust approach/"bias" accordingly.

Netflix down 7.5% and counting... now only on a barely respectable p/e of x 253 !

We've had that a few times. If SPX kisses 2100 tomorrow I will not be surprised.

Nor will I be surprised if we see S3 @ 2033 tonight and 1900s tomorrow.

We are at the cusp of a new era... :)

Netflix down 7.5% and counting... now only on a barely respectable p/e of x 253 !

Companies like Wal-Mart, Carlsberg and Netflix are real indicators to earning season. Coupled with tough trading conditions and slowing global demand risks on the horizon. Hence, gold continues it's clime whilst WTI oil trying to keep $40s...

We need to come off the highs and slow descend should be the objective but nothing quite like fear and greed. :rolleyes:

a classic example just shown of a triangle with the recoil
market just does not know what to do...lol

Just have to sit back and trade what is seen.

DOW to me should correct to 15k. It got away with itself for years.

On the GER, have a look back on the H4, back to January. Could be a bit of up and down. Mind you, its a 100pt range