FTSE, DAX, DOW Trading Ideas and discussions

Atilla - that article you posted other warning of big move starting 20th August spot on

(y)(y)

We've had that a few times. If SPX kisses 2100 tomorrow I will not be surprised.

Nor will I be surprised if we see S3 @ 2033 tonight and 1900s tomorrow.

We are at the cusp of a new era... :)

Atilla,
I really hope your weeks of impending doom and now come to fruition, have netted you untold riches. Super negativity out there but I only hope you got paid properly.
GL

Atilla,
I really hope your weeks of impending doom and now come to fruition, have netted you untold riches. Super negativity out there but I only hope you got paid properly.
GL

Could have made a lot more than I did if held onto some of them longer. Greed and Fear! Fear works better for me. Some call it risk management???

See DAX took out S3 @ 10303 & SPX @ 2033.

Thank you for your kind words and just wondering, what's prompted your post?

spot on Attilla with Mclellan stuff

That wasn't my call Mr D, but I did concur with it along with the death cross. Also, rejected the OT - BA calls for start of new bull market with rates rising. What a joke that was. We should get the BA's name and line them up for some tomato practice.

I was expecting some kind of bounce tomorrow but now thinking we may well test 2000.

2n7kz6w.png

This chart says it all. Massive tank coming round about September on S&P. Maybe even earlier.

Is this the start??? it's basically closed outside of that wedge...could be the start of something incredibly messy. 2000 is the ultimate level. a close below that welcome to the bear market and start preparing your cheap stocks to buy in 2016 :LOL:

Could have made a lot more than I did if held onto some of them longer. Greed and Fear! Fear works better for me. Some call it risk management???

See DAX took out S3 @ 10303 & SPX @ 2033.

Thank you for your kind words and just wondering, what's prompted your post?

What prompted the post was that for weeks I have been reading your, now correct and very negative views on the markets which have now proved to be remarkably good. I have a fair bit of disdain myself at times but would not have believed we would get here so fast (and more today).

I would think it was a waste to be so right and not make a good amount from it. Don't read anything in to my post other than I came out of hiding to take my hat off to you. I will head back to the shadows again.

GL

What prompted the post was that for weeks I have been reading your, now correct and very negative views on the markets which have now proved to be remarkably good. I have a fair bit of disdain myself at times but would not have believed we would get here so fast (and more today).

I would think it was a waste to be so right and not make a good amount from it. Don't read anything in to my post other than I came out of hiding to take my hat off to you. I will head back to the shadows again.

GL

Oh ok and thank you kindly. But as the old Robster would say even a broken clock tells the time twice a day.

Funnily, best gains I made were more a case of not losing monies gained by; selling two of my emerging market funds (India and China) in pension and closing all shares in ISAs few months ago. :)

This month is turning out to be very good yes but SB-ing is not what I would call regular monthly income... yet.

(y)

Presently long gold and the Yen... hopefully the "flight to safety" will increase when the rest of Europe wakes up, any thoughts?

Bom Dia - (Portugese) :)

DAX - PP Daily levels

Looking at regular chart with HHs and LLs the Lower Low is in and now what beckons the question. Does look OS on daily chart but still need a little more downside for a good shake out as per monthly line chart.

Don't have much opinion fwiw. Need direction from market response. Need some bounce but who knows?

Attachments

• DAX_D_150821_0604.GIF
    DAX_D_150821_0604.GIF
    40.2 KB · Views: 136
  • DAX_M_150821_0616.GIF
    DAX_M_150821_0616.GIF
    20.8 KB · Views: 121
SPX - Daily PP levels

Looking at Weekly charts have drawn Fib retracement levels and 1885 seems to be the 21% retrace so we still have some way to go. How quickly we'll get there is the question. Simply follow charts and TA.

Daily chart shows we are near that 2000 level and this should act as strong support for a Friday close. We have also broken-down out of our sideways move. Whether we close above or below that 2000 level will be significant for following week.

As mentioned before, slowing global demand and challenging economic conditions will really eat into earnings and analysts in all the big banks will be busy crunching numbers - hopefully some realistic ones to gauge where valuations should be imo. That's likely to lead to further falls too. Should help with falling volumes to the the end of the year when it'll all pickup again. One lives in hope... :)

Attachments

• SPX_W_150821_0629.GIF
    SPX_W_150821_0629.GIF
    29.3 KB · Views: 130
  • SPX_D_150821_0631.GIF
    SPX_D_150821_0631.GIF
    35.9 KB · Views: 137
areas (can't believe i'm writing some of these):

9990 lol

Only thing i've got my money in at the moment is housebuilders. Cash say hi to my 123 account

Presently long gold and the Yen... hopefully the "flight to safety" will increase when the rest of Europe wakes up, any thoughts?

I'd say with currency wars and only government responses being currency devaluations being long on gold is a good idea in uncertain times. Raising rates have been kicked down the road too and with the Mega-G-Debts not likely to rise soon or fast.

Don't know much about the Yen but Japan has some major issues and would not consider it safety.

Euro has stormed past 1.12 and contributing to negative effect on DAX. Currently 1.128 and if it reaches 1.13-14 levels as before likely to send DAX even lower imo.
Some say Euro because of Greece has been exceptionally undervalued compared to strong Germany improving Euro countries.

House builders have been on a tear for ages, lucky you :)

I have a bunch of cash tied up in a 3x Long GBP Short USD ETF. In the last 24-hours every market has moved all over the place by a few hundred pips... except that one, guess I should be thankful!?!