Frustration with trading...

Listen mate,

Stop fannying around and get stuck right in to these markets. Take a method that is short sharp and to the f*cking point in terms of what the market does.

Winners, losers...take them all like a geezer, but make sure you don't get startled in the headlights....know what i mean?

Don't let your balls rule your head, but don't let your head disuade your true and honest commitment.

If you know it works, then f*ckin work it, drill it!

If you are not sure, stay the f*ck out. This is a game for people who know thier capabilities, not for some damp-eyed nancy theorist to try thier luck.

Hopefully, you'll get what i'm saying, if not you'll keep losing.

I don't think there is really a need to use words like that.

I don't think there is really a need to use words like that.

What!?

Well how do you deal with sh!t traders? Feed 'em a load of pussy drivel!?

Within one month, you should be able to know who is gonna make it....and who aint.

There are naturals in this game darlin', the budding pros. Then there are the life-long amateurs, they may have the dosh, but absolutely no idea how to throw it around the markets......and never will.

Don't waste my time with Ps and Qs, you wannabe moral saviour of the trading world, keep it zipped!

Honestly if I had someone sitting here next to me drilling me like that every day I think my results would improve. It's what everyone needs. I mean look at successful traders working for firms that try to quit and go trade from home, but fail. It's cuz they don't have a boss busting their balls every day like they used to.

What!?

Well how do you deal with sh!t traders? Feed 'em a load of pussy drivel!?

Within one month, you should be able to know who is gonna make it....and who aint.

There are naturals in this game darlin', the budding pros. Then there are the life-long amateurs, they may have the dosh, but absolutely no idea how to throw it around the markets......and never will.

Don't waste my time with Ps and Qs, you wannabe moral saviour of the trading world, keep it zipped!

you make me laugh! :D if only you knew...

Honestly if I had someone sitting here next to me drilling me like that every day I think my results would improve. It's what everyone needs. I mean look at successful traders working for firms that try to quit and go trade from home, but fail. It's cuz they don't have a boss busting their balls every day like they used to.

Are you talking from experience?

Don't give me any of this made-up sh!t that is floating around in your head.

Most traders comming from the pits didn't add up to sh!t anyway, not as speculators, at least not the ones i knew.

The traders i knew were just throwing around money like it never even mattered.....f*ck the clients, get the bonus!

As for self taught TA traders, yeh, dream f*ckin on!!

Professional self taught TA traders!!??

I'm not saying that they don't exist, this world is full of freakish events, but to have a whole bunch of them on one site......:LOL:

I guess you do learn something new everyday.

I must admit I do feel rather frustrated at hearing how well some traders are doing at the moment when I am lingering at +3% on capital for the year so far...! I either just don't have what it takes, in other words I don't have an edge! I do medium term equity trades both long and short using Mcllelan Osc/Sum as market timing signals, and I am currently sitting 50% long 50% short, wishing I wasn't quite so short! I am seriously thinking of changing to a long-only strategy... However, I feel as though I am continuously changing my strategy to a less riskier one until I find one that I can be profitable at, I think at this rate I am going to end up with buy-and-hold...and then maybe my 1% bank savings account!

sorry rant over!
got it out of me now...!

Sunshine has got it right. There are some great 3-digit winners on here. When digesting their posts keep the salt cellar at hand! :D

I'm concerned about your comment on buy and hold, even though you may have tongue in cheek. Keep those stops close. If they go it's because your trade direction is wrong. Buying and holding will only make things worse.

Last edited:
Sunshine has got it right. There are some great 3-digit winners on here. When digesting their posts keep the salt cellar at hand! :D

I'm concerned about your comment on buy and hold, even though you may have tongue in cheek. Keep those stops close. If they go it's because your trade direction is wrong. Buying and holding will only make things worse.

Thanks, I was trying to be tongue in cheek about buy&hold.
I've realized a misstake in some of my market timing rules, and I am more confident i've got a working strategy now. And i'm now standing at +5%, so things improving...!
Cheers

I must admit I do feel rather frustrated at hearing how well some traders are doing at the moment when I am lingering at +3% on capital for the year so far...! I either just don't have what it takes, in other words I don't have an edge! I do medium term equity trades both long and short using Mcllelan Osc/Sum as market timing signals, and I am currently sitting 50% long 50% short, wishing I wasn't quite so short! I am seriously thinking of changing to a long-only strategy... However, I feel as though I am continuously changing my strategy to a less riskier one until I find one that I can be profitable at, I think at this rate I am going to end up with buy-and-hold...and then maybe my 1% bank savings account!

sorry rant over!
got it out of me now...!

As you are an Equities man, have you checked out Mr Charts' long-running thread in the Equities section of the forum? It is a low-risk, day-trading strategy (long or short), US Equities only, which may not be exactly what you want, but if you are unhappy with what you are doing now, it can't do any harm to look, I would have thought. The basic strategy is described in the first few pages of the thread, and the rest is specific examples and Q&A etc. Like most strategies, it appears not to work for everyone, but seems to be pretty well thought of.

(I barely trade equities at the moment, so I have not tried it myself, in case you were wondering, but I intend to at some point).

As you are an Equities man, have you checked out Mr Charts' long-running thread in the Equities section of the forum? It is a low-risk, day-trading strategy (long or short), US Equities only, which may not be exactly what you want, but if you are unhappy with what you are doing now, it can't do any harm to look, I would have thought. The basic strategy is described in the first few pages of the thread, and the rest is specific examples and Q&A etc. Like most strategies, it appears not to work for everyone, but seems to be pretty well thought of.

(I barely trade equities at the moment, so I have not tried it myself, in case you were wondering, but I intend to at some point).

Hi, yes I have read that thread and it is of interest educationally for me. However, i'm a medium term trader as I have a day job. I trade on daily price action and trades typically last 5-6 weeks. I basically monitor/enter/exit on trades first thing in the morning and before close of day.
Thanks anyway.