T2W vent thread!

awesome vent, phantom666.....scary name too!

if that happened to a newbie like me, i would throw one of my monitors out the window and stamp on it....bit like how im feeling now actually....

feeling beaten up....dejected......

It's easy (at least in theory, just work on it each day until it becomes so in practice). Here's how:

Can you predict the future? Obviously not. Therefore you will have losing trades. You have to, there's no way you can't.

But you have positive expectancy (or at least, you should do). Therefore you will trade, and you will make money. But we know that if we trade losses are inevitable. Therefore losses are just as much a part of your profitable trading as winnings. You cannot be a profitable trader without wins. Equally, you cannot be a profitable trader without losses (unless you do develop the ability to predict the future).

So relax, losses are just one of those things. Learn from them then move on. :)

you're a bully black swan!

LUCKILY, im not really dejected and depressed but i am in need of venting cos ive gone 12 rounds with eurusd like mike tyson and came out beaten up!!!

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Pussy..

fanks phantom, your words are much kinda that black swan (bully!:p)

firstly, i have got to declare, im not profitable, this is show by my lovely trading statement which is going down down down, despite only risking 2-3%/trade.
still much to learn re: strategy, but im getting some affiinity with trading trendline breaks and incoporating gartleys/fibs into it.

reason why im annoyed today is, my set up occurs, i trade, then due to the choppy mkt today ive been blasted...!!!!

fanks phantom, your words are much kinda that black swan (bully!:p)

firstly, i have got to declare, im not profitable, this is show by my lovely trading statement which is going down down down, despite only risking 2-3%/trade.
still much to learn re: strategy, but im getting some affiinity with trading trendline breaks and incoporating gartleys/fibs into it.

reason why im annoyed today is, my set up occurs, i trade, then due to the choppy mkt today ive been blasted...!!!!

No big thing, really. I don't trade EURUSD, but a market's a market, generally.

First thing, don't worry if you get chopped up in a choppy market. Most retail traders get a serious beating in that kind of action. It happens to everyone, especially (but not exclusively) when you're newish. The easiest thing to do is when you see it developing, just stand aside (I know that's not easy to do LOL).

If you can't do that (you can if you try, but if you really can't) then you need to adapt yourself. Maybe look at a different timeframe (if you trade using charts) - a choppy mess on 1 hour might be a lovely trend on 5 minutes, or garbage on the 15 minute might be great on daily etc.

Also think about where your stops go. I believe these should be dynamic according to market conditions. Sometimes (and this often the case in choppy or very volatile markets) you need wider stops and smaller positions.

See? No big deal. Either learn to trade chop, or stand aside. Or do both. Trade chop on demo whilst you're waiting for things to resolve themselves. That way you learn for free and eventually it'll be you handing out the beatings instead of taking them. :)

you're a bully black swan!

LUCKILY, im not really dejected and depressed but i am in need of venting cos ive gone 12 rounds with eurusd like mike tyson and came out beaten up!!!

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

If you didn't take small pathetic losses you've have realised that it's barely moved in a 20 pip range all morning :LOL:

thats why i think trading M5 makes me lose sight of the wider picture lol. well, its small losses here and there but they add up u know! its all about the pippage, get more pips consistently, then scale my funds up!

No big thing, really. I don't trade EURUSD, but a market's a market, generally.

First thing, don't worry if you get chopped up in a choppy market. Most retail traders get a serious beating in that kind of action. It happens to everyone, especially (but not exclusively) when you're newish. The easiest thing to do is when you see it developing, just stand aside (I know that's not easy to do LOL).

If you can't do that (you can if you try, but if you really can't) then you need to adapt yourself. Maybe look at a different timeframe (if you trade using charts) - a choppy mess on 1 hour might be a lovely trend on 5 minutes, or garbage on the 15 minute might be great on daily etc.

Also think about where your stops go. I believe these should be dynamic according to market conditions. Sometimes (and this often the case in choppy or very volatile markets) you need wider stops and smaller positions.

See? No big deal. Either learn to trade chop, or stand aside. Or do both. Trade chop on demo whilst you're waiting for things to resolve themselves. That way you learn for free and eventually it'll be you handing out the beatings instead of taking them. :)

i like your thoughts on how to deal with it, to be fair, today is the first day ive seen such a choppy market, and i hate it, but you dont necessartily know its choppy til your boat is out to sea....and then it may well be too late!

good ideas tho, im in a bit of a mad weird and loopy mood today, be back to normal once i've taken the spider for a walk...

not quite lost it, but nearly there!

going long and its going short, going short and it goes long.....argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

this is just a thread i thought i'd create to vent my frustration and annoyance at the damn EUR/USD....you norty norty currency pair....!!!!

this is the vent thread...my way to vent my frustration!!!!

feel free to do the same, if you need to! *no expletives allowd*

We all make grammatical errors now and then because nobody is perfect. But I really get tired of reading posts made by people who obviously:

1) Don’t know the differences between; there, their and they’re
2) Don’t know the differences between; to and too
3) Don’t know the differences between; your and you’re
4) Don’t know how to use capitals when starting a new sentence or for proper nouns.

Vent over.:mad:

We all make grammatical errors now and then because nobody is perfect. But I really get tired of reading posts made by people who obviously:

4) Don’t know how to use capitals when starting a new sentence or for proper nouns.

5) Using all of the above errors in the same post.

Peter

Haha, i like it! You forgot norty too...! :)

i do think that the pips are their for me to take but the market is definitely not allow me too do it today.

3 out of 4, not bad eh? :)

Surely the king, the emperor, the Good God Almighty of them all is:

LOOSEING trades. I had a bad LOOSER to day. I don't like to LOOSE.

Followed by: My style is too LOSE. I need to tighten it up.

:LOL::LOL:

You are, indeed, very wacky, pete.

might move to M15. is there a M10? cos i dont see it on my MT4!

Common ones are M1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30, H1, 4, daily, weekly, monthly.

Some have others as standard (eg H2 and H8). Plus with a lot you can customise and make your own (H 13 etc).

Then there's tick charts, generally you can set them to whatever you want (eg 200 ticks 550 ticks etc).

You can also have volume charts.