free seminar...london / sat 29 jan 2011

This was a great afternoon.

BBMac gave an excellent 100 page presentation, i certainly learnt a lot, was time very well spent.

Thankyou.

BBMAC - great presentation, very thorough & detailed, thanks for all the time you took in preparation and presenting it. It was fascinating to see how you trade. Its opened my eyes to rethinking a few things.

Great to meet everyone else too.

Thank you Stewart. I had a great time.

However, when you said "93 in a row", I thought I was hearing things.

From that point onwards I was sitting there thinking: "sh*t, I have to work harder".

And I'm not sure I should thank you for that!! ;-)

Many thanks from me too to Stewart for a really thorough and thought provoking presentation. Many thanks also to the Dentist for organising it. It was invaluable to get such a detailed insight into how a succesful trader operates and was very generous of you both to give up your time to organise it. It was also a great opportunity to meet some friendly people for a chat and a pint afterwards too. Nice to put some faces to names!

If any other succesful traders on here were willing to do something like this in the future I would be there like a shot!

Nice to meet everyone and put faces to T2Wusernames (they are never what you expect - Lol.) Sorry it was a bit long I hadn't run it thru so didn't really know how long it would last.

Great venue-Thanks to Jamie D, and to Norman (Dentist007) for arranging it.

G/L

Outstanding session. For me it has crystallised some filtering that I use for trade entry (but currently mess it up) so that alone will probably make a huge difference. I'm still digesting much of it's content. Very, very informative and a big thanks to BBMAC and Dentist for organising and doing it for us.

I have a monstrous hangover today.

Stu

Your presentation was absolutely top drawer and many thanks for taking so much trouble to prepare it and for being so willing to share your experience.

Thanks also to Dentist for arranging it and to Jamie for the venue. Sunk in a soft sofa wrapped in a silver cushion I was - there's luxury, lol.

Jon

Thank you Stewart. I had a great time.

However, when you said "93 in a row", I thought I was hearing things.

From that point onwards I was sitting there thinking: "sh*t, I have to work harder".

And I'm not sure I should thank you for that!! ;-)

So when anyone states "indicators don't work, it's all vodoo" is the forum consensus now that "oh yes they do"..?

I'm hard-core technical using 2-3 (custom) indicators, but I also 'include' S&P, daily pivot, round numbers, the 200 and 50 ema in my strat./edge, so I've never needed convincing, just keep quiet on the subject and get on with the job whilst the bricks are hurled..but the volley of abuse versus indicators is on ocassion quite pervasive.

** I'm not invoking one of T2W's versions of Godwin's law here (mention of FA v TA) ;)

So when anyone states "indicators don't work, it's all vodoo" is the forum consensus now that "oh yes they do"..?

I've always been of the opinion, that if someone tells you something doesn't work, it usually means it doesn't work for them.

When did anyone make money following the consensus?

;-)

Last edited:
This was a great afternoon.

BBMac gave an excellent 100 page presentation, i certainly learnt a lot, was time very well spent.

Thankyou.

Any chance of the 100 page presentation being made available to those of us who could not make it to the venue?

I'm hard-core technical using 2-3 (custom) indicators, but I also 'include' S&P, daily pivot, round numbers, the 200 and 50 ema in my strat./edge, so I've never needed convincing, just keep quiet on the subject and get on with the job whilst the bricks are hurled..but the volley of abuse versus indicators is on ocassion quite pervasive.

** I'm not invoking one of T2W's versions of Godwin's law here (mention of FA v TA) ;)

indicators ??
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN !

I have attached the presentation in word doc format to this post...it is in the zipped folder attached.

G/L

bbmac,

Thanks very much. I fully appreciate that its a lot of your work and detailed info you've provided there.
I'll be rereading it and giving it the attention it deserves.

glyder

BBmac, excellent presentation pdf, you can't be that far from doing a book??

Some good stuff on psychology in there.. in addition, those Mark Douglas quotes are the best I've ever come across in the many trading books I've read so far.

Last edited: