free seminar...london / sat 29 jan 2011

Sounds good!

Can newbies come?

Is it aimed at Forex?

I assume whoever is doing it is a profitable trader?

thx

levity aside, bbmac is a bit of a fixture here at T2W, and his posts are consistently worthy of note.

his charts show a consistent method, and a consistent reading of markets. (not constantly changing every so often)

if you're UK-based, you could do worse than hear the man in person.

levity aside, bbmac is a bit of a fixture here at T2W, and his posts are consistently worthy of note.

his charts show a consistent method, and a consistent reading of markets. (not constantly changing every so often)

if you're UK-based, you could do worse than hear the man in person.

bbmac has always been worth reading.

Re the comments/questions posed so far in this thread, should this meeting firm up and in respect of the request to talk a little, the following info probably summarises what I am about.

I am an intraday trader, rarely holding overnight positions. My preferred t/f's are sub 1hr and I analyse price across 3 x t/f's. My proprietary trading edge is a number of repeating set-ups that involve all or some of certain patterns of oscillator divergence/extreme reads, band deviation, fractal gemotery and price action it self at pre-identified potential support/resistaance/sbr/rbs factors.

Confluence is the principle that underpins my tactical trading approach to the market reflected in my trading edge, ie the confluence of repeating technical phenomena at the confluence of potential support/resistance factors.

I hope to initiate an open discussion about the following;

a. Confluence
b. High probability trading - why I consider it to be important
c. The technical principles involved in my trading edge and what they actually tell us about price
d. Support/Resistance
e. Price action itself.
f. your trading edge - what you need to know about it
g. methodology - why it is important

and I will provide analysis , observations and examples for discussion based on 5+ years of using the same tech principles that make up my trading edge. I will however not be revealing my trading edge in respect of the actual set-ups, but am happy to talk about the principles behind it, that others may find their own involving such principles should they so decide.

G/L

Last edited:
bbmac thanks for taking the time and effort - I'm in(y)

Looking forward to it.

stewart..thanks for the summary of what we will talk about.it will be a great afternoon.i am looking forward to it

Do we have to attend the paid seminar (the one in February 2011) to get this information then?

Lol, that's the way you see these things generally working isn't it..I know I've been to them too, many moons ago. As far as I am aware, and I take it at face value, this is a get together of traders/aspiring traders to discuss certain elements of trading.

I refer you to my previous statement.

'...I will however not be revealing my trading edge in respect of the actual set-ups..'

I have no desire or need to actively seek to sell my trading edge.

The repeating patterns/set-ups that comprise my trading edge were developed/observed for me by me, ie they suit me, I can spot them instantly in realtime - I have years of experience in doing so. A trading edge must be tailored to one's own needs/tolerances/preferences/personality otherwise you may hinder your chances of being able to execute it properly. My own big need was to achieve a hi-probability trading edge, for others it may be something else, after all this is not neccessarilly the only way to produce a net gain over a sample.. Some or all of the technical phenomena that I will discuss at this meeting and that form part of my trading edge may be useful to others in looking for their own patterns/set-ups when developing/refining their own trading edge.

G/L

Last edited:
What's all this "I won't be revealing my strat." Does that mean those beautifully crafted charts you put up on threads from time to time are just 'mis-direction'? Tut tut Mr BB MAC...;)

What's all this "I won't be revealing my strat." Does that mean those beautifully crafted charts you put up on threads from time to time are just 'mis-direction'? Tut tut Mr BB MAC...;)

Absolutely not, those charts reveal repeating indicator patterns/set-ups are indeed part of my trading edge and if anyone wants to work it all out they are welcome to do so...but my guess is that they will mean nothing particularly as part of the trading edge is a rule based methodology for rating potential support/resistance which means that unless these set-ups develop at those pre-identified areas (which they can) I ignore them as they are lower in probability...ie it is not pretty patterns on a chart that move markets but imbalances of supply/demand or demand/supply...the 'pretty patterns' just give the best chance of an optimum entry point should a price action trigger develop, thereby minimising stop and maximising potential r:r.

Also the charts I have posted here or indeed anywhere do not mention another essential element/component in the set-ups, that of the repeating patterns of fractal geometry that combione with the repeating indicator patterns for highest probability trading opportunities at places decsribed above...this too, yes you guessed, has a methodology that the posting of these charts alone do not reveal.

Thank you though for your description of my charts '..beautifully crafted' I'll take that over what some one recently described them as providing 'anal entry points' lol !!

G/L

approx 15 so far.one coming down from leeds by train
we must also say thanks to jamieD for getting us a great venue

I'll come along, but I will be getting the train down from Preston.

Just have to get the day of work, but that should not be a problem.

(I never pass up the opportunity to learn something!)

P.s. If anyone could let me know if there is anywhere nice I can stay that's not far away I would appreciate it.

it is on a saturday,in the afternoon
finish before 6 pm.
no need to stay over

I'll come along, but I will be getting the train down from Preston.

Just have to get the day of work, but that should not be a problem.

(I never pass up the opportunity to learn something!)

P.s. If anyone could let me know if there is anywhere nice I can stay that's not far away I would appreciate it.