Former prop trader offers free advice

Hello everyone,

I am a former prop trader with 8 years trading experience but I now trade my own account. I have been offered a job at my old firm as a mentor but am not sure if I would enjoy the role. As an experience I have set up a daily video blog that offers free trading ideas and technical analysis of the ftse100, major currency pairs, djia, oil and gold. I don't sell anything at all on the site (there is one google ad).

The reason I have set up the site for free and am advertising it here is I want as many new traders as possible to watch my videos and ask me questions about trading and technical analysis.

If I can get people to interact with me I will have a better idea as to whether I would enjoy becoming a trading mentor for my old company. Feel free to have a look at my videos and read my articles. Get in touch about anything trading related and I would be glad to help. I have about a month before deciding upon whether I take the job so if you want any advice from a professional trader that won't cost you anything now is the time to get it.

The address is

TradewithmeTV

I look forward to hearing from you.

look this guy is fibbing alright. his facebook page has a like for the internetmillionairesonlineclub back in 2010.

Llewelyn James | Facebook

what a bluffer! the back peddling will be kinda fun (y)

his brother is the registrant of internetmillionairesonlineclub and they both featured in a newspaper article.

That is not me! There is more than one Llewelyn James on Facebook.

really

9138-lightning-mcqueen-albums-charts-picture2854-30255-1436672349237-5324393-n.jpg

don't tell me it's pboyles brother :p

To be honest the amount of nut jobs on this forum doesn't encourage me to post a photo of myself! I'm sure you understand.

I believe you. I have a hunch....like a cop hunch.
Are you saying yours is the facebook page with the little bird as the profile pic?
Change the profile pic to a lion.

After over 3.5 years of lurking I finally feel the need to make my first post as I think this witch hunt is getting out of hand.

To speak as I find, I pm'ed SS a couple of weeks back asking for the address of his website - I got a prompt short reply and have not been contacted nor 'bothered' since. I have watched a fair selection of the videos and found his input to be both useful and genuine. I have seen he has called trades live on Lord Flasheart’s thread and also twitter – both winners and losers. He has made very few claims – he has suggested that he is has a historical success rate of 63% and all of the advice he has offered has had merit – RRR, avoiding trading around news, holding over weekends etc. There has been no mention of asking for anything back for what he is providing – and until he does that I think he deserves a fair chance – without being attacked by a mob.

I suspect what has caused all this furore is the use of the word “free” – with the suspicion that this may change once a following is established. Even if this is the case then I don’t think anything has currently been done to subject SS to the abuse he has received.

I do feel he needs several apologies and hope several of this threads contributors are mature enough to do this after some reflection.

I have watched (and quietly supported the outing of various scam artists on T2W) and think that is a valuable part of the forum. Many of the contributors to this thread have done an excellent job in outing and ridiculing said scammers (a valid one as recently as yesterday in my opinion) – but this time I think several have jumped too early and put two and two together making five! I think the basic right of innocent until proven guilty needs to be applied here.

My suspicion/instinct is that time will prove SS to be genuine. It is clear to me that SS is currently trying to establish some credibility for himself and so far I would say trading wise he has done a fair job. Even if at some stage in the future he attempts to sell his advice then it will be after a very public demonstration of his success or otherwise.

As to the mistaken identity – if you were going to look for two Mr L.... James you would do so in Wales – I suspect a fairly common name.

I do of course appreciate my first post status will fuel the conspiracy theorists that this may be a multinic – ( there are many Welsh Ivan’s but sorry to disappoint I’m a Geordie boy!).

SS – thanks for your contributions so far, I plan to continue to watch/monitor for now. Time will be your ultimate judge.

After over 3.5 years of lurking I finally feel the need to make my first post as I think this witch hunt is getting out of hand.

To speak as I find, I pm'ed SS a couple of weeks back asking for the address of his website - I got a prompt short reply and have not been contacted nor 'bothered' since. I have watched a fair selection of the videos and found his input to be both useful and genuine. I have seen he has called trades live on Lord Flasheart’s thread and also twitter – both winners and losers. He has made very few claims – he has suggested that he is has a historical success rate of 63% and all of the advice he has offered has had merit – RRR, avoiding trading around news, holding over weekends etc. There has been no mention of asking for anything back for what he is providing – and until he does that I think he deserves a fair chance – without being attacked by a mob.

I suspect what has caused all this furore is the use of the word “free” – with the suspicion that this may change once a following is established. Even if this is the case then I don’t think anything has currently been done to subject SS to the abuse he has received.

I do feel he needs several apologies and hope several of this threads contributors are mature enough to do this after some reflection.

I have watched (and quietly supported the outing of various scam artists on T2W) and think that is a valuable part of the forum. Many of the contributors to this thread have done an excellent job in outing and ridiculing said scammers (a valid one as recently as yesterday in my opinion) – but this time I think several have jumped too early and put two and two together making five! I think the basic right of innocent until proven guilty needs to be applied here.

My suspicion/instinct is that time will prove SS to be genuine. It is clear to me that SS is currently trying to establish some credibility for himself and so far I would say trading wise he has done a fair job. Even if at some stage in the future he attempts to sell his advice then it will be after a very public demonstration of his success or otherwise.

As to the mistaken identity – if you were going to look for two Mr L.... James you would do so in Wales – I suspect a fairly common name.

I do of course appreciate my first post status will fuel the conspiracy theorists that this may be a multinic – ( there are many Welsh Ivan’s but sorry to disappoint I’m a Geordie boy!).

SS – thanks for your contributions so far, I plan to continue to watch/monitor for now. Time will be your ultimate judge.

I really appreciate that.

Don't be shilly

So how much did you charge for your sleeper service, and how many more virgin multinicks you have in stock ? I think your move is actually detrimental to the OP's cred. I wasn't suspicious before. Now I am a bit.

I am a former prop trader with 8 years trading experience

Fair enough. I'm also a former architect with 8 years experience mind you I only did 4 days work experience in an office but I've been drawing buildings ever since ;)

More over a case of mistaken identity would have tickled me. Really if there is another Allen Stanford somewhere in this world operating some sort of easy money cash box site I would be most amused.

Are you serious? Allen Stanford is one of the worlds greatest known financial fraudsters so you should be tickled as you would say.

Fair enough. I'm also a former architect with 8 years experience mind you I only did 4 days work experience in an office but I've been drawing buildings ever since ;)

More over a case of mistaken identity would have tickled me. Really if there is another Allen Stanford somewhere in this world operating some sort of easy money cash box site I would be most amused.

That would mean you have 8 years experience drawing buildings.