ForexMorningTrade System

Hope it goes well for all of you still in.

I'm busy reconsidering my settings for future trades. To trail or not trail... that is the question :?:

Horses for courses. My preference is not to trail day trades, to let it "breathe". Yes, sometimes I'll lose more pips but it suits my style. Still in by the way.

OK - here are some quotes from the latest EA manual:

All these results are from 4 years backtests (1.1.2007 – 13.9.2010)...

ProfitTargetPips=40, StopLossPips=40, BreakEvenAtPipsProfit=0, TrailingStopPips=0
Total pips: 4317
Maximal drawdown: 6.30%
Profit factor: 1.48
Profit trades: 60%

ProfitTargetPips=40, StopLossPips=40, BreakEvenAtPipsProfit=24, TrailingStopPips=0
Total pips: 4919
Maximal drawdown: 6.20%
Profit factor: 1.83
Profit trades: 73%

ProfitTargetPips=80, StopLossPips=40, BreakEvenAtPipsProfit=0, TrailingStopPips=40
Total pips: 4547
Maximal drawdown: 13.10%
Profit factor: 1.34
Profit trades: 40%

ProfitTargetPips=80, StopLossPips=40, BreakEvenAtPipsProfit=24, TrailingStopPips=40
Total pips: 5357
Maximal drawdown: 6.13%
Profit factor: 1.97
Profit trades: 67%

...Based on the results above, I recommend using both SL to BE and Trailing Stops with the EA.

The recommended settings for the parameters are:
ProfitTargetPips=80 StopLossPips=40 BreakEvenAtPipsProfit=24 TrailingStopPips=40
This setting came as the best and most stable year by year according to my backtests (1, 2, 4 years back).

It was this that convinced me to use the BE and trailing stop in the first place. Although today seems to be heading for at least a 40 pip profit for those still in :clap: Just a pitty I'm not one of them :(

OK - here are some quotes from the latest EA manual:

It was this that convinced me to use the BE and trailing stop in the first place. Although today seems to be heading for at least a 40 pip profit for those still in :clap: Just a pitty I'm not one of them :(

Yes they look good,maybe stick to it mate,for when i back tested 2009 the results were crap but you must remember daily range was about 150-300pts so who knows and i found that when the range was bigger 50pts sl and take profit worked even better,maybe we all keep an eye on it and judge for ourselves