ForexMorningTrade System

Hi britishbull,

My trade was closed when the high of GBP/USD is only 1.5839 and fall short of 24 pips for trailing stop. I do not quite understand how this trailing stop works. :( My entry to long for today was 1.5825 with 35 TP and 35 SL.

listern its down to the individual if it goes down from here you can say you only lost 26pts we loss 40,if it goes up you can say sl too tight no one knows whats right or wrong,i like to play the system the way i bought it,1 for 1.

listern its down to the individual if it goes down from here you can say you only lost 26pts we loss 40,if it goes up you can say sl too tight no one knows whats right or wrong,i like to play the system the way i bought it,1 for 1.

must admit i do like the look of the bounce of 23.6

Hi britishbull,

My trade was closed when the high of GBP/USD is only 1.5839 and fall short of 24 pips for trailing stop. I do not quite understand how this trailing stop works. :( My entry to long for today was 1.5825 with 35 TP and 35 SL.

As I understand it Red, the signal was given to enter long at 15822.3. The price then moved to a high of 15839.1 at 9:15 making the trailing stop move to 40 pips below this high - trailing stop is now 15799.1. When the price dropped and hit the low of 15795.7 it went through our trailing stop loss and exited the trade.

Hope this helps.

Hi britishbull,

You should still be in should you not

Mario - the version that I bought actually recommends the settings that I've listed earlier in the thread. It says that these settings yield the most pips over time, although I notice that Mark doesn't trade these settings himself.

I think I'll trade the trailing stop for a while and see how it goes - as you say it's personal preference so I think it's important that we each test out the settings and find the ones that suit our own trading styles.

As I understand it Red, the signal was given to enter long at 15822.3. The price then moved to a high of 15839.1 at 9:15 making the trailing stop move to 40 pips below this high - trailing stop is now 15799.1. When the price dropped and hit the low of 15795.7 it went through our trailing stop loss and exited the trade.

Hope this helps.

Hi Britishbull,

Thanks for the explanation. The Average Daily Range today is 140 pips but as of now is less than 50. hmmm... Low impact fundamental news I think.

Mario - the version that I bought actually recommends the settings that I've listed earlier in the thread. It says that these settings yield the most pips over time, although I notice that Mark doesn't trade these settings himself.

I think I'll trade the trailing stop for a while and see how it goes - as you say it's personal preference so I think it's important that we each test out the settings and find the ones that suit our own trading styles.

By all means fella do what you got to

-31 and still holding on

- 26 and still holding on

I will let the system work. It's strange that the new EA didn't make the TS follow the price: it' still at 40 pips from the entry point... :|

-31 and still holding on

- 26 and still holding on

I will let the system work. It's strange that the new EA didn't make the TS follow the price: it' still at 40 pips from the entry point... :|

yes but is yours not set at 24+,then break even

yes but is yours not set at 24+,then break even

I let all the settings of the EA (I just changed the lot size: from 0.1 to 0.05); it means that I have +24 at BE but traling stop set to 0, I realized it just now.
That's the reason it didn't move.

I remember that last monday was similar: I guess I am starting hating mondays... :mad:

TS took me out at -.25.5 pips. Without TS, would have lost another 14.5. EA settings provide a good defense. Time will tell if the 80 TP is a good offense, with a better risk-reward.

Wow - price went to within 3 pips of the 40 pip stop and then climbed right back up!

The trailing stop hasn't helped me out this time then :(