Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its one-way moves like this (100+ on EU, and a recent GU 100+) that gets you thinking you should hold on for big runs.
but you have to remind yourself these things may not happen as often as we think.

so, going for the 30 pippers for 10 days is better than the odd 100 pipper now and then.
anyway, thats what I'm posting through the tears of lost opportunities.

old mas method is meant to thrive in those sort of conditions,and should pick up any early morn reversal as happened in gbp/usd. Sadly it happened after id finished for the day

I must be the newbie,this guy lost me yesterday.

I think blackswan was addressing me, any in my post previous i was refering to pivot points, which is what I use to trade off. Just google them to find out the formula, alternatively the THV system plots them for you automatically

I think blackswan was addressing me, any in my post previous i was refering to pivot points, which is what I use to trade off. Just google them to find out the formula, alternatively the THV system plots them for you automatically

what time are your pivot points calculated from,thanks

EURUSD - resistance and support levels for the next 24 hours

My expectations voiced last Thu. were eventually confirmed by the market. EURUSD broke the minor negative trend line and is currently trading above it’s previous peak at 1,3420. This level was a significant resistance and it was normal to have a small bounce back once it was touched.
I continue to think that this pair will go up, at least somewhere near 1,35. Still, we must be aware of the potential resistance levels that we have in the near area between 1,3420 and 1,3470 (a fibo 38,2% level from the important decline that took place in November). Another important resistance level will be 1,3538.
To the downside I see support levels only near 1,3270 and 1,3160 (last week’s low).

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys this thread is going crazy. This is a live call and set up thread. All calls should be when the trade is taken and include a stop. Otherwise it is just a journal and chat room.There are many threads for that, so please stick to what the thread was intended for,thanks

Reactions: tar
Guys this thread is going crazy. This is a live call and set up thread. All calls should be when the trade is taken and include a stop. Otherwise it is just a journal and chat room.There are many threads for that, so please stick to what the thread was intended for,thanks

whilst I agree in principle with you, LF, describing set-ups or broad concepts can help others learn more than perfect live calls but have no context for them.
(I think this has been covered before)

Just been away all weekend and again have not read all the posts granted but things seem to be all over the place, as FL says it is a live call site a tiny bit of input is not bad a couple of strats but random analysis of the currency markets make no sense to me

Just been away all weekend and again have not read all the posts granted but things seem to be all over the place, as FL says it is a live call site a tiny bit of input is not bad a couple of strats but random analysis of the currency markets make no sense to me

I'd agree with you tbh, but there's a simple remedy, make calls if that's your thing..:)

Today was an interesting day for the thread, it showed up a clear divide between those that try to trade with the trend and those that completely disregard it and try and catch tops/bottoms.

It also showed a divide between the purists who want the thread to be a live call and pre call setup alert thread and those that wish to use it as a forum to air their views.

I think it would be a shame if either camp stopped posting as both add value to the thread.

So long as the thread does not descend into a spamfest, lulzfest or all out bctih fight then its all good.

so this isnt spam then Black Swan and those who defended this guy

Im sure the mods will love this newbie

flashy,

myfxbook is not spam and if it was, showing us an account that is down is not the best piece of marketing in the world is it.:rolleyes: