Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've just looked at leerees' myfxbook page.
theres just a 9.75% drawdown. I don't see any ads except those that myfxbook post, as it's their site.

Serious apologies to Leerees if I misread what the site was about.
I seem to have mastered the knack of pissing people off right now,so I will chill out a bit before i get taken away in a straight jacket

well overdue a loser according to my stats.
see if i get a trade soon...
slightly annoying yesterday with posting that long for +14 or whatever it was,only to watch it absolutely fly, never going back near my entry, lol.

Serious apologies to Leerees if I misread what the site was about.
I seem to have mastered the knack of pissing people off right now,so I will chill out a bit before i get taken away in a straight jacket
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
dbnn65l.jpg

its one-way moves like this (100+ on EU, and a recent GU 100+) that gets you thinking you should hold on for big runs.
but you have to remind yourself these things may not happen as often as we think.

so, going for the 30 pippers for 10 days is better than the odd 100 pipper now and then.
anyway, thats what I'm posting through the tears of lost opportunities.

Exactly, we have no foresight as to the extent of the run, but hindsights no good either, fwiw, I'm happy to stick with 10 - 20 per trade, its my bread and butter so to speak.

Guys, if you set a trailing stop do you have to set a SL first?

Before I finished up last night I had 2 small loosers, happy to take around a 10 pip loss on each I set my trailing stop to 10 pips.

I woke up last night (around 4am) and decided to check on my trades and for some reason my trailing stops didn't stop out and I had to manually set the SL, now at a great loss.

What did I do wrong, why didn't MT4 stop the orders out before?

funny.
My ninjatrader account made 24 pips on that short, and my real account got stopped.
currency futures went lower on the original dip after the news