Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flash is right about spreadbetting. You can't open opposing positions on the same SB market.

You can run opposing positions on different markets that virtually off-set. Youo can run opposing positions on the same market if you have two accounts (either with the same firm or each with a different SB firm offering the same market).

but it would still serve no purpose

What would be the point of it,assuming your broker allowed it. I dont know of any s/b frim that would allow it

I agree with u there is no benefit , anyway IGindex allows it but u have to tick the box ( force open ) when u take the offsetting position ...

Right...as you know I've been short euro/$ since beginning of the last month in the belief that Euro is worthless. I am still just in my downward daily trend with overheads at approximately 13225/30 area. I'm rubbish at finding break down confirmation points and have a real tightening picture. Has anyone got a bullish read on this chart...like to recognise "I'm wrong" better. Is there a bullish indicator anyonbe has?

hope you all have a great week. this is last full week for me. even then, it's more of a coasting into year-end.

You say you took a hedge(long and short). This must be your first day,please ask any questions you want,we are all here to help. I seem to get criticised when I check peoples trades but this is one good reason why. You can not have taken a short and long in the same market unless they were diferent month contracts on the futures. If you were spread betting if you went short and then long you would be cancelled out and your positions left as flat. Did you do this with separate demo accounts. The way we generally post on here is to post the trade as soon as you take it(include stops) and then again when you get out of the trade. Dont worry about being wrong or making a fool of yourself,weve all done that,me many times. Good luck and welcome

As far as I know I didn't do anything special, they were both market orders of the same lot sizes and the second trade didn't cancel out the first. When I opened the account (Alpari UK) I did ask them if hedging is allowed and they said yes.

The reason I made money is because I closed my short at the bottom of the bounce, then when the long rode up to the initial entry I'd already bagged my pips from the short and closed my long at B/E.

I cancel out trades by clicking close position or by modifying the stop loss / TP for that order line on the terminal window.

If this was my stock trading account however the second order would have canceled out the first, to hedge in stocks I use 2 accounts.

I'm trading a live account using meta trader 4.

Last edited:
As far as I know I didn't do anything special, they were both market orders of the same lot sizes and the second trade didn't cancel out the first. When I opened the account (Alpari UK) I did ask them if hedging is allowed and they said yes.

I cancel out trades by clicking close position or by modifying the stop loss / TP for that order line on the terminal window.

If this was my stock trading account however the second order would have canceled out the first, to hedge in stocks I use 2 accounts.

I'm trading a live account.

so at one point one of your trades was + 63 and one -63. If that is correct did you intend it that way. If you didnt think carefully about what we have said. im not sure how new you are but you have have inadvertantly done something you didnt realise realise. In the type of trading you appear to be doing there is no point in having one trade long and one short,one completely balances the other.