Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My getout point / stoploss for the long was a few pips below S1, where the bounce happened. Had the trade gone against me and my long stopped out I'd have come out flat. It bounced all the way back so my short made 100% profit and my long broke even.

Vaco if it broke down I'd have opened a new short at S1 closing the long at a loss, which would actually be break even due to the previous short.

I got my EU long, and to be fair, I doubted myself, until I saw Vaco's comment. The reason for the doubt was I had previously seen 3 other posters going short before I took my trade, and for me this is one big issues I have with posting on threads, anybody else feel the same?

I'll pm you the po box no for the chq:cheesy:

I actually posted that because I could not understand all the shorts that were been posted and your trade was the only one that made sense to me.

I got my EU long, and to be fair, I doubted myself, until I saw Vaco's comment. The reason for the doubt was I had previously seen 3 other posters going short before I took my trade, and for me this is one big issues I have with posting on threads, anybody else feel the same?

:)cant beleive you took my trade into consideration,old mas method is -109 aft.er 17 trades. You are of course right, ive felt like that many times, and it has affected me many times. If old mas method doesnt work out(which it will) i will not post live trades anymore. I post these trades as there are rigid entry rules so carry little emotion with them

Nope I know the're wrong and I'm always right..:p Bit tongue in cheek as I'm not always right (frequently wrong) but you get the message..non?

I'd never trade blows/trades on a thread like this, I look at it (the thread) from a distance, usually from totally different TFs and entry criteria. The calls made on here do *help* me form my perspective.

He doesn't seem new to me... Maybe new to Forex but not trading? Maybe he could inform us?

Either way though, do you not see how this trade worked? He left the hedge until his drection was confirmed and then closed one side once he could see where it was going. I really don't see why this is a problem as, like he said, it reduces risk... Or am I missing something (wouldn't be the first time)?

It doesnt reduce any risk whatsoever, it just flatlinest the trade less coms. Someone else please explain(bs,trendie,dinos,vaco,whoever). I dont appear to be doing a good job of it. im assuming he is knowledgable but new,but is missing something

I'll pm you the po box no for the chq:cheesy: lol

I actually posted that because I could not understand all the shorts that were been posted and your trade was the only one that made sense to me.

My thinking as well, but still didn't stop me questioning my own judgement.

absolutely. I too couldn't understand all the EU shorts, as my charts were saying long.
I couldnt understand LFs EJ short earlier either, unless hes trying to fade OB/OSs.
its always more scary when many people call the same direction, I still sometimes puke (is that the new buzzword?) on a decent signal, wondering what they are seeing that I may have missed.

For me, the Stochs were above 50 :-0, so looked for OS hooks!

Attachments

• didnt-trade-this.jpg
    didnt-trade-this.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 103
when you have time please explain a little.

As EURJPY is a JPY cross it is affected by both USDJPY and EURUSD.
From my experience if EURUSD is going up - EURJPY should go up most of the time, but not always.

As EURJPY is a JPY cross it is affected by both USDJPY and EURUSD.
From my experience if EURUSD is going up - EURJPY should go up most of the time, but not always.

At the moment I wouldn't trade EJ - there is a mixed message from the market. EU going up and UJ going down, so I prefer to stay out of EJ.:whistling

If I were to guess - I would say EJ may go further up unless it goes below the local low.

It doesnt reduce any risk whatsoever, it just flatlinest the trade less coms. Someone else please explain(bs,trendie,dinos,vaco,whoever). I dont appear to be doing a good job of it. im assuming he is knowledgable but new,but is missing something

Like I said before I didn't have a strong enough confirmation that the price would go down so i took a hedge, i could have waited but by the time I'd have got confirmation and entered my short I'd have already lost out on about 10 pips.

only 1 quick scalp on cable so far for just +6 (trade no. 14 on the attachement)
Too quick to post it.

Having one of those patches where you think you 'have the market sussed'.
However, I've been here before and am very wary that the market will just 'change its tune' and ill be back to losing every trade! lol

Attachments

• trades.JPG
    trades.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 106
only 1 quick scalp on cable so far for just +6 (trade no. 14 on the attachement)
Too quick to post it.

Having one of those patches where you think you 'have the market sussed'.
However, I've been here before and am very wary that the market will just 'change its tune' and ill be back to losing every trade! lol

i think the market has me sussed at the mo. I totally believe in what i am doing,but its easy to get worn down. Still its only 109 pips down and thats after a poor run. i have a worse case drawdown of 400 ish. I was hoping to get ahead before ermageddon set in,we will see

i think the market has me sussed at the mo. I totally believe in what i am doing,but its easy to get worn down. Still its only 109 pips down and thats after a poor run. i have a worse case drawdown of 400 ish. I was hoping to get ahead before ermageddon set in,we will see

Flash,

out of curiosity over what tf did you backtest?

Also how would the results look if you took out the best performing run?

Flash,

out of curiosity over what tf did you backtest?

Also how would the results look if you took out the best performing run?

5 min( but its not overly relevant), manually, 4 markets

Hard to answer question directly. But here are stats i did work out

Average more than 400 a month
best 1300(may this year i think)
worst -150(august)

estimated biggest drawdown about 400. Very hard to work out exactly. this is all based on me taking all the trades even if they are correlated.
-159 doesnt look impressive,but its only two winners:)

5 min( but its not overly relevant), manually, 4 markets

Hard to answer question directly. But here are stats i did work out

Average more than 400 a month
best 1300(may this year i think)
worst -150(august)

estimated biggest drawdown about 400. Very hard to work out exactly. this is all based on me taking all the trades even if they are correlated.
-159 doesnt look impressive,but its only two winners:)

I suppose the drawdown has to be seen in context of the long-term game, and in context of size of winners.
As long as you're happy that the trade-log is within system parameters, and the longer-term returns will nett you significantly more, then its fine.