Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
have not traded most of the week and again my faults of a trader rares its ugly head, no patience cant let the trade do its thing, left so many points not only in my aud trade but other trades i have not posted, its my biggest frustration and problem, i really need to sort that aspect of my trading

have not traded most of the week and again my faults of a trader rares its ugly head, no patience cant let the trade do its thing, left so many points not only in my aud trade but other trades i have not posted, its my biggest frustration and problem, i really need to sort that aspect of my trading

aud/usd should be looking something like this at he moment, entry is pin bar of S1

aud1.gif

Take Profits from last hedge trade:
short EUR/USD +65
long EUR/USD -3
+16 pips earnt from earlier trade.

To summarise my trades I took advantage of the bearish sentiment. I rode 2 shorts down to S1 bringing a long with it, the price bounced of S1 so closed the short and rode the hedged long all the way back up to break even.

I ignored RSI around S1 as I got a stronger cross over signal instead, the signal went in my favour.

That's me finished for today
Day 1 - Total pips = 78

I'm only a beginner so don't laugh at my small pips!

Last edited:
Not too much posting from me today, have been labouring on G/U scalping, so focussed on trading so I could not post that much. PA has changed my polarity on a higher TF on G/U. Have suspected it by yesterday's PA, now waiting for some clear reversal signal on H4 before committing to build a short position, until then shall be scalping in both directions
Wishing all great weekend!

Take Profits from last hedge trade:
short EUR/USD +65
long EUR/USD -3
+16 pips earnt from earlier trade.

To summarise my trades I took advantage of the bearish sentiment. I rode 2 shorts down to S1 bringing a long with it, the price bounced of S1 so closed the short and rode the hedged long all the way back up to break even.

I ignored RSI around S1 as I got a stronger cross over signal instead, the signal went in my favour.

That's me finished for today
Day 1 - Total pips = 78

I'm only a beginner so don't laugh at my small pips!

can you explain what you did. how can your short have made money when a few mins later you went long. Were yuou short and long at the same time:)

Reactions: tar

I'd never interfere in another man's strat. this is more of a global observation I've noticed on this thread in particular; there's a real fear of taking a loss, stops are way too tight for the TF that most have in play, folk tend to puke and spew the trade before it's failed.

fwiw if I'm playing off the small TFs, (900 ticks or 10/15 mins) my stop is 35, it's hardly ever breached (1 in 20/30 trades?) and if it is It's generally an indication that there's a trade alerting in the opposite direction or I've exeprienced a spike. My average loss is 22 on the small TFs, but putting the stop at that level is bad practice, it'd get hit way too often.

If the trade has failed and I lose a little, say 12 pips, I consider that a result but I'd never puke early simply because the trade had stalled, or didn't look good or I was nervous re locking in 12 pips, I take the attitude that anything below 20 is a waste of time and will only settle for that kind of return if my signals are alerting the trade has finished.

can you explain what you did. how can your short have made money when a few mins later you went long. Were yuou short and long at the same time:)

Hi Flasheart,

Basically I started out taking a short down to 1.32063, this was a MS1 pivot and it started to pull back so I closed out my short in profit.

Then, the pullback hovered around MS1 pivot and I couldn't decide which way so I took a hedge (long and short), the trend then continued down all the way to S1, it bounced off S1 so closed that short and then it began riding up and settled in a range, I think it was around 4pm gmt and by this time I was getting hungry so decided to call it a day and closed my long at break even (-3 pips).

Just looking back at the chart and it's been ranging around this level ever since.

This is my first day of trading forex so any feedback is welcomed, to be honest I'm totally amazed at how acurate technical analysis has been today, beginners luck maybe.

Last edited:
Hi Flasheart,

Basically I started out taking a short down to 1.32063, this was a MS1 pivot and it started to pull back so I closed out my short in profit.

Then, the pullback hovered around MS1 pivot and I couldn't decide which way so I took a hedge (long and short), the trend then continued down all the way to S1, it bounced off S1 so closed that short and then it began riding up and settled in a range, I think it was around 4pm gmt and by this time I was getting hungry so decided to call it a day and closed my long at break even (-3 pips).

Just looking back at the chart and it's been ranging around this level ever since.

This is my first day of trading forex so any feedback is welcomed, to be honest I'm totally amazed at how acurate technical analysis has been today, beginners luck maybe.

You say you took a hedge(long and short). This must be your first day,please ask any questions you want,we are all here to help. I seem to get criticised when I check peoples trades but this is one good reason why. You can not have taken a short and long in the same market unless they were diferent month contracts on the futures. If you were spread betting if you went short and then long you would be cancelled out and your positions left as flat. Did you do this with separate demo accounts. The way we generally post on here is to post the trade as soon as you take it(include stops) and then again when you get out of the trade. Dont worry about being wrong or making a fool of yourself,weve all done that,me many times. Good luck and welcome

You say you took a hedge(long and short). This must be your first day,please ask any questions you want,we are all here to help. I seem to get criticised when I check peoples trades but this is one good reason why. You can not have taken a short and long in the same market unless they were diferent month contracts on the futures. If you were spread betting if you went short and then long you would be cancelled out and your positions left as flat. Did you do this with separate demo accounts. The way we generally post on here is to post the trade as soon as you take it(include stops) and then again when you get out of the trade. Dont worry about being wrong or making a fool of yourself,weve all done that,me many times. Good luck and welcome

Sorry Flash,

But this is nonsense,

You can be long and short in forex at the same time with the same broker, you can do this with any mt4 broker and also with fxcm as long as you do not live in the usa.

Sorry Flash,

But this is nonsense,

You can be long and short in forex at the same time with the same broker, you can do this with any mt4 broker and also with fxcm as long as you do not live in the usa.

have to agree with this. have experienced it when testing grids. all that happens is that your margin reqs are not doubled, as it seems to nett off exposure to some degree.
but you will get charged two lots of comms.

have to agree with this. have experienced it when testing grids. all that happens is that your margin reqs are not doubled, as it seems to nett off exposure to some degree.
but you will get charged two lots of comms.

Be serious,what would be the point of having a long position and a short position in the same market. If I go £1 long and then £1 short, im flat. And if your broker did alow it there would still be no point of it

also if you look at the trades i was refering too,it couldnt have happened like that

Sorry Flash,

But this is nonsense,

What would be the point of it,assuming your broker allowed it. I dont know of any s/b frim that would allow it

Lots of v.experienced guys hedge in the exact fashion the guy posted...perhaps with different timing; news events, data releases etc. but nevertheless it's a fairly standard trading method, perhaps he's discovered it by accident (instinct) as opposed to design.

Lots of v.experienced guys hedge in the exact fashion the guy posted...perhaps with different timing; news events, data releases etc. but nevertheless it's a fairly standard trading method, perhaps he's discovered it by accident (instinct) as opposed to design.

but were talking about a guy trading the same market eur/usd.Both long and short serves no purpose,your position will always be square unless its a different contract traded and he clearly didnt mean that

Flash is right about spreadbetting. You can't open opposing positions on the same SB market.

You can run opposing positions on different markets that virtually off-set. Youo can run opposing positions on the same market if you have two accounts (either with the same firm or each with a different SB firm offering the same market).