Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Morning all, haven't missed the GU volatility breakout this morning for a change. Orders in.

Attachments

• 7th Dec GU VEBO orders.PNG
    7th Dec GU VEBO orders.PNG
    73.2 KB · Views: 106
Morning all, haven't missed the GU volatility breakout this morning for a change. Orders in.

Long bo filled @5794, other bits in earlier excel sheet snip. Set & forget. I'm only focusing on EU now for setups around work and as i'm unable to post most of the trades realtime, i'll put them in the journal.

morning all, seems like i have nt missed out yet on my setups :) for once like simon

Dinos, I dont use IG either, but, I have downloaded FXCM Strategy Trader recently.
They have configurable tick-charts, ie, 100-tick, 200-tick, etc.

Dont know if that helps you right now, but they might be useful as back-up platform.
(the link etc, is on my recent FXCM tradng platform thread.)

Dinos, I dont use IG either, but, I have downloaded FXCM Strategy Trader recently.

Dont know if that helps you right now, but they might be useful as back-up platform.

I was using the tick charts in strategy trader but noticed some bugs... I wouldn't like to rely on them to be honest. I fired em up one day and there was a gap of a few hours between candles... Confused the hell outta me.

Good luck today, Patrick ...tell me your basking in 30 degree heat somewhere...need warming up! :)

cheers simon

stuck in old cold london today :) nice to be home for a change well till thursday anyway

best of luck to you aswell mate seems like things went well yesterday :clap:

I was using the tick charts in strategy trader but noticed some bugs... I wouldn't like to rely on them to be honest. I fired em up one day and there was a gap of a few hours between candles... Confused the hell outta me.

thanks for heads up there, Rob. (y) will have to pay attention when testing the platform.

Thanks Paul, I'll have a look, always good to have that back up, cheers

they have indeed served me well.
maybe I have become aware that I am missing a trick.

in principle, I am still taking pullbacks, and the win pip-bag is bigger than the lose pip-bag, but deep retraces do bother me, as I get triggered out and fooled into switching direction.
Also, fewer changes of direction might be a good thing.

might just forward run it. I dont think I am changing fundamentally, just by a smidge.

example is EU as shown. the deep retraces take me out, when they could be seen as extreme-point entries.

Just a thought to keep you on the right side Trendie

Attachments

• just a thought.png
    just a thought.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 239
gbp is approaching short entry level again,with my form it will probably hit and continue its upward path again

template name "current fad"! :LOL:
I take the hint.

(actually, the zig-zaggy lines reminds me of when I get visual migraines)

I thought i would make you feel at home with all the lines!!

Seriously though, the cloud should keep you onside.