Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
redart, always keen to understand the mindset of fellow traders.

Can you tell me why you're shorting into a rising pair that have found support on a daily support level, the monthly pivot point and yesterday's high?

I'm not in cable at the moment as I want to see the 5800 level hold before going back in long, but genuinely interested in your decision basis.

it depends how you look at things i guess. My shorts today look to be against rising markets. I shorted after there had been a retrace and i was looking to catch the days high. If i was right the rewards can be good.Other days it will look like im tarding with the trend. Surely timescale is also relevant

Long bo filled @5794, other bits in earlier excel sheet snip. Set & forget.

GU London breakout update...:sleep:

Edit: 14:28 - stops to b/e

Attachments

• 7th Dec GU VEBO update 1.PNG
    7th Dec GU VEBO update 1.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
stopped.
naughtiest trade i've took in ages.
Not because it was 'against the trend' (as most of my trades are), but because my system never actually triggered short!
I pre-empted my signal as it was so close to going short and then I jumped in thinking i'd get a better price, only for it to carry on up and the system remaining flat!

I haven't made that sort of mistake in ages.
I think it might be down to the good run i've been having. Maybe in my head i was more willing to take a gamble and use my previous winnings to justify the risk..?....

Bramble - I take your point on board. However, in my experience with my relatively short timeframe trading and never really looking for more than a few bars in my favour, the 'bigger picture' rarely seems to have an effect, and sometimes, that bias causes me to both miss good trades i'd otherwise take, and also take bad trades thinking that I at least have that longterm bias on my side, only to be filled long at the high tick!

Im currently just trade short timeframe paying little attention to much else. Generally fading the move looking for certain patterns, and sometimes 'going with the trend'.
My chart is quite plain with a few custom indicators kindly programmed for me. I also use a simple excel spreadsheet for some of my trade ideas.

Having said all of that, its worth noting that despite my join date, I consider myself a total newbie, and a rather poor trader!
I trade to try and make pocket money to pay for my beers at the weekend and nothing else!

old mas method currently running at -145 after 10 trades:mad:. Still eu to come and not looking good

sounds a lot as all trades are doubled up. Time will show.

Its currently available for £5000 for first 10 customers. dont all fight for it

stopped.
naughtiest trade i've took in ages.
Not because it was 'against the trend' (as most of my trades are), but because my system never actually triggered short!
I pre-empted my signal as it was so close to going short and then I jumped in thinking i'd get a better price, only for it to carry on up and the system remaining flat!

Re-entered....this time waiting for the system.

edit: out +12

Attachments

• 6B 12-10 (10 Min)  07_12_2010.jpg
    6B 12-10 (10 Min) 07_12_2010.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 112
in my experience with my relatively short timeframe trading and never really looking for more than a few bars in my favour, the 'bigger picture' rarely seems to have an effect, and sometimes, that bias causes me to both miss good trades i'd otherwise take, and also take bad trades thinking that I at least have that longterm bias on my side, only to be filled long at the high tick!
Excellent response.

Ties in with flashy's comment on the significance of trading timeframe in terms of decision making and that of how expectations 'never more than a few bars' can put a completely different slant on approach, method and execution.

Times that I'm sitting through a temporary pullback to my long, you're equally likely to be successfully getting in-and-out on that very same 'pullback' as a short term short trade.

We're all looking at the same thing, but not at all really. Pretty amazing stuff.

Flashy U are generally a nice guy but when your having a bad day you can be a right troll.

Just exactly which part of this trade was not a live call.

lol Im always a nice guy, I just dont feel that counts as a live call and i genuinely thought youd decided against it. I wouldnt blame you,look at me. But please dont have a pop at me for wanting live calls on the thread,its a live call thread and should be posted before the trade is taken. Otherwise we end up with 10 Black swans dropping by every other day and claiming to have made 300 pips. im sure you know what I mean

agot to go out till later,have left euor trade in for 1/2 off at +40 and rest at + 100. hoping to repair the damage done

lol Im always a nice guy, I just dont feel that counts as a live call and i genuinely thought youd decided against it. I wouldnt blame you,look at me. But please dont have a pop at me for wanting live calls on the thread,its a live call thread and should be posted before the trade is taken. Otherwise we end up with 10 Black swans dropping by every other day and claiming to have made 300 pips. im sure you know what I mean

pssst, Flashy, I think you missed something

Peter