Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My trading life seems to be in a happy place the last few weeks. I havent made anything,but I really seem to have no stress or pressure on me. I am totally convinced I will be well ahead using old mas strategy. I look upon it this way.If I only get 100 pips a month,then thats fine by me. Ill sit at comp for 4 hrs a day talking to you guys for £2000 a month. Im sure it will bring shed loads more than that, probably about 400 pips a month on average. What state of mind are you guys in when you trade? Im used to worrying every single month,it had to stop. I always knew id be ahead but it was so hard and stressfull making the decisions all the time that have serious financial consequences.
Ive never had this before, Im sat at my computer and dont take trades after midday and dont really care if i lose,its just part of a long term process.

Will I feel the same when Im back trading £20 pp. I hope my beliefs will be so strong I will have no worries about the amount. anyway thought Id mention it while things are quiet

Will I feel the same when Im back trading £20 pp. I hope my beliefs will be so strong I will have no worries about the amount. anyway thought Id mention it while things are quiet

Glad to hear your in a good place, as for how you will feel when you are back up to your normal level, most likely you will not be stressed until you hit another bad run the depth and length of which will test your resolve and your belief in your system.

This may not happen for months to come or even years or maybe not at all!

What state of mind are you guys in when you trade?

Now I've reached the point where I don't get emotional whatever the case - a win or a loss - it's almost boring. I've accepted the fact that losing trades are inevitable - I see it as a business expense. Also can't be profitable every day - so I just follow the rules (max 2% risk per trade, stop trading after 2 failed trades per day etc.)and feel happy if in control. If more than 10% profit or 4% loss a day, I tend to stop trading for a couple of days.

PS I've stopped counting pips - instead I adjust the size according to the risk I'm exposed to.

1m chart.

Attachments

• audusd 004.GIF
    audusd 004.GIF
    10.9 KB · Views: 107
Update on old ma flashearts secret trading recipe

6 trades called over two days. 3 losers,3 winners

1/2 time trades are at -3
full time trades are at +38

combined + 35

18 pips a day is more than enough to live on:)

I think I may have to re-assess a part of my rules?
Could you give an opinion on: not taking the Long Stochs (thick red line) on breach of 30 from below for longs, or breach of 70 from above as shorts, but instead just wait for the 45/55 zone?
Then, as per usual, take the faster Stochs pullbacks as entry triggers.

Eyeballing, I think I would avoid the choppy and false reversals. However, I would get in later, but, weirdly, not much later. Positive is I would then catch deeper retraces where currently I am changing direction.

Any overall opinions would be greatly appreciated.
(I still have no rules for ballistic moves.)

NB: I make no warranty this is how I trade, nor that I make any money. Yo-yos can go up as well as down.

Attachments

• opinions.jpg
    opinions.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 139
I think I may have to re-assess a part of my rules?
Could you give an opinion on: not taking the Long Stochs (thick red line) on breach of 30 from below for longs, or breach of 70 from above as shorts, but instead just wait for the 45/55 zone?
Then, as per usual, take the faster Stochs pullbacks as entry triggers.

Eyeballing, I think I would avoid the choppy and false reversals. However, I would get in later, but, weirdly, not much later. Positive is I would then catch deeper retraces where currently I am changing direction.

If your rules have served you over time why are you changing them? I really havent the greatest knowledge on stochs or any indicator. my reversal is based on time, price
and pattern.

If your rules have served you over time why are you changing them? I really havent the greatest knowledge on stochs or any indicator. my reversal is based on time, price
and pattern.

they have indeed served me well.
maybe I have become aware that I am missing a trick.

in principle, I am still taking pullbacks, and the win pip-bag is bigger than the lose pip-bag, but deep retraces do bother me, as I get triggered out and fooled into switching direction.
Also, fewer changes of direction might be a good thing.

might just forward run it. I dont think I am changing fundamentally, just by a smidge.

example is EU as shown. the deep retraces take me out, when they could be seen as extreme-point entries.

NB: I am also playing with the Stochs where going over 80 is a long, until it breaches 20 for the short. I use Stochs as trend-identifiers / breakout plays, not as classical OB OS, except on the faster Stochs.
NB2: just toying with ideas.

Attachments

• eu-4555.jpg
    eu-4555.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 123