Forex Profit Monster - 4H TF

I used '[email protected]'. Not had any replies.

Hi Folks

Excellent job so far - congratulations on the discipline to follow this accurately.

Sorry I can't commit to contribute more right now, but I do get the email notifications of your posts, and keep up to speed with it a bit.

Ajnath - try [email protected]

It may be an obsolete email address too, but that is the last contact address I have for Jim.
Unusual that he has not responded - I guess anyone can have circumstances that disrupt a routine.

Coolpixel1: Good job on the thread. You and Forextrader85 are doing justice to Jim's method - hope to join you later. Nose to the wheel right now.

Noltisy - thanks for your contribution - it really boosts confidence when someone can chime in with their live trading record.

Hint: When decision-making on exits, don't hesitate to check the TF immediately above and below the TF you are trading, to get a feel for the overall trend.

eg if trading 4H, check the DAILY and the 1HOUR charts.

You will quickly get the message about the trend changing, or if it is simply a pull-back. learn to use Jim's MTF ADX indicator more - it does give you trend strength, as well as trend direction.

In all, Jim has thought through all the issues we are discussing here, and I think the ADX might be an answer to the exit dilemma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parabolic_SAR

PSAR is an excellent exit tool too. And yes, playing with the settings can be fruitful - especially on the higher TF. SAR was developed for securities, so enhanced settings for FOREX are legit.

But beware using it when trends flatten, and become range-bound. It is unreliable as an entry signal.

Hey all,

I have been using this system on 4H Charts on a live IBFX account since Dec 1st. I started with $162.28 US and as of tonight I am at $209.35...that is a 29% return on my money. December I traded .01 lots or about $1 margin for each trade. Jan and Feb I started trading .05 lots or about $5 each trade. I follow the rules exactly...I get out only when an exit arrow shows up. I do not exit a trade at S/R or when the Fast Trend reverses. Since I use the 4H charts one of the times a new candle closes/opens is at 2am my time. I go to sleep right after the 10pm candle and luckily there has only been a few times I missed a trade at 2am. If I do, I usually buy/sell when I wake up at 6am...unless there has been a huge movement from 2am to 6am.

Dec: Profit $5.26 trading .01 lots
Jan: Profit $24.74 trading .05 lots (a few trades in early Jan were .01 lots)
Feb: Profit $13.23 trading .05 lots (I have open positions with $3.84 in profits)

Total Trades: 59
Short Positions (won %): 35 (42.86%)
Long Positions (won %): 24 (54.17%)
Profit Trades (% of total): 28 (47.46%)
Loss trades (% of total): 31 (52.54%)
Largest profit trade: 21.31 loss trade: -8.46
Average profit trade: 4.36 loss trade: -2.51
Maximum consecutive wins ($): 6 (27.69) consecutive losses ($): 5 (-13.10)
Maximal consecutive profit (count): 27.69 (6) consecutive loss (count): -22.83 (4)
Average consecutive wins: 2 consecutive losses: 2

In early Feb, I did get a little aggressive and bought USDJPY at the entry arrow and then again when there was an up exit arrow. Those both went against me, so if I did not take the 2nd trade (at the up exit arrow) I would be up another $7.72 for February. Jim says in the manual that taking a 2nd trade in that circumstance is a big risk that can pay off, but that was the first and last time I do that. Only 1 trade per pair at a time for me from now on.

I love this system. Jim has answered the 3 emails I have sent him to ask questions within 24 hours. I do notice that his blog has a different # of trades per pair than I have, but I attribute that to using different brokers.

Noltisy

Welcome Noltisy,
be careful about your Money management. Trading 0,05 lot with 200 USD account means that you risk more than 2% on one trade. Actualy when your stoploss ist around 100 pips on 4H timeframe, it means you risk 25% of your account. When you look to Jims result, you can see, that average loss ist around 80 pips according to a pair.
Pedrosek

Welcome Noltisy,
be careful about your Money management. Trading 0,05 lot with 200 USD account means that you risk more than 2% on one trade. Actualy when your stoploss ist around 100 pips on 4H timeframe, it means you risk 25% of your account. When you look to Jims result, you can see, that average loss ist around 80 pips according to a pair.
Pedrosek

Hi Pedrosek,

I am actually risking about 2.5% per trade. .05 lots are around $5 per trade. I am thinking of going up to 5% per trade since it is only $200 and then go back down to about 2.5% once I get up to $1,000. This is really just a play account to test out FPM on a live account. FPM is the only system I have bought (and I have bought a lot of them) where I did not lose my whole account the first few months. I like the fact that Jim posts his results and that he does not have 1000 affiliates with fake reviews selling his system.

100 pips on my account are about $5 as well so a 100 pip gain/loss comes to 2.5% risk. 1,000 pips would be the 25% you mentioned. I have a 100-1 leverage account. Each pip movement for me is is about 5 cents at .05 lots.

I forgot to mention that my initial SL is per Jim at the farthest green dotted line from entry (I forget what the green dotted lines are called). If my trade goes in the money I move the SL to the Blue ML line only when a red dot appears. I have only 1 trade hit any SL at this point. Most are closed out at the exit arrow.

Noltisy

Ingot54,

Thanks for the info. I have a small live account where I am testing this system so if I lose the whole thing it is not that big of a deal. I am using a live account since with previous systems I bought, I would demo them with great success then move them to a live account and lose my shirt. I am only trading this account with money I can afford to lose, so I am following his system to what his manual says as closely as I can.

Noltisy

Hi Pedrosek,

I am actually risking about 2.5% per trade. .05 lots are around $5 per trade. I am thinking of going up to 5% per trade since it is only $200 and then go back down to about 2.5% once I get up to $1,000. This is really just a play account to test out FPM on a live account. FPM is the only system I have bought (and I have bought a lot of them) where I did not lose my whole account the first few months. I like the fact that Jim posts his results and that he does not have 1000 affiliates with fake reviews selling his system.

100 pips on my account are about $5 as well so a 100 pip gain/loss comes to 2.5% risk. 1,000 pips would be the 25% you mentioned. I have a 100-1 leverage account. Each pip movement for me is is about 5 cents at .05 lots.

I forgot to mention that my initial SL is per Jim at the farthest green dotted line from entry (I forget what the green dotted lines are called). If my trade goes in the money I move the SL to the Blue ML line only when a red dot appears. I have only 1 trade hit any SL at this point. Most are closed out at the exit arrow.

Noltisy
Hi Noltisy,
isnt it a nano account with 0,005 Lot? I have a microaccount with minimum 0,01 Lot
Pedrosek

Hi Noltisy,
isnt it a nano account with 0,005 Lot? I have a microaccount with minimum 0,01 Lot
Pedrosek

I do trade at .05 lots not .005 lots. My account has a .01 lot minimum and IBFX calls it a microaccount. BUt I think you are right since in normal accounts 1 lot is about $1,000 margin.

Last edited:
Hi all,

After stumbing upon this thread while looking for a good stochastic indicator, I became quite interested in FPM, many thanks to the contributors for making it such an informative read.

I have never purchased a commerical method before since I am still refining my own skills, however the logic to the system appears to be transparent and sound, therefore I have decided to give it a bash!

I'm currently trading FPM on the 4H TF, however I have noticed something that does not correlate with some of Ivan's screenshots in this thread - my fast trend indicator is showing a value of 21, and the slow trend is showing 13.

From Ivan's screen shots I can see that both values are 13. Have I installed the template correctly?

I currently have FPM set up on a demo account, I'm more than happy to share my findings in this thread.

Last edited:
Hi all,

After stumbing upon this thread while looking for a good stochastic indicator, I became quite interested in FPM, many thanks to the contributors for making it such an informative read.

I have never purchased a commerical method before since I am still refining my own skills, however the logic to the system appears to be transparent and sound, therefore I have decided to give it a bash!

I'm currently trading FPM on the 4H TF, however I have noticed something that does not correlate with some of Ivan's screenshots in this thread - my fast trend indicator is showing a value of 21, and the slow trend is showing 13.

From Ivan's screen shots I can see that both values are 13. Have I installed the template correctly?

I currently have FPM set up on a demo account, I'm more than happy to share my findings in this thread.

Make sure you are using the Intraday template. It sounds like you have the daily template loaded on your charts.

thanks, noltisy

I had indeed loaded the wrong template. I had amended the moving average indicator to work with a 5 digit broker and had saved it as FPM Intraday, when in fact it was the Daily template that I had amended. Doh!

I've been demoing the FPM for about a week now and have a question. Is it possible that you can have a buy trade (for instance) and the green lines are above the entry point? I notice that the USD/JPY has that as a possibility on the 4 HR. chart now. If so, you'd have to find a different stop area. Maybe below a fib point or something. Thanks,

Jerry

Sorry, another question:

My broker time is GMT +1 and my local time is GMT.

Is there any way that I can change the timing of the signals to coincide with local time as opposed to broker time?

Sorry, another question:

My broker time is GMT +1 and my local time is GMT.

Is there any way that I can change the timing of the signals to coincide with local time as opposed to broker time?

Unfortunately not. Broker times are governed by the data stream provided by your broker. One solution is to open a demo account with a forex broker who stream prices at GMT time, there are a few around. Google it and you'll find some

I've been demoing the FPM for about a week now and have a question. Is it possible that you can have a buy trade (for instance) and the green lines are above the entry point? I notice that the USD/JPY has that as a possibility on the 4 HR. chart now. If so, you'd have to find a different stop area. Maybe below a fib point or something. Thanks,

Jerry

Green lines? Can you take a ss

Jim in the User guide says to place the safety stop above or below the green lines around the Real Price Moving Average Channel. It looks like the stop could go on the same side of the line as where price might be if you got an entry signal and the candle was still below the channel line. It just looked like it could happen and wanted to know from those who've trade this for awhile if it's possible. Thanks,

Jerry

Jim in the User guide says to place the safety stop above or below the green lines around the Real Price Moving Average Channel. It looks like the stop could go on the same side of the line as where price might be if you got an entry signal and the candle was still below the channel line. It just looked like it could happen and wanted to know from those who've trade this for awhile if it's possible. Thanks,

Jerry

I have been trading this for about 2 1/2 months and I haven't seen it yet. If it did happen I would place my SL and the S/R line above/below by buy/sell.

Unfortunately not. Broker times are governed by the data stream provided by your broker. One solution is to open a demo account with a forex broker who stream prices at GMT time, there are a few around. Google it and you'll find some

thanks, I thought that might be the case. I've managed to find a broker with a GMT stream (not as easy as I thought it would be, lots of the "UK" brokers use non GMT streams).

All is good now. :)

Ajnath,

I have used [email protected] and that is where he answered in 24 hours.

Noltisy

Well I'm not having any luck with getting a response from Jim. I haven't even recieved my MT4 coded version of the software even though I requested this last week. Has anyone here communicated with Jim ove the past few days?