Forex Profit Monster - 4H TF

sorry, I'm normally pretty relaxed. Have you ever seen the film "Falling Down"? I just had one of those moments.

the whole "thread dying" thing just pushed me over the edge. the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

it was just doing my head in, that's all :)

ok, back to FPM.

there's an interesting correlation chart over at Metaf.net which is handy for keeping an eye on correlated pairs, i'm using it at the moment to add a few more pairs to the basket. Given that broker spread isn't really as much of an issue, there are quite a few attractive pairs im going to demo alongside the staple 8

i'll try to put some sort of table together once I work out a consistent timeframe to compare them against

thread dying

Relax...thread dying??? It has been less than 12 hours before you posted that. Give us some time.

Plus, you made a statement...you didn't ask a question...and yes I am a hostile ******* :LOL:

I have great success trading FPM and am using it almost as Jim says...I sell sometimes a bit early and take profit if I see a lot of volatility.

Noltisy

Jim's last post for february makes interesting, and positive reading (I urge anyone who hasn't read his blog to do so). He is in profit, with pending positions also in profit. More to the point, he discusses option on exits and re-enforces the fast trend cross as his main choice (not S&R). Either way, hopefully it's useful for most of us :)

Jim's last post for february makes interesting, and positive reading (I urge anyone who hasn't read his blog to do so). He is in profit, with pending positions also in profit. More to the point, he discusses option on exits and re-enforces the fast trend cross as his main choice (not S&R). Either way, hopefully it's useful for most of us :)

from my following of 2 of the pairs, he would've had to take re-entries to get decent profit. a few of the trades i took which exited soon afterwards. it was the re-entry which followed which produced the nice trend and profit.

i'm reverting back to closing half my trade at SR and closing the other half on either fast trend cross over or opposing white arrow (which ever comes first). i know the argument that focusing on getting those long trends is better than taking profit at SR, but from my analysis, SR are hit more often than holding onto a trade, hoping it will end in profit. taking some money when in profit does wonders for my trading. letting a trade run, and then it turns into a loss, doesn't!

anyone else trading this system consistently out there?

from my following of 2 of the pairs, he would've had to take re-entries to get decent profit. a few of the trades i took which exited soon afterwards. it was the re-entry which followed which produced the nice trend and profit.

i'm reverting back to closing half my trade at SR and closing the other half on either fast trend cross over or opposing white arrow (which ever comes first). i know the argument that focusing on getting those long trends is better than taking profit at SR, but from my analysis, SR are hit more often than holding onto a trade, hoping it will end in profit. taking some money when in profit does wonders for my trading. letting a trade run, and then it turns into a loss, doesn't!

SR seeem to be better because they happen after the fact... that's why it looks it has pinpoint accuracy

I''m going live on Monday with FPM. I will post regular updates of my trades and how i'm finding the transition from demo to live - hopefully it should help some of the other readers avoid some of the mistakes I'm bound to make. :cheesy:

I just started the Demo this week...so far, so good. I've tried so many EA's and other systems that I learn to appreciate the value of these indicators. I'm trading 1H frame, but not going by the rules...just using the indicators & underlying concepts involved to make it work for me. I also added a TP/SL EA that makes it easy to move the lines whenever needed. :cheesy:
Dan

I have picked up good idea. If I ever have a product to sell I will start writting stories like this on BB.

I have picked up good idea. If I ever have a product to sell I will start writting stories like this on BB.

I'm just a guy trying to make a buck out of Forex....same like everyone else. I'm not selling anything and the moment something doesn't work for me I'll dump it and try something else. Read my post carefully....I'm using some of FPM indicators only...so far so good. I wanted to share some ideas with others, but since there is no interest.....good bye.

I test this indicator for an exit.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 509
  • fractal_32_his_se_2.mq4
    4 KB · Views: 310
How's everyone getting on? I've only been trading the 4H charts & I must say it's been good to me! How's everyone else findng the system? To limit losses, I always move my stop to break even or just below/above if the trade moves in my favour.

I hope everyone is doing well (at least for the most part) - I've had only the opportunity to check Jim's synopsis of the month and it was like... "Whoa!" - you need balls for this (won vs lost). Wishing everyone a good Friday and weekend... :)

How's everyone getting on? I've only been trading the 4H charts & I must say it's been good to me! How's everyone else findng the system? To limit losses, I always move my stop to break even or just below/above if the trade moves in my favour.

Jim says it's not a good think in the long term
just his opinion

I'm not right capitalized for this sistem
large drowdowns occures before the right positions cancel the bad onces

so I might move from it

bye