Forex Maestro

Hi Ronika,

In an earlier post, you stated that you bought both the maestro and advanced maestro robots, and returned them for a full refund; could you please elaborate on what the process of the refund was like- was there any hassle trying to get your money back from clickbank (and how long did you hold on to the products for)?

Me thinks I like this strategy- they are meant to be free anyways! cheers

You just contact Clickbank directly at Contact Us - ClickBank fill out the information of your purchase and I NEVER had any problem getting my countless refunds -- They are great!!!! Usually within 3 day.

I learned to avoid contacting the seller - Most of them them love to hold tight onto your money by not replying to your email requesting the refund despite the "60-day No question asked money back guarantee."

Dito

Thanx...I guess they (clickbank) know that this is a rip off as well

Not at all. Clickbank offer a 60 day money back guarantee on any product that they sell. The only time they will take an interest is if the number of refund requests is high relative to total sales of the product. The seller does get information on who has been refunded including their name.

If Clickbank really thought that the product was not of merchantable quality then they would pull it immediately as they would not risk their reputation.

Personally I think those who market genuine products are taking a big risk using Clickbank because it always attracts those who will buy and who know that they will always get a refund. If you use Clickbank to sell your own products you have to accept that many people buying from you are just thieves.

Paul

hi all,

Cant believe I just read 36 pages...at least I am up to spead with some of your progress with the EA.

To be honest I am quite new to forex trading. My TA skills have been mostly focused on equities over the past year and in the last month I moved into forex, simply scalping.
At the moment I am using oanda for my trades as I enjoy the interface and the spread seems to be pretty good.

I am now intrigued by using a forex robot or Expert Advisor (same thing?). However I am unsure how to go about installing one. Could someone please direct me on how to go about it...(I may aswell try the newest version of firebird since its free to get me started) and then I can post any tweaks I make. Aparently I need to use Metatrader 4....so I downloaded AvaTrader from the Alpari UK site...(annoying that its only USD and EUR). Any help would be much appreciated.

Also can someone please tell me what a Pipstep is.

Thanks,

Caerus

hi all,

Cant believe I just read 36 pages...at least I am up to spead with some of your progress with the EA.

To be honest I am quite new to forex trading. My TA skills have been mostly focused on equities over the past year and in the last month I moved into forex, simply scalping.
At the moment I am using oanda for my trades as I enjoy the interface and the spread seems to be pretty good.

I am now intrigued by using a forex robot or Expert Advisor (same thing?). However I am unsure how to go about installing one. Could someone please direct me on how to go about it...(I may aswell try the newest version of firebird since its free to get me started) and then I can post any tweaks I make. Aparently I need to use Metatrader 4....so I downloaded AvaTrader from the Alpari UK site...(annoying that its only USD and EUR). Any help would be much appreciated.

Also can someone please tell me what a Pipstep is.

Thanks,

Caerus

Download metatrada demo account from Alpari or FXPro (there are loads to choose from). Download the ex4 file and put this in the 'Experts' folder of the MT4 folder in Program Files.

Startup Metatrader and load a 5M chart e.g. EURUSD then add the Expert Advisor to the chart. For the properties (press F7) of the EA make sure 'Allow live trading' is enabled and change the variables under the input tab. The variables I am using are under an earlier post from me (but with thanks to Ronika and Iceman1).

As far as I understand a pipstep, it is the amount of pips the market has to go against your trade before the EA opens another one in the same direction. But I may be wrong... Ronika may be able to give a better explanation....?

After you played with it check out Ronika's post about 'driving the EA' which essentially has you identify a daily trend and telling the EA to only go long or go short depending on what the trend is.

Good luck...

Not at all. Clickbank offer a 60 day money back guarantee on any product that they sell. The only time they will take an interest is if the number of refund requests is high relative to total sales of the product. The seller does get information on who has been refunded including their name.

If Clickbank really thought that the product was not of merchantable quality then they would pull it immediately as they would not risk their reputation.

Personally I think those who market genuine products are taking a big risk using Clickbank because it always attracts those who will buy and who know that they will always get a refund. If you use Clickbank to sell your own products you have to accept that many people buying from you are just thieves.

Paul

"just thieves" - In this world of dwindling moral character that is certainly the case. But I still believe that the majority of those asking for refunds do so because the product has proven to be not as expected (too much hypes in sales letters but when put to test they fail the expectation big time!). When I get a refund, I stop using it (unless the ones for free) and eventually delete the program from my hard drive. Therefore not all are thieves.

Dito

Fair points and I was only referring to the fact that some buyers will do this by intention before buying and not those who wish to be refunded as a dissatisfied customer.

Paul

thanks

Download metatrada demo account from Alpari or FXPro (there are loads to choose from). Download the ex4 file and put this in the 'Experts' folder of the MT4 folder in Program Files.

Startup Metatrader and load a 5M chart e.g. EURUSD then add the Expert Advisor to the chart. For the properties (press F7) of the EA make sure 'Allow live trading' is enabled and change the variables under the input tab. The variables I am using are under an earlier post from me (but with thanks to Ronika and Iceman1).

As far as I understand a pipstep, it is the amount of pips the market has to go against your trade before the EA opens another one in the same direction. But I may be wrong... Ronika may be able to give a better explanation....?

After you played with it check out Ronika's post about 'driving the EA' which essentially has you identify a daily trend and telling the EA to only go long or go short depending on what the trend is.

Good luck...

Thanks for the directions...the variables I changed in MetaEditor. Was that the right thing to do?

So the idea of a pipstep is like dollar cost averaging...as it rebuys/resells if it made the wrong decision. Can be a bit dangerous if a trend changes for fundamental reasons...

I have followed your set up. Please enlighten me why your trading 7 currency pairs. Is it there to hedge?

On this website Firebird EA - Page 14 - Forex Trading which i am not a member, one of the post claims the author of firebird is instructing not to use it as it does not work.

Also they mention an envelope EA which protects against losses that some people are experiencing. Anyone have it or know what its about.

Thanks again to everyone.

Caerus

Thanks for the directions...the variables I changed in MetaEditor. Was that the right thing to do?

No, MetaEditor is the tool used to write MQ4 programmes to create the ex4 files. To be on the safe side I'd get rid of the ex4 you now have and copy back the original. Then restart metatrader.

After you've created your 5M chart add the EA and then press f7 or right click the chart and choose Expert Advisors - Properties. You'll have two tabs: Common and Inputs. Common is where you choose to 'Allow live trading' Inputs is where you change the variables.

So the idea of a pipstep is like dollar cost averaging...as it rebuys/resells if it made the wrong decision. Can be a bit dangerous if a trend changes for fundamental reasons...

If the EA decides that the market is a buy it buys, if the position goes against you it waits for the Pipstep amount and then (if it thinks the market is still a buy) it will buy again.

Of course automatic trading can be dangerous. It's a robot acting on technical movements, it is not aware of breaking news or speeches which can dramatically effect the movement of the pair you are trading. The stop is typically 6 times the amount of the limit so if you win 6 times and loose once you will break even.

It is down to you to manually stop the EA and close any open positions if there is a big news story that goes against your positions, otherewise your stop will be hit and you'll loose big time!

I have followed your set up. Please enlighten me why your trading 7 currency pairs. Is it there to hedge?

I trade the following pairs with Maestro: EURUSD, EURJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD, AUSUSD, EURGBP and GBPUSD because for the information found on this thread these are the best performing pairs for Maestro. This of course may change...

On this website Firebird EA - Page 14 - Forex Trading which i am not a member, one of the post claims the author of firebird is instructing not to use it as it does not work.

I am a member of that forum, there are many versions of Firebird and as it is open source many people add bits to it and change bits. Which version are being warned not to use?

Also they mention an envelope EA which protects against losses that some people are experiencing. Anyone have it or know what its about.

I haven't seen that but I will take a look.

Hi Stu0898,

Would you mind sharing your settings for Maestro and the FAPTURBO?
I'd really appreciate your generosity!

Thanks,

Dito

Settings for Maestro are posted by me earlier in this thread. FAPTurbo settings are as follows:-

Trading on Alpari UK (Watch the GMT Offset setting) only EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPCHF, USDCAD all on 15M charts

____Scalper___________=--- Scalper EURCHF, EURGPB, GBPCHF or USDCAD M15 ---
UseScalperStrategy=1
Scalper_Lots=0.10000000
Scalper_UseMM=1
Scalper_LotsRiskReductor=5.00000000
Scalper_MaxLots=10.00000000
Scalper_GMTOffset=1
Scalper_StartWorkTimeHour=21
Scalper_EndWorkTimeHour=1
Scalper_EURGBP_TakeProfit=6
Scalper_EURGBP_StopLoss=112
Scalper_EURCHF_TakeProfit=5
Scalper_EURCHF_StopLoss=53
Scalper_GBPCHF_TakeProfit=10
Scalper_GBPCHF_StopLoss=75
Scalper_USDCAD_TakeProfit=10
Scalper_USDCAD_StopLoss=58
Scalper_StealthMode=1
Scalper_ProfitLimit=0.00000000
Scalper_LossLimit=0.00000000
Scalper_UseCustomLevels=1
Scalper_RelaxHours=0
Scalper_SimpleHeightFilter=1
Scalper_TrendFilter=1
Scalper_TradeFriday=0
Scalper_OneTrade=0
Scalper_OneOpenTrade=0
Scalper_UseFilterMA=0
Scalper_PeriodFilterMA=100
Scalper_PriceFilterMA=0
Scalper_MethodFilterMA=0
Scalper_MaxSpread=5.00000000
Scalper_Slippage=6
Scalper_ExpertComment=FapTurboScalper
Scalper_MagicNumber=12464336

Settings for Maestro are posted by me earlier in this thread. FAPTurbo settings are as follows:-

Trading on Alpari UK (Watch the GMT Offset setting) only EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPCHF, USDCAD all on 15M charts

____Scalper___________=--- Scalper EURCHF, EURGPB, GBPCHF or USDCAD M15 ---
UseScalperStrategy=1
Scalper_Lots=0.10000000
Scalper_UseMM=1
Scalper_LotsRiskReductor=5.00000000
Scalper_MaxLots=10.00000000
Scalper_GMTOffset=1
Scalper_StartWorkTimeHour=21
Scalper_EndWorkTimeHour=1
Scalper_EURGBP_TakeProfit=6
Scalper_EURGBP_StopLoss=112
Scalper_EURCHF_TakeProfit=5
Scalper_EURCHF_StopLoss=53
Scalper_GBPCHF_TakeProfit=10
Scalper_GBPCHF_StopLoss=75
Scalper_USDCAD_TakeProfit=10
Scalper_USDCAD_StopLoss=58
Scalper_StealthMode=1
Scalper_ProfitLimit=0.00000000
Scalper_LossLimit=0.00000000
Scalper_UseCustomLevels=1
Scalper_RelaxHours=0
Scalper_SimpleHeightFilter=1
Scalper_TrendFilter=1
Scalper_TradeFriday=0
Scalper_OneTrade=0
Scalper_OneOpenTrade=0
Scalper_UseFilterMA=0
Scalper_PeriodFilterMA=100
Scalper_PriceFilterMA=0
Scalper_MethodFilterMA=0
Scalper_MaxSpread=5.00000000
Scalper_Slippage=6
Scalper_ExpertComment=FapTurboScalper
Scalper_MagicNumber=12464336

Thank you so very much!

Now I will search for the Maestro settings

THANK YOU!

Hi Stu0898,

Would you mind sharing your settings for Maestro and the FAPTURBO?
I'd really appreciate your generosity!

Thanks,

Dito

Why not just use the default settings? It's not only will make your life much easier, but the strategy's creators should be the ones to tell what are the best settings, as they (supposadly) thoroughly backtested the strategy.

Maestro & Fapturbo settings

I recommend always optimize . . . the months from August 08 2008 till now are the reak "ACID TEST" for conservative settings. For more aggressive settings (more current) use January 01 2009 till now.

sa1hawk

Why not just use the default settings? It's not only will make your life much easier, but the strategy's creators should be the ones to tell what are the best settings, as they (supposadly) thoroughly backtested the strategy.

I've been seaching for better settings (optmized ones) because, you see, while they say that your account will double in 30 days, such never happened with my account though I got it at the very launching time and some loses it takes are just a pain to my mini account. There must be something they are not telling us....

I've used FAP Turbo since it came out and the default settings are not the optimum ones. Just read the forum and you'll see all the variations people are trying.

If you want to know how they're making so much on the accounts they show on the hype page, just look at the lot sizes of each trade. If they were using the MM there would be more consistency with the lot sizes, but there isn't.

There should be a gradual increase in the lot sizes as the account grows, but instead, you'll see that sometimes there are big lot trades and sometimes smaller - very random. Obviously they are watching the charts during trading and deciding when it's safer/better to risk more.

Otherwise, there's no way you're going to double your account in 30 days with trades that get 3-7 pips per trade with low risk for a few hours per day. You have to set your risk levels pretty high, ie: dangerous, to make that goal. And you will get stopped out each week for sure for big losses, which will set you back big time.

Last edited:
I've used FAP Turbo since it came out and the default settings are not the optimum ones. Just read the forum and you'll see all the variations people are trying.

If you want to know how they're making so much on the accounts they show on the hype page, just look at the lot sizes of each trade. If they were using the MM there would be more consistency with the lot sizes, but there isn't.

There should be a gradual increase in the lot sizes as the account grows, but instead, you'll see that sometimes there are big lot trades and sometimes smaller - very random. Obviously they are watching the charts during trading and deciding when it's safer/better to risk more.

Otherwise, there's no way you're going to double your account in 30 days with trades that get 3-7 pips per trade with low risk for a few hours per day. You have to set your risk levels pretty high, ie: dangerous, to make that goal. And you will get stopped out each week for sure for big losses, which will set you back big time.

Ronika,

Thank you for your obsevation as to what FAPTURBO team does. Yet they tell us "Your Account will double in 30 days!..." Very deceptive isn't? Why people love to employ such deceptive tactics, hypes and sometimes outright lies and call it "good" business? With people like that it looks like sooner than later we will all need yet an even BIGGER bailout and call it Stimulus package.

There must be a way!