Forex Maestro

Hi Ronika

Because it had not made a trade overnight' this morning I uninstalled and reistalled it and it says megadriod has been disabled because a refund has been made ! I will check with clickbank, but have had no email to say I have been refunded and I have not asked for a refund ! Strange, see if the same happens for you, maybe they have a clitch.

Regards

Iceman1

Hi Ronika,

Just email the support with that issue and see what they say. They seem to have a great support in place and they reply in a very short period of time (in hours!).

Please share your experience with us.

thanks

How to check the MT4 Build?

Hi,

Can anyone just tell me what MT4 build or version of the platform I am using.
FXDD BT4 (Windows XP) does not provide automatic updates when you start platform. In this case how to check it and know what build - e.g. build 223 or something else?

Thanks

Dito...

I copied this from the MT4 Help file. Theoretically, you should have the latest version. But go under the Help menu and select, "About", to find which version you have.

Live Update

A live update system (LiveUpdate) is built into the terminal. It allows to get informed about and install new versions of the program promptly. This system is always enabled, it is impossible to disable it.

The terminal checks for new versions of the program when it connects to the server. If a new version has been discovered, a new window named "Live Update" will appear, the client will be offered to download the update(s). To start downloading these updated files, the "Start" button must be pressed. The updating process and the list of files to be downloaded can be observed in this window. After the updates have been downloaded, the new version of the terminal will be automatically installed and restarted.

Last edited:
Hi Ronika

My megadriod has not made one trade yet ! How about yours Ronika, has now been live over 24hrs and not one trade.
I will email support and see what they say.

Regards

Iceman1

Dito...

I copied this from the MT4 Help file. Theoretically, you should have the latest version. But go under the Help menu and select, "About", to find which version you have.

Live Update

A live update system (LiveUpdate) is built into the terminal. It allows to get informed about and install new versions of the program promptly. This system is always enabled, it is impossible to disable it.

The terminal checks for new versions of the program when it connects to the server. If a new version has been discovered, a new window named "Live Update" will appear, the client will be offered to download the update(s). To start downloading these updated files, the "Start" button must be pressed. The updating process and the list of files to be downloaded can be observed in this window. After the updates have been downloaded, the new version of the terminal will be automatically installed and restarted.

Ronika,

Thank you for showing me how to check the current version. But as to automatic updates FXDD MT4 on Windows XP does not work. The alternative is found in the following e-mail from them:

-----Original Message-----
Date: 04/01/2009 03:07 PM
To: dito042...
Subject: Fwd: RE: Need a Newer Version of MT4

Dear FXDD Customer,

If you are using a PC running Windows Vista, you can go to the following link and follow the steps stated.

Turn User Account Control on or off - Windows Vista Help

Once this is done, you can log in again to your MT4 platform and you should be prompted to update to the latest build.

If you are not working in Windows Vista, our best suggestion would be to uninstall the version of MT4 you currently have and install the latest from the following link:

http://www.fxdd.com/en/download.html?no_cache=1&download=mt4setup.exe&did=1

If you continue to have problems with this, please feel free to call in to us here at 212-791-3950 anytime and our tech support staff would be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Alex Simakhov

FXDD Sales and Support Team

75 Park Place, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10007

Tel: 212.791.3950

Fax: 212.937.3845

[email protected]

Forex Trading | Currency Trading | Metatrader 4 | Forex Trading Software | Forex Broker | FXDD

Hi Ronika

My megadriod has not made one trade yet ! How about yours Ronika, has now been live over 24hrs and not one trade.
I will email support and see what they say.

Regards

Iceman1

MegaDroid opened one trade and just closed it with a whopping $378.00 profit!

I truly hope this robot will be the one I've been looking for!

dito

dito...

That's screwed re no Live Update!!! Installing a fresh version means we'll lose all our settings, etc, unless we copy that stuff over to the new folder, but which stuff besides the EAs and templates, etc?

Can anyone help me out with GMT Offset?

Should it be offset to GMT which is currently 22:38 or BST which is GMT + 1 (currently 23:38)

Thanks. JT

dito...

That's screwed re no Live Update!!! Installing a fresh version means we'll lose all our settings, etc, unless we copy that stuff over to the new folder, but which stuff besides the EAs and templates, etc?

I insisted with them and wrote to them:

"Hi,

The link for non Vista systems only upgrade to Build 221. Is there another link for Build 222 or even Build 223?

I need to upgrade for my live account.

Thanks"

Their answer:

Date: 04/01/2009 06:01 PM
Subject: RE: Need a Newer Version of MT4
To: dito042....

Dear FXDD Customer,

Build 221 is the latest that we offer at the moment.

Kind Regards,

Alex Simakhov

FXDD Sales and Support Team

75 Park Place, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10007

Tel: 212.791.3950

Fax: 212.937.3845

[email protected]

Forex Trading | Currency Trading | Metatrader 4 | Forex Trading Software | Forex Broker | FXDD

My Fxcbs MT4 just updated to Build 223 via Live Update, so I copied that version of Live Update to the other MT4 folders and relaunched them, but no updates. :(

I eMailed MetaQuotes for support on how to do this. :sleep:

My Fxcbs MT4 just updated to Build 223 via Live Update, so I copied that version of Live Update to the other MT4 folders and relaunched them, but no updates. :(

I eMailed MetaQuotes for support on how to do this. :sleep:

Please let us know; I'd love to do that for FXDD. They are acting like an old lagging indicator

Hi Ronika

My Megatriod has still not made one trade and yet Dito042 says his has, I just followed his link and it was to start a new thread, did you know how pips that $378.00 win was, I contacted support and they replied as follows:-

-Trade frequency
Some people seem to feel that a robot should be trading frantically
from the moment it is attached to a chart!

While that might provide an element of excitement, it is not the way
to succeed in trading - the people who look upon trading that way
would be more sensible taking their money to Las Vegas and getting
some enjoyment out of throwing it away.

MegaDroid is very carefully designed to enter trades with an extra-
ordinary degree of accuracy so if it doesn't trade for a day or two,
there is a very good reason for it and nothing is wrong.

Although a trade opened this evening, it was totally unexpected
since the market is in that "quiet phase" that occurs each month
just before the Non-Farm Payroll news release.

Well, that is all for today - we hope the few points are helpful and
we will be back in touch shortly with more updates.

So how does dito042 and there's open a trade and ours does'nt ? any ideas.

Dito042 what version of MT4 are you using?

Regards

Iceman1

My MegaDroid installs all show "Waiting" on the left legend. For a while yesterday, they said, "Running", but no trades have been taken yet.

I also got that eMail from MegaDroid Support that you posted.

Hi Ronika

My Megatriod has still not made one trade and yet Dito042 says his has, I just followed his link and it was to start a new thread, did you know how pips that $378.00 win was, I contacted support and they replied as follows:-

-Trade frequency
Some people seem to feel that a robot should be trading frantically
from the moment it is attached to a chart!

While that might provide an element of excitement, it is not the way
to succeed in trading - the people who look upon trading that way
would be more sensible taking their money to Las Vegas and getting
some enjoyment out of throwing it away.

MegaDroid is very carefully designed to enter trades with an extra-
ordinary degree of accuracy so if it doesn't trade for a day or two,
there is a very good reason for it and nothing is wrong.

Although a trade opened this evening, it was totally unexpected
since the market is in that "quiet phase" that occurs each month
just before the Non-Farm Payroll news release.

Well, that is all for today - we hope the few points are helpful and
we will be back in touch shortly with more updates.

So how does dito042 and there's open a trade and ours does'nt ? any ideas.

Dito042 what version of MT4 are you using?

Regards

Iceman1

Hi Iceman1,

My Megadroid trades are found here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-discussion/57428-forex-megadroid-4.html

Thanks,

dito

I don't know anything about Megadroid but I just got Forex Maestro today and so far it's made about 15 trades, only 1 of which was a loser (about $21). The rest were all profitable but I didn't let the profits run, I closed the trades manually after a few bucks of profit. I guess I'm still not used to trading with a system and was afraid I'd lose the profits. I currently have one trade open and I'll try and let the profits run.

Jammix...

FYI... Maestro is a rip off of a free EA called Firebird. Get a refund ASAP and then check out this thread for details on Firebird versions and some promising trading strategies with it...

Need The Forex Maestro Feedback - ForexForums.org

Hi Ronika,

I really would love to nail down the promising trading strategies for firebird EAs as well as the specific versions for such strategies. Any helpful insight, please?

dito