Forex Day Trader's Thread

IMO there is some resistance around 1.4950 on the weekly, but the overal trend is still strong, so have to be careful to go short. Also it looks like it has finished its current wave. Maybe wrong though.

just woke up... i think i might try another short in the 1.496 level... i typically trade this pair off thirty minute charts and once i have an idea about what i want to do bollinger bands can actually come in handy as far as determining where u would like to initiate your position... theyve been helping me anyway.

I use H4 as my directional chart with M30 is the one to watch for action and M15 or M5 for entry

I usually check the daily just to see what's going on. Check the H1 but I always really watch the M15 to see what's going on and for entries. If market's especially slow and I feel like messing about i'll switch to M1/M5 for some scalps.

Still short cable - let's hope my coin's right, I could have nicked 34 pips earlier.

Can we revive this thread pippy? :)

The FOMC minutes were a disappointment for the USD yesterday - and Obama's stimulus package is unraveling as the US goverment may continue buying MBS securities in an effort to stave off the crumbling of an empire. But hey, at least he's $1M dollars richer after winning the Nobel. Maybe Obama will make an anonymous donation to Fox news.

The Euro rally toward 1.50 versus the Dollar continued as Industrial Production gained for the 4th consecutive month. Industrial Production came out at 0.9% as expected. EUR/USD traded with a low of 1.4838 and with a high of 1.4946. Today, ECB Monthly Bulletin will be released and will provide detailed analysis of current and future economic conditions. European Core CPI is expected slightly weaker with 1.2% versus 1.3% prior.

Resistance
Support

We get a lot of bots and c0ck-end around here. You seemed like one until you actually responded.:)

those gaps in the equity futures will be filled and there around the 50% retracement, gona be major major resistance, untill then not going heavy short

since the start of the month its been straight up for the euro.......and this thread has never been more popular. There's irony there somewhere. I'm buying Jan calls for posts on Pippy thread. More deflationary numbers out these last few days. Deflation is a m*****f****r and will def take out commodities. Sharp n swift witha dollar rise. Not yet though.I'm in stealth mode.