Follow my trades

Mug - just one suggestion in the spirit of being helpful etc.

You're using the name Mug2k on your website same as here - do you think this might have negative connotations to some prospective customers who don't know you?!

I mean, we all know your quality posts here and suspect you're not a mug..........

Why not stick to Stockmarketking throughout to keep things positive and to the point, with no traces of negativity....

I'm sure an email to Sharky could get your moniker changed to something more appropriate........

Regards

(or has anyone got any other appropriate suggestions for Mug's new name?!?!)

Hi Mug2k

I think an answer to this question is called for

Mug2k,
As someone sitting on the fence prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, can you please give a sensible response to gaza above. Your back testing data on the DAX shows you short on16th reversing to long and closing out the trade on 23rd Dec
Are you making this up as you go along? If not, give us an explanation for the error.
regards,
I would seriously look at what Blairlogie has said. The last thing you want is the FSA breathing down your neck :rolleyes:

According to the running trades you are long the dax at 3893 on the 16 dec. You forgot to change the date because the back tests show that you were short on 16 dec and reversed on the 23rd so now you are long the dax future at 3893 [thats what it says on your website]........................one small problem tho'...........the low on the dax future on the 23rd was 3910.5................how did you manage to buy at 3893 ?
This that Qaza pointed out raises some alarm bells. With the strategy, (at first sight) it looks like the back-testing system could have holes in it :eek:
As a side thought, remember when backtesting to add in slippage, spread :(

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but i feel that me reporting any harrasing posts will do me no good, as Skimbleshanks a moderator herself was slagging me off 4 ages. I reported her and nothing happened. But i suppose she has got the right to control what goes on in here.
I've looked back over the posts you have made, and I can't find one where Skim has done anything wrong. If anything she has helped you find holes in your system that will need to be corrected BEFORE going live. Also, it is Skim who put up the argument for you to continue posting on T2W - if it was soley my choice you would have been banned by now.

One final thing I would say is that I personally believe you would have made more money in the long run by allowing everyone on this site to see the strategy. There is an absolute wealth of knowledge that can be gain by asking questions from people here (one person in particular has been trading and testing systems for many years now - and can correct / amend a strategy to make it more profitable), but this is just my opinion.

Dispite believing that your approach is wrong towards this venture, I do hope it goes well for you. :)

Hi Grubs50

At the end of the day Mug2K is advertising a paid service which goes against the "rules" of T2W and I don't believe Mug2k is bringing anything to the site - but this is just my personal opinion

Hi Mug2k. You were short from 10323. Is Your site is now saying to add another short at 10448? If so, why did you say to reverse dow in your last post? Maybe i've misunderstood.....happens quite alot in fact. cheers mate

red

FTSEBEATER, so what about ppl like Mr Charts and Naz? what is d difference between mug2k and them? does he need to be officially sanctioned to enjoy the same status......................and he hasn't started charging any fees yet to d best of my knowledge so it would make things clear if u could clarify the whole situation.

He sure is generating alot of attention 4 someone not 'contributing' anything to this site judging by the length of this thread...........lol

Its not going to go away is it? It returns time and time again.
This issue needs to be dealt with fairly and with even hands.
Clear rules would help and they should be applied to all. There should be no hint of collusion on the part of the site. Justice should be done and be seen to be done (and consistently).

if it was soley my choice you would have been banned by now.

At the end of the day Mug2K is advertising a paid service which goes against the "rules" of T2W

FTSEBEATER, so what about ppl like Mr Charts and Naz? what is d difference between mug2k and them?

The expression 'can of worms' comes to mind.....

Who holds the rulebook...........and is it noted as a 'bannable' offence.........?

Regards

The guidelines for assigning points is as follows:

Multiple Posting - Posting the same message in more than one forum (1)
Spamming - Posting of meaningless messages (2)
Swearing Abuse - Using foul language in a post (3)
Flamming - Posting of messages intended to incite an argument (3)
Ramping - The ramping of shares (4)
Unsolicited Advertising - Posting commercial advertising (4)
Disrespect towards other Members - Displaying a lack of respect for other members (4)
Multiple Registering - When a member registers under multiple usernames with the intention to deceive (5)
Disrespect towards Moderators - Display lack of respect towards forum moderators (5)
Racist/Sexist/Prejudice Remarks - Remarks likely to cause offence to a particular group of people (5)

Advertising only rates 4 points - not a ban

These are the rules - the question is are they being followed?

"Your conduct on our Site

6.3 You must not use the Service or the bulletin boards for any of the following:

for fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
to send, publish, use or reuse any material which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, indecent, obscene, threatening or illegal or in breach of copyright, trade mark, confidence, privacy or any other rights;
to transmit any chain letters, spam letters, or junk email to other users, or participate in mischievous or malicious behaviour which causes or may cause damage to Trade2Win or this Site; or
to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.

6.4 You may use the Service only for your own use, and you shall not use the Site to advertise or sell any products or services."

That's good coming from you Rognvald.

What about your recent racist comments which were removed from this BB.

BTW

I see that you did not get a warning for your racist remarks.

dbt

grubs50 said:
FTSEBEATER, so what about ppl like Mr Charts and Naz? what is d difference between mug2k and them?

grub

surely the diff is obvious. Mr C and Naz are an asset to this board.
mug is a liability....................its really that simple.

BUSTED Rognvald, rascism is not needed whatsoever.

Mug2k

redart, ive decided to only update the back-test at the end of each month, the latest trades are always the ones i post up!

There was a long 2day on the Dow, quite rare a 1 day trade but it was a goodun! Anyway i havnt yet updated the back-test so i can see how you got confused

Why would anyone trust anyone using the name mug?

By the way darren winters gives false birthdates too

By the way, why so proud over the number of votes u got? They mostly negative!

So QAZA, who determines who is an asset to this board? If mug2k can provoke such a reaction on this board.........isn't that a good thing? i have always thot anybody that is capable of provoking a reaction (+ve or -ve) on a BB is an asset........maybe i'm wrong. Even a lot of the ppl knocking mug2k cannot seem to stay away from this thread (or his website even!)................We should all recognise the fact that we r all always learning whether u r a newbie or experienced trader and it is a bit arrogant to be dismissive of someone cos of his age or percieved inexperience..........the only way u can help is by offering advice not abuse or ridicule.
FTSEBEATER, i am still awaiting clarification from u as per why u think mug2k is different from Naz or Mr.charts!

grubs50 said:

FTSEBEATER, i am still awaiting clarification from u as per why u think mug2k is different from Naz or Mr.charts!

Hi Grubs50

Please check you private messages