Fat Prophets

Interesting....I'm not aware there is a "John Bennet" with Fat Prophets in Sydney - there is certainly no one of the name in London. How strange. It is also curious Mr Bennet is not using his fat prophets email...

Anyhow, to the best of my knowledge, they do not sell client details but in my experience, I would not trust anything they say!

Last edited:
Interesting....I'm not aware there is a "John Bennet" with Fat Prophets in Sydney - there is certainly no one of the name in London. Anyhow, to the best of my knowledge, the do not sell client details but in my experience, I would not trust anything they say.

I doubt that JB is from FP as he has a gmail address. Why wouldn't he use his work address?

I doubt that JB is from FP as he has a gmail address. Why wouldn't he use his work address?

No. I suspect he is from Fat Prophets, but does not have the guts to disclose his real name - it might even the self-styled guru himself: Angus Geddes!

Last edited:
No. I suspect he is from Fat Prophets, but does not have the guts to disclose his real name - it could even be one of the self-styled gurus Angus Geddes or Greg Smith!

Mad Brad - have you been offered some client lists? I am confused what's going on here, what your received PM refers to!

Mad Brad - have you been offered some client lists? I am confused what's going on here, what your received PM refers to!

I think he has his wires crossed. I accused Fat Prophets of selling their clients details – mine included.

When I (foolishly) bought a subscription to Fat Prophets a while back I almost immediately started receiving phone calls from other share/investment companies asking for me by name. It hadn’t happened before I signed up but the same week I gave Fat P my details I was swamped with calls. Obviously someone had sold my details. Whether it was done as normal Fat Prophets procedure or one of the staff making some cash on the side I can't say.

"Fatprophets" Junior Member (never gave me his name) contacted me via PM and I gave him the names of the people I’d dealt with at Fat P and when. I’ve never heard anything back from him. I've heard enough now to think that it is/was normal policy for Fat Prophets to sell client lists.

Now 'John Bennet' has come lurking around our forum trying to source the rot. He's looking in the wrong place. He needs to look closer to home. Psst, it starts at the head John.

Last edited:
I think he has his wires crossed. I accused Fat Prophets of selling their clients details – mine included.

When I (foolishly) bought a subscription to Fat Prophets a while back I almost immediately started receiving phone calls from other share/investment companies asking for me by name. It hadn’t happened before I signed up but the same week I gave Fat P my details I was swamped with calls. Obviously someone had sold my details. Whether it was done as normal Fat Prophets procedure or one of the staff making some cash on the side I can't say.

"Fatprophets" Junior Member (never gave me his name) contacted me via PM and I gave him the names of the people I’d dealt with at Fat P and when. I’ve never heard anything back from him. I've heard enough now to think that it is/was normal policy for Fat Prophets to sell client lists.

Now 'John Bennet' has come lurking around our forum trying to source the rot. He's looking in the wrong place. He needs to look closer to home. Psst, it starts at the head John.

You really should not have edited your post - the view originally expressed was 100% accurate.

You really should not have edited your post - the view originally expressed was 100% accurate.

Yeah, heh heh. I was trying to only post about the dodgy service I experienced from Fat Prophets rather than my opinions about the owner.

Oh, I can’t resist just one dig – Did you know that even his own staff say his ego writes cheques that his brain just can’t cash? Even his own employees! That says it all for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, heh heh. I was trying to only post about the dodgy service I experienced from Fat Prophets rather than my opinions about the owner.

Oh, I can’t resist just one dig – Did you know that even his own staff say his ego writes cheques that his brain just can’t cash? Even his own employees! That says it all for me.

Haha...and you should hear what his former staff say! :lol

Maybe if Nemesis60 and some of you other people had the guts you would disclose your own names, cowards!

Sounds like someone hiding in the shadows trying to cause trouble.
If they had guts and some real facts, why would you hide behind a fake name coward! Nemesis60.
Maybe you are just angry with your life!

If they had guts and some real facts, why would you hide behind a fake name coward! Nemesis60.

Rather like you eh "John Bennett": no one of that name works for Fat Prophets....and should you really be Angus Geddes, it is a bit rich that you accuse others of lacking guts!

Last edited:
Nemesis60 is obviously a failure in some regard.
I find the FP service very good, better the a lot of other research providers.
All these bad comments must be coming from someone who has lost touch with reality and is only trying to hide behind something, most likely that the are a failure.
Lets talk markets, stocks, the economy and making money. Why all the negativity.
Come on who has something good to say? What about the RIO result?

Sounds like diversionary tactics from you Bennett.