Euribor Futures

robertola

I have been trading Euribor futures for about a month live now....I was fine to start with and had my size upped...now i am finding it very hard..

I am losing the majority of trades and cant understand what is going on..I have only moved from 2 to 4 lots!

I am working with 1/2 tick stops..and find myself getting stopped out all the time. My bosses say i should look for more edge..

any experienced people with some advice for me?

are you trading spreads or outrights? if you are in for half a tick do you buy on the bid and only sell on the offer?, if you seem to be getting stopped out why not try to get out flat when you see the size thin out, or set your stop loss such that if is is half a tick and someone decides to high/low tick it you hold on and just wait until there are only say 300 lots on the bid/offer
i trade euribor and other stir futures mainly on momentum

jimmy1 said:
are you trading spreads or outrights? if you are in for half a tick do you buy on the bid and only sell on the offer?, if you seem to be getting stopped out why not try to get out flat when you see the size thin out, or set your stop loss such that if is is half a tick and someone decides to high/low tick it you hold on and just wait until there are only say 300 lots on the bid/offer
i trade euribor and other stir futures mainly on momentum
where are you trading euribor jimmy?....i qam doin better now tend to trade with momentum now...lifting and hitting prices on moves in bund bobl and shatz. apparantly times are hard at the moment because there isnt much flow to the bull trend in the bond market..due to yeilds bein very low and contract highs..maybe its a case of seeng it through the bad times without getting hurt then when it gets good making the most of it.

I work on a prop desk in a german bank, manily trade euribor spreads and outrights along with eurodollar and sht sterling, bund bobl and shatz... you must have balls of steal.... whats your stop on these 1 tick?

jimmy1 said:
I work on a prop desk in a german bank, manily trade euribor spreads and outrights along with eurodollar and sht sterling, bund bobl and shatz... you must have balls of steal.... whats your stop on these 1 tick?
to be honest with ya jim, most of us locals dealing on the 2-10 year german bonds are working 3/4tick stops on bund and proportionately less for the nearer end stuff..and running winners 6-10 ticks dependin on flow..sometimes just cutting trades near to probable stops due to massive spikes.

i have been day trading a lot of euribor recently mainly sep dec march 06..ie taking an outright position if it goes onside running it...and if it looks like its sticky and quite static..i may spread it off..against another month..depending on direction..for hedge and risk purposes!

is it deutsche dresdner?...i have been thinking recently...that i would like to look at med-longer term trading for a bank or fund manager...cos as a local day trader u can be correct with youre thoughts but big players instigate what goes on and unless ure level of entry is perfect u find urself gettin squeezed out of deals in fear of price action against you....when only 10 minutes later its well onside had u of held ure position through the squeeze..

I realise its been along time since your last post but are you still trading the short end????

1/2 tick stops seems very short since in sudden moves u may lose a minimum of 1 tick and if u only end up taking 1/2 tick winners, then you're screwed. increase your stops.

1/2 tick stops seems very short since in sudden moves u may lose a minimum of 1 tick and if u only end up taking 1/2 tick winners, then you're screwed. increase your stops.

vaid point, you just have to wear more pain until the volume returns.......

hello!! I am new and I would like to trade euribor calendar spread. which broker is best as I have 10000 pounds to start with. I would look for low commisions specially if I want to earn money on calendar spread. many thanks for your advice.