Euribor Flys

saintopm

Well after the pain just suffered in the Mar7jun7Sep7 euribor fly, I could really do with some help in picking the next one. Was thinking about long 2s in the Jun7sep7dec7 fly or maybe trying to get the condor on with 2s in jun7sep7dec7 and 2s in the sep7dec7mar8??? Anyone got any thoughts????

What reason?
And when were you short the mar7 fly? (assuming u were short coz mar7 fly has gone up recently)

traderthe said:
What reason?
And when were you short the mar7 fly? (assuming u were short coz mar7 fly has gone up recently)

The reason for the Sep7dec7mar8 is that short 2 seems to be a good level. Last week i was going long at pars in the sep7dec7mar8 and dec7mar8jun8 so for a short term trade putting on the long 2s could be profitable.. What are your thoughts??

As for the mar7jun7sep7 fly, first of all went short at 4.5 which was completely stupid held it thinking I might be able to get a bit back from it, but then saw it up to 6s and stopped myself out. :eek: Manged to get a little bit out of yesterday going short 7.5s and taking 7s and small 6.5s

The uptrend in sep7 fly doesnt seem over yet.. at least thats what i think.. but i dont know how much more up it can go.. I fat-fingered in sep7dec7 on friday, so made it short sep7fly at 0s.. :(.. Took loss at 1s..

On thursday there seemed to be a big seller in jun7/sep7.. so I went long mar7 fly at 5 and came out at 6 later in the day :)

I dont trade much flies though.. mainly spreads.. but I think flies seem to go up when expiry comes close..(noticed it with sep6,dec6,mar7).. Anyone knows why?

I trade flys in swiss sterling and bour, play around abit in the gasoil and coco. What views have you got at the moment for euribor??