Eur/usd

Peter, it looks to me that you want to change the $ trend.

anyway, wish you a better luck tomorrow.

I hope it does because i just gone long USDCAD @1,2030. i'm looking only for about 50 points becasue i'm againts the sell signal that was given at 2230.

peter44 said:
The Baptist,

Hi I'm sorry your post is very long I don't really have time to look at it closely now. But are you asking what my Dollar positions/ and outlook are?

Oh I see Baptist, had a quick read now. That is indeed impressive. What size are you trading?

Sorry about the post, my new bit some how was wedged in the old.
quote.

My interest was that an accomplished trader was consistently bullish on the dollar intraday.

The problem I have is I am Ok at getting into good positions, I do not always exit them as high up as I should, so i am working at exits.

You asked about size, begining of the year i had the traumatic experience of running up about 15 share spreadbets to over £45,000 and exiting with £9,000 ( the Ftse went from 4750 - 5100) all said, how to win and feel like a loser, and I used stops though clearly not agressively enough, I also had the habit of being not full time watching and experienced big drawdown (some of those occasions being big losses), which is just routine, discipline and stops/money management. In short you can't relax when in the money you do that when square and neutral.

So I guess my interest was that once again i am sitting on few positions with 200+ points and wish to ensure I bank 80% of the equity highpoint. But I don't just wish to use a 20% stop I like selecting technical points for these.

Further I always respect contrarian opinion in this case you have seen reason to go long dollar a few times and that may have peeked my early warning system for position closure as I have sized down afew times I would like to ride the trend, what techniques are you using for your long dollar calls?

If I was you right now, from what you tell me, I would close out all positions (200 pips) NOW. Then take a look at the market, from outside, for the next 24 hours. Things are going to get a bit volatile shortly. You could risk the 200 easily.

I would take and hold that gain for now. Well done again. The name of the game is "accumulation" Not to see how large a single trade can grow. Smaller more frequent trades.

Last edited:
hey hey to all from another peat, and as it so happens I am 44 (oh no the synchronicity is gettin spooky)

well i been trading for about 5 months after a few months on demo....
was doin well with my sell Eur , sell Kiwi policy (I sell out my own currency !! shock!!)
got a bit hammered last few days tho, what the lord giveth he taketh away

wanderin aroun the interweb - found this place....

I'll probably trade demo again for a few days or so and get my wind back.

peter44 , so without usin numbers , but shall we say, in absolute objective terms , how is your record and over how long?