Eur/usd

peter44 said:
Closed (Short USD/CHF (message 171)) @ 1.2949

Booked 96 points

Good trade.

I was watching the Doji's set up on daily chart then missed it trying to buy the bottoms of the FTSE 'bombs' fall. Anything apart from daily price action peak your interest in this trade?

It has now been 4 weeks since my first trade posting on this thread.

Total trading profit is now +902 points

I am currently down (16) pips on this 4th week with 3 open positions.

Open positions

Long GBP/USD @ 1.7450 (message 179) Currently 1.7376
Short USD/CHF @ 1.2944 (message 180) Currently 1.2990
Long EUR/USD @ 1.1927 (message 181) Currently 1.1961

This weeks open trading positions have a net position of (84) Loss and a (16) point deficit on the week.

Total (net) trading profit for the 4 weeks is (as of Fridays close)

+886 points

Regards

Last edited:
Short USD/CHF @ 1.2944 (message 180) Currently 1.2990

Hi Peter,

Firs i'm happy that you are doing good,

To be honest the way that you trade i cant called proffesional, i say this because for the above trade you have left your trade to go -130 points,( i know that you will get your money back or maybe even some poits at this trade because it should test the 1,2850 this week). to me it seems that your trading style is <buy and hold until you get old>

Good trading .

cecja said:
To be honest the way that you trade i cant called proffesional, i say this because for the above trade you have left your trade to go -130 points

So what is your definition of professional?? I tend to trade longer term now a days and if I ran 100 pip stops I would be continually stopped out of what would have been a profitable trade.

Cecja,

It may not be professional (as you put it) but I have been trading since 1989. Forgive me, but I thought the idea of trading was to make a profit., you buy; and when the price goes up you sell and vice versa.

Also I notice several messages in this thread from you offering your considerable advice, which if I had taken would have halved my profitable trades by further restricting them with tight stops.

I can say with confidence I know of no professional traders who use tight stop losses for all trades. Knowing when to close an open position when it is down comes with experience, it is not an automatic mechanical like decision which applies to every trade.

regards

Last edited:
adrianallen99 said:
So what is your definition of professional?? I tend to trade longer term now a days and if I ran 100 pip stops I would be continually stopped out of what would have been a profitable trade.

I called Mr Peter as non professional, because he has closed most of the wining trades with only + few poits and he is living the losing trades to run with around -150 points,

Cecja,

You don't strike me as being the brightest spark on this forum. But, your complaint, from what I can see, is the style in which I make my profits or is it the fact I am making a profit at all. There are no rules. The currency markets are a brutal place to trade. You become aware with time and experience when a trade is about to turn. What you then do makes you a professional trader or one of the 90%. The only thing anyone will notice in your trading is the bottom line. It's sad, it's a fact of life but that's how it is.

Let me put it another way.

I won't tell you what my average monthly gain has been over the past 4 years or so. But let's say for the sake of argument that it is my last 4 weeks trading profits posted on here.

Now if I had been trading on your behalf, say for 12 months, limited to 10 lots. You would have been a little pleased with your income now wouldn't you.

Last edited:
Keep it up

Hi Peter,

Keep up the good call :cheesy:

Do you also do trade call via sending email for interested peeps
like me since I have to keep checking this thread every now and then?

Appreciate your effort.