ES tonight

now setting up to short at 882 off the daily,
aiming for +1 +2 and +5 to 877 (weekly PP)

update: yay, finally triggered, first +1 in the bag

update: +2 collected.
off to bed, will check result on the +5/-2 in the morning..

update: 3rd car stopped out at -2, so scratch trade. which given the subsequent surge, wasn't a bad result :)

Last edited:
couple of trades were triggered earlier

I missed the Cam entry :eek: but caught the DeMark entry :)
final third, stop moved up to 877, final target 887

update: moved my safety stop to 884 and lifted my TP target to 891

update of update: safety stopped out.

Flat

needless to say, woulda coulda shoulda stayed in, but I was happy with my exit decision at the time, so that's all that counts, no room for self-recrimination

but........:devilish:

needless to say, woulda coulda shoulda stayed in, but I was happy with my exit decision at the time, so that's all that counts, no room for self-recrimination

but........:devilish:

and interesting now that price has moved into Weekly Kill Zone, so looking for a potential Reversal Short from 910 (or BOL from 935 ?)

ESH9 Daily 17 Dec

HKZ .................... Cam......... DeM ......... FTP
Breakout Long ........ 938.33...... 937.13....... 929.00
Reversal Short ........ 925.54 ..... 919.97 ...... 913.88

PP ...................... 898.75...... 902.81 ...... 898.75

LKZ .................... Cam ......... DeM ......... FTP
Reversal Long ........ 899.96...... 896.72 ...... 890.63
Breakdown Short ..... 887.18 ..... 890.63 ...... 882.50

set ups (daily) for 17 Dec

Cam, Dem & FTP:

Attachments

• Cam set up 17 Dec.jpg
    Cam set up 17 Dec.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 201
  • DeM set up 17 Dec.jpg
    DeM set up 17 Dec.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 189
  • FTP set up 17 Dec.jpg
    FTP set up 17 Dec.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 167
DeMark Reversal LOng just triggered at 896.75

+1 and +2 already bagged, let's see what happens...but the downward move immediately prior looks suspiciously robust ...

(target just below pivot at 902.75)

update: TP hit :)
for a sum of +8

Attachments

• DeM reversal Longs 17 dec.jpg
    DeM reversal Longs 17 dec.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
reversal long also fired off on Cam

long @900,
TP 901, 902, 905

Attachments

• Cam reversal Long 17 dec.jpg
    Cam reversal Long 17 dec.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 172
Cam Rev Long targets also hit

out for sum of +8

but i thought i'd missed my target by one tick (point A) and that price was going south.
luckily it popped back up to hit my target at point B.
that's me away to bed.....but not before I put in resting Buy Stops at 938 and Sell Stops at 887 to catch any major momentum moves later

Attachments

• Cam reversal Long 17 dec met TPs.jpg
    Cam reversal Long 17 dec met TPs.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 202
ESH9 (daily) 18 Dec

HKZ .................... Cam......... DeM ......... FTP
Breakout Long ........ 920.33 ..... 910.63....... 918.58
Reversal Short ........ 911.66 ..... 904.64 ...... 910.63

PP ...................... 902.67...... 898.69 ...... 902.67

LKZ .................... Cam ......... DeM ......... FTP
Reversal Long ........ 894.34...... 888.91 ...... 894.88
Breakdown Short ..... 885.68 ..... 879.13 ...... 887.08

Attachments

• FTP set up 18 Dec.jpg
    FTP set up 18 Dec.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 199
  • DeM set up 18 Dec.jpg
    DeM set up 18 Dec.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 170
  • Cam set up 18 Dec.jpg
    Cam set up 18 Dec.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 182
anyone still in doubt ?

look at this for a near perfect call on the Weekly Chart - the derived reversal short from the DeMark Pivots for this week was given as 917.54
i.e. as soon as price rises above 917.54 you put in a Stop Sell order to go Short.....

(and the amazing things is, another HKZ Reversal Short, the FTP pivot at 902.13 made the perfect target too.

Attachments

• perfect high 17_18 dec.jpg
    perfect high 17_18 dec.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 232
Dax Weekly

take a look at the weekly DeMark PPs on the Dax - as with the ES, the HKZ RS called almost the perfect High for a picture perfect Reversal Short !

Attachments

• DAX DeM W 15_19 Dec.jpg
    DAX DeM W 15_19 Dec.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 213
Dax Weekly Camarilla experiment

intrigued by the apparent success of inserting a new Mid-Point pivot between the Cam Weekly PP and the HKZ RS (see green lines and circles)
of course Camarilla R2 and S2 may work just as effectively as mid-points, i'll take a look

Attachments

• DAX Cam W 15_19 Dec.jpg
    DAX Cam W 15_19 Dec.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
DAX Daily 18 Dec

out of curiousity, escpecially because the trading hours are so much more "friendly" with the time difference, i've started to look at using Kill Zone trading on the Dax.
here's the first daily chart, for 18 Dec.
Firts obvious point is the conflict between Cam & DeM - where one breaks out Long, the other is setting up for a reversal short :eek: but as with ES, the plan would be to trade them independently of each other.
today's action, if any, on the Dax will be paper trade only while I try to experiment and get a feel for it

Attachments

• Dax Daily set up 18 Dec.jpg
    Dax Daily set up 18 Dec.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 173
i wish !!
i think i do need to go down that path, but have no idea how to do so.
we're having a xmas drink, the few t2w traders in bangkok, on saturday and pedro001 seems to know his stuff, so i'm going to try to persuade him to take a look with a few pints..... it would certainly make lif a lot easier and let me catch some sleep some time !

at your discretion?

once price moves into a Kill Zone i set resting Stop entries to buy and sell.
if the first trade fails, i repeat until eventually price moves out of the range one way or another.
there is no discretion - i take every trade (in theory) - BUT, that depends on me being awake/available to re-set the failed trades which isn't always possible of course. Audio alerts help, but the process is fundamentally flawed like that until if and when I can automate the re-entries.

Kill Zone kept you out of a losing trade

looked like a short was on the cards and people using indicators, trend lines etc may well have gone short, but because the LKZ Breakdown Short line wasn't violated, no Short was triggered, saving a losing trade

Attachments

• DAX saved a losing trade.jpg
    DAX saved a losing trade.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 196
Dax Reversal Long just triggered

no idea about targets or stop losses, this is the first time I've followed the Dax like this, so still experimenting ... suggestions gratefully received

Attachments

• Dax RevLong.jpg
    Dax RevLong.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 162
Hi mate well I dunno I think it was Arbitrageur who came up with the description of the Dax as being like the Dow on steroids so I suppose you'll have to make out of that what you will hehe.

But it is pretty volatile, and has some extreme moves, and can definitely turn on a cent.

The EuroStoxx as some of our overseas cousins like the mentioned Dow are somewhat more relaxed and mildy mannered brethren I'd say.

Keeping in mind that basically all indices are extrememly highly correlated, if one goes up there is absolutely no question that the others are up to the same antics, so I suppose the preference of which one to use will depend on your personal preference for pace and action.

Just keep a chart of several open simultaneously for a bit and see which fits you and your method best.

(Although this time of the year won't really tell you too much as volume just totally dries up and the indices act even stranger than usual)

;-)

Has that answered the question or did I get that completely wrong ?

Good trading mate