edge init

I'm constantly told that there are mechanical methods that have stood the test of time, although to be honest, most of the ones I've seen don't really hold up to scrutiny.

Maybe I'm missing a trick somewhere, but in order to get an edge I had to go well outside of the sort of thing that you'd typically see being promoted on a forums, in fact, as part of that research I discovered that most of the stuff that is promoted is actually quite damaging. I'd probably go as far as to say its a deliberate campaign of disinformation.

Yes, I agree with most of that but you're missing the point.

Peter

I'm constantly told that there are mechanical methods that have stood the test of time, although to be honest, most of the ones I've seen don't really hold up to scrutiny.

Maybe I'm missing a trick somewhere, but in order to get an edge I had to go well outside of the sort of thing that you'd typically see being promoted on a forums, in fact, as part of that research I discovered that most of the stuff that is promoted is actually quite damaging. I'd probably go as far as to say its a deliberate campaign of disinformation.

Examples or gtfo.

Yes, I agree with most of that but you're missing the point.

I take the point that most will fail even if you map out a simple step by step plan.

I think that I've only ever employed one European who could actually follow step by step instructions without deviation. That's probably a cultural thing as Ive worked with many people from other cultures who can.

I'll also add that there is something uniquely bizarre about trading that leads to less than average performance.

Combine all of the above with the scarcity of step by step plans and you can see why people decide to run trading forums for a living :LOL:

Combine all of the above with the scarcity of step by step plans and you can see why people decide to run trading forums for a living :LOL:

Your are just still sore from being banned. You have to learn to let go. It will help your trading.

Don't worry, I have more than enough multi nics to get my daily intake of lulz

It's not about multinics, more about being influenced by former loosing experiences. This is detrimental to forward decision making. Maybe you would find it hard to forgive the market for giving you a bum deal from time to time.

I can sell you my account for 7k ? I don't find enough lulz here anyway, and would be happy to look for them elsewhere. People keep talking OTC. I mean WTF, like most people here have access to OTC.

I trade CFDs you soft tw@ but anyway, once again, you've completely missed the point.

Thanks man. I had no idea what OTC was. Now I know.

Well my ones are based on market quotes anyway :) so my OTC argument is completely redundant as far as they're concerned. Whether the same applies for teh big boys, don;t suppose we'll ever know but I doubt it as there would be op cost in the liquidity aspect of the pricing function in a large volume transaction... unless they model it or something... and here I go again.

maybe one day I'll have something to say that is remotely related to adding to a black bottom line. Gotta be in it to win it eh, Joe :)