Is it an up ,or a down, day today
With all the posts ,i sort of lost track
thanks

hornblower said:
bid a tool
Is it an up ,or a down, day today
With all the posts ,i sort of lost track
thanks

I don't do Day trading. most trades last 7 days from the when the signal is given.

hornblower said:
so are we in a up ,or down trend ?

I can't say for certain but early indications point to a possibility today may well be an UPTREND.

HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Life... it's about the ride, not the destination."

Looks like the horse has "bolted"..........These damm indicatorts........I keep wishing they would be wrong!

Bid A-Tool said:
Looks like the horse has "bolted"..........These damm indicatorts........I keep wishing they would be wrong!

Well done Bid A-Tool,

whatever you're doing it seems to be working.

Please keep posting.

JillyB said:
Well done Bid A-Tool,

whatever you're doing it seems to be working.

Please keep posting.

Please don't encourage him! One swallow doesn't make a summer and the day's not even over.

I don't think I shall be handing over my trading account just yet.

I await his next call with eager anticipation.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

O.K. Traders. Do you like a challenge? If so, go to this website http://www.iii.co.uk/cfd/?type=simulator

Then go to "Launch" button. A Window will "pop" up. Click Apply to open a CFD Trading account. You will be given a simulated £10,000 (I do NOT want anyone to use real money from these Buy & Sell signals I am giving or the strategy I employ alongside them). This system has been back tested over a year.

The trading plan and method is just before END of DAY trading on the DOW. This is not a Day trading system but a system that lets you live your life and not be sat a computer screen all day watching the DOW going up and down. Each trade could last up to 14 days before closing all positions for hopefully a profit. Some can last longer than this.

This system will teach you discipline and unemotional trading. If after 12 months the simulated £10,000 is below £10,000 then you can say I have failed. For this system to work you must follow ever trade exactly when prompted.

PLAN THE TRADE. TRADE THE PLAN.

Bid A-Tool said:
O.K. Traders. Do you like a challenge? If so, go to this website http://www.iii.co.uk/cfd/?type=simulator

Then go to "Launch" button. A Window will "pop" up. Click Apply to open a CFD Trading account. You will be given a simulated £10,000 (I do NOT want anyone to use real money from these Buy & Sell signals I am giving or the strategy I employ alongside them). This system has been back tested over a year.

The trading plan and method is just before END of DAY trading on the DOW. This is not a Day trading system but a system that lets you live your life and not be sat a computer screen all day watching the DOW going up and down. Each trade could last up to 14 days before closing all positions for hopefully a profit. Some can last longer than this.

This system will teach you discipline and unemotional trading. If after 12 months the simulated £10,000 is below £10,000 then you can say I have failed. For this system to work you must follow ever trade exactly when prompted.

Thank you. But no, thanks! I have enough challenges on my hand! One of the thing traders must refrain from doing is listening to other people's tips and advice. You have to plan the trade yourself and trade the plan.

And trading with fake money is not my cup of tea. A waste of time and I've said countless times that you can't simulate emotion/greed/fear.

hungvir said:
Thank you. But no, thanks! I have enough challenges on my hand! One of the thing traders must refrain from doing is listening to other people's tips and advice. You have to plan the trade yourself and trade the plan.

And trading with fake money is not my cup of tea. A waste of time and I've said countless times that you can't simulate emotion/greed/fear.

You say "And trading with fake money is not my cup of tea". So do you trade with real money along with emotion/greed/fear?.........That is exactly why most Traders fail. You will never enter a trade if you have these kind of emotions. Simulated trading is how trading should be in real trading. You first have to learn to deal with it. You can't do that if you go straight in to real trading.

Bid A-Tool said:
You say "And trading with fake money is not my cup of tea". So do you trade with real money along with emotion/greed/fear?.........That is exactly why most Traders fail. You will never enter a trade if you have these kind of emotions. Simulated trading is how trading should be in real trading. You first have to learn to deal with it. You can't do that if you go straight in to real trading.

I think his point was that emotions cannot be simulated, and therefore you have to trade for real to see how you react when the pressure is on, and real money is on the line. It's overcoming these real emotions that will ultimately mean not failing. I for one agree.

Effkay said:
I think his point was that emotions cannot be simulated, and therefore you have to trade for real to see how you react when the pressure is on, and real money is on the line. It's overcoming these real emotions that will ultimately mean not failing. I for one agree.

Yes I do understand his point "emotions cannot be simulated". A trading plan can though. Separating the two is, I agree, the difficulty. It's all a mind game within your head. It's a case of fighting yourself. Surely if you are unable to separate the two, then you should never trade with real money?

Do pilots get in to a big Boeing 747 and start flying it on their own? There would have been a simulator in the equation somewhere.

If you can't do it on a simulator then what chance have you got flying a Boeing 747 or trading the DOW effectively?

Last edited:
A couple of thoughts Bid A-tool. Firstly I agree that trading a "simulator" account is an excellent way to start particularly to see how various money management strategies work. Secondly I think you will need to back-test you system rather more than 12 months to have faith it its signals - this last couple of years or so has I believe been the "quietest" the Dow has been for decades, and so might not be representative.

Regards

Forgot to mention - there is a site, www.indexodds.com which calls the daily direction of the S&P if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Bid A-Tool said:

Hi Bid A-Tool
Im game for that :D
I will trade my strategy vs yours on two demo accounts starting from your next call and post
trading account summary
Game on! :cheesy:

edit - having cloned Bid A-tools strategy I would lose this challenge so I am being brave sir Robin and bravely running away
Don

:cry:

Last edited:
Just to point out my balance is below because I started this game weeks ago. £1,176.05 up form £10,000 balance.

Account Summary

Select currency: GBP
Open Position (p/l):
[View Open Positions] 0.00

Cash Balance: 11,176.05

Initial Margin: 0.00

Total Position: 11,176.05

Profit and Loss figures are indicative only and based on mid prices.
Last updated 4:05:24 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.