Dow - Which Way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bid A-Tool said:
Probably 10 at this moment but I have to wait until the close of trade. Lets put it like this. The indicators have called 10 out of 10 in the last 3 months on predicting the DOW moving up or down. What I am unable to predict is the duration of these moves. What I do though is get out when it indicates a turn. Out of those ten trades only 1 was too early (115 points out but it turned good in the end). I don't claim perfection on this. I try to ignore all the news at it muddies your thinking. The trouble with news is you don't know how much of it the traders have already compensated in to the Market. I Just go on the indicators.

Bid A-Tool

Since I asked you YM has fallen 50 points. You know if it keeps falling you may well soon be right!

That 50 point fall hasn't made a scrap of difference to the indicators. It still say's a rise is coming. Still have to wait until the close though. DOW is at 11,076 at the moment.

Bid A-Tool said:
That 50 point fall hasn't made a scrap of difference to the indicators. It still say's a rise is coming. Still have to wait until the close though. DOW is at 11,076 at the moment.

Now Mr. Bid a -Tool IMO there are four possible reasons why you are posting.
In order of likelihood..

1. If your 'secret' indicator gets lucky you will start a subscription service.
2. You would like to draw attention to your online Tool business.
3. You are here to discuss DOW theory and all matters to do with advanced technical analysis.
4. You really have discovered the mother of all indicators and in your omnipotent benevolence bequeath its free use to the trading world.

I have always been fascinated with technical analysis. I am sure everyone would agree that there are a great deal of professional traders and expensive packages out there that promise perfection but at best are 50/50.
As regard subscription, I can't subscribe something that is not mine. The indicators are readily available and are the best I have found personally.
What I am doing is testing them in a public environment. I want to see what reaction they get when they predict a coming move. I want to see how good they are to what other traders are using. The tool business has nothing to do with it as it's running fine thanks.

Bid A-Tool

Bid A-Tool said:
I have always been fascinated with technical analysis. I am sure everyone would agree that there are a great deal of professional traders and expensive packages out there that promise perfection but at best are 50/50.
As regard subscription, I can't subscribe something that is not mine. The indicators are readily available and are the best I have found personally.
What I am doing is testing them in a public environment. I want to see what reaction they get when they predict a coming move. I want to see how good they are to what other traders are using. The tool business has nothing to do with it as it's running fine thanks.

Bid A-Tool

Well why don't you tell us all about it then? I for one can't stand the suspense for much longer!

Because Bid A-Tool want you to 'bid' for it :) To be honest, I am not interested.

Any system is only a fourth/fifth of the success. Without discipline, money management and experience no system can help you to make money.

hungvir said:
Because Bid A-Tool want you to 'bid' for it :) To be honest, I am not interested.

Any system is only a fourth/fifth of the success. Without discipline, money management and experience no system can help you to make money.

I am intrigued by Bid a-Tool's motives. His DIY secret indicator is keeping me on tenterhooks, I know I'll have difficulty sleeping tonight.

Com'on Bid-A-Tool! Put us all out of our misery and reveal all. You know you want to!

Let me make an uneducated guess :)

It's something like 20 day expo MA and 40 day expo MA crossing with the 20 one on top :) And the angle should be steep :) Come on, there's nothing new under the sun, is there?

That's the idea. I want you to pull this system to bits. You say "any system is only a fourth/fifth of the success. That's what I think. Totally useless. I want you to "poke" fun at it and rip it apart. I'm just going to call the turns when it tells me. I want to know how this compares to other systems. By the way it is a simply up and down signal I am reading. True the hardest part is "jumping" in and making a trade based on it.

This bit I think is rubbish with respect "no system can help you to make money"....Obviously you have tried many then.

This is going to me fun.

Bid A-Tool

Bid A-Tool said:
That's the idea. I want you to pull this system to bits. You say "any system is only a fourth/fifth of the success. That's what I think. Totally useless. I want you to "poke" fun at it and rip it apart. I'm just going to call the turns when it tells me. I want to know how this compares to other systems. By the way it is a simply up and down signal I am reading. True the hardest part is "jumping" in and making a trade based on it.

This bit I think is rubbish with respect "no system can help you to make money"....Obviously you have tried many then.

This is going to me fun.

Bid A-Tool

Bid A-Tool . You say you want us to"pull this system to bits" but there's nothing there to pull, apart from our legs of course. Hey, you're not Bramble in disguise are you?

Lets hope the fun isn't at your expense but at mine. I would dearly love you to be the Messiah for YM traders, then I can pay you to trade for me while I am improving my golf handicap.

"If wishes were horses then beggars would ride."

There's no shortage of them is there?!

Guys try a 10 day momentum crossed with a 10 day moving average of momentum, a cross above the average and you've got a buy signal...easy as pie. Gets pretty much every single turning point on the dow!

How's that for a great secret indicator?

Problem......what about the signals that turn out not to be turning points?

Bid,

If you actually want to help people, tell everyone what you're talking about, and stop with this secret talk. If not, then go away and make millions with your fantastic indicators.

-Just my thoughts.

rols said:
Hey, you're not Bramble in disguise are you? "

No..........but my uncles cousin was "Ray Wilson" who played as a defender in the 1966 world cup......if that helps.

Bid A-Tool

Let's Sir Bid A- Tool concentrate on his eBay biz, rols.

And I myself have to go and bid for a pair of shoes for my wife :) Funny that it is listed by a guy for his wife as well.

Good trading,

Hung

Bid A-Tool said:
No..........but my uncles cousin was "Ray Wilson" who played as a defender in the 1966 world cup......if that helps.

Bid A-Tool

My Uncle Harry was my mother's great aunt's gardener and made a fortune trading penny shares.

His favourite expression was;

"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."

DATE: 17 April 2006 9:00pm

At the close of trading today, the indicators have confirmed a reversal (RISE) is on it's way. The Dow, NASDAQ 100 S&P 500, NYSE Comp, NASDAQ Comp, AMEX Comp, Russell 1000, Russell 2000 & Russell 3000 all show the SAME signal......an immanent rise.

How long it's duration or strength or how many points it will rise, I am unable to say. DOW presently at 11,073

Bid A-Tool

Last edited:
hungvir said:
Let's Sir Bid A- Tool concentrate on his eBay biz, rols.

And I myself have to go and bid for a pair of shoes for my wife :) Funny that it is listed by a guy for his wife as well.

Good trading,

Hung

OK we'll let Bid -A-Tool dig his own hole.

Those shoes are a steal!

rols said:
OK we'll let Bid -A-Tool dig his own hole.

Those shoes are a steal!

Haha, I just got the shoes for a fiver. Better than a winning trade I would think :)

Effkay said:
There's no shortage of them is there?!

Guys try a 10 day momentum crossed with a 10 day moving average of momentum, a cross above the average and you've got a buy signal...easy as pie. Gets pretty much every single turning point on the dow!

How's that for a great secret indicator?

Problem......what about the signals that turn out not to be turning points?

Bid,

If you actually want to help people, tell everyone what you're talking about, and stop with this secret talk. If not, then go away and make millions with your fantastic indicators.

-Just my thoughts.

Out of interest what are your "10 day momentum crossed with a 10 day moving average of momentum" saying at the moment? Is it a "buy Signal" now 17th April 9:00pm.

In answer to this question "Problem......what about the signals that turn out not to be turning points?".......Answer: You would double up on contracts on the next signal and not before. So if you bought 1 contract on the DOW, you would then buy 2 more to make 3.

Bid A-Tool

Bid A- Tool,

Time is money. I think I've spent more than 100 quids on this thread :) Please post something useful or none at all. Please!

hungvir said:
Bid A- Tool,

Time is money. I think I've spent more than 100 quids on this thread :) Please post something useful or none at all. Please!

There it is (SEE BELOW): Not sure about this though "I think I've spent more than 100 quids on this thread"......what does that mean?

DATE: 17 April 2006 9:00pm

At the close of trading today, the indicators have confirmed a reversal (RISE) is on it's way. The Dow, NASDAQ 100 S&P 500, NYSE Comp, NASDAQ Comp, AMEX Comp, Russell 1000, Russell 2000 & Russell 3000 all show the SAME signal......an immanent rise.

How long it's duration or strength or how many points it will rise, I am unable to say. DOW presently at 11,073

Bid A-Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.