Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
never ask for advice like that on a bulletin board.

sorry... the reason why i ask because i think it is time to buy now.
today, Dow has touch 8000 point which is already below sma200 on the month scale.
So, it should rebound at some point around here.
but if it does not.The next station would be below 7000. :idea::idea::idea:

sorry... the reason why i ask because i think it is time to buy now.
today, Dow has touch 8000 point which is already below sma200 on the month scale.
So, it should rebound at some point around here.
but if it does not.The next station would be below 7000. :idea::idea::idea:

i think the point we were trying to make was thats impossible to answer a question like that. also at the moment hedge funds are liquidating anything to get cash for many technicals just go out the window. also the g7 meet this w/e so any move will relate to that. they may have a blinding plan or they may be a shambles. you just have to take your own view. as well as day trading i tried to take a long term pos today on the spike down. mid afternoon it didnt feel right so i lobbed it out. my long term pos lasted 2 hours ! since then i was right by 60 points and now im wrong by 60.

Guys guys,,,

what was that ... :-0

Amazing stuff eh?

At work my friend and I were trading the 15m 5m 1m charts from about 6:30-7:30 pm and then I left work to come home to see the DOW move 1000pips in space of 1.5 hours is amazing.

Is this bounce to do with the meeting of the heads or brokers setting bear traps.

I feel we are living history in the making here.

I hope you all made a mint...

:clover:

a very nice rally at the end of the day
Saved my skin from a bad decision earlier and ended up making a small profit by the close.
amazing trading day - wish more trading days were like that!

Guys guys,,,

what was that ... :-0

Amazing stuff eh?

At work my friend and I were trading the 15m 5m 1m charts from about 6:30-7:30 pm and then I left work to come home to see the DOW move 1000pips in space of 1.5 hours is amazing.

Is this bounce to do with the meeting of the heads or brokers setting bear traps.

I feel we are living history in the making here.

I hope you all made a mint...

:clover:

Did you mean Bull traps?

Did you mean Bull traps?

I did mean bear traps as I feel these falls are way way over done imho.

I'm feeling good with money to spend buying cheap property and not only that interest rates falling, inflation falling, deposits spread over several banks and guaranteed.

Things are looking up personaly for me and I'm sure large number of other people too ready to bounce.

My view is the quicker we get the falls out of the way and asset / share prices adjust the quicker buyers will move into the market.

That's my two pence worth but I take your point. It did go down another 500 points after the rocket propulsion kicked in. Perhaps it's a bull trap and the bear market will continue.

Bargains to be had now. I really do feel that as these falls are over reaction. Even if we have recession/depression I doubt it will be like 1929. Just using common sense and consolidation will prevail.

Somebody said crime will increase as the economy goes down the pan. Well I had my bike stolen from railings last night. :( Looks like *******s used some corrosive acid to literally waste the metal U crook lock. Strange thing is it was a good many years old bike - rusty in parts but mechanically, well greased and slick, very useful bike. :cry: Sad to see it go.

dow1010oe5.png

Nice chart Kutero!!
I am expecting a rally back to the 9000s.

Also recognize that VIX is very high as well.

Regards,
Palacekid

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice chart Kutero!!
I am expecting a rally back to the 9000s.

Also recognize that VIX is very high as well.

Regards,
Palacekid

Last edited by a moderator:
Nancy Pelosi due to speak soon. She is expected to announce more measures to help the market.

Nancy Pelosi due to speak soon. She is expected to announce more measures to help the market.

Her appearance has been delayed.
(Rumours that she had fallen off her broomstick were strongly denied )

The market likes her words ( rebuild America etc.)
and so onward and upward

But what about the detail I hear you cry

now that is what may make the difference.

Was wondering when is the right time to move in i was hoping there was going to be a pull back and trigger a price shoot up

Status
Not open for further replies.