FX-2008: w/c Jan-07th

trendie

Legendary member
first full weeks trading of the New Year.
any expectations for where the majors are going first quarter of 2008, or dont you care?

Up, Down, or all over the place.
Will the 2008 US elections have an impact on optimistic/pessimistic plays?

I don't care whether its up or down, just as long as they go up or down. Otherwise I'm likely to be on the sidelines - which is obviously better than being on the losing end of a trade, but still doesn't pay the bills.
:love:

I don't care. I trade what I see and don't predict.

And as JTrader says, as long as there is movement.

interesting discussion (reference made) over on Making Money thread.
references made to "5 min intraday method".
Uses EMA50, 21 and 10.
You trade when the price "pulls-back" to the 21 and 10, when 50 detemines trend.
although it says wait until 50-EMA is at 20 degrees!

thought it was interesting as it is a sort of Cornflower variant.
Nothing new under the sun?

EDIT: yep, agree about not caring, as long as it moves. You guys surely are Zen adepts. :)

interesting discussion (reference made) over on Making Money thread.
references made to "5 min intraday method".
Uses EMA50, 21 and 10.
You trade when the price "pulls-back" to the 21 and 10, when 50 detemines trend.
although it says wait until 50-EMA is at 20 degrees!

thought it was interesting as it is a sort of Cornflower variant.
Nothing new under the sun?

EDIT: yep, agree about not caring, as long as it moves. You guys surely are Zen adepts. :)
You mean the PhilNel 5min system on FF.
I implemented that framework into a previous system that i developed/tried.

gbpusd

Hi again, and happy New Year to all.

Re cable, 9750-58 area looks like the first real upside hurdle, being a former major 1hr sswing low and minor swing high with the 50% of the fall from 9850 and the 23.6% of the fall from 2.0100 area and Daily pivot in that vicinity.

Currently price struggling around the intraday highs at 9738 area.

You mean the PhilNel 5min system on FF.
I implemented that framework into a previous system that i developed/tried.

There R all kinds of MT4 indicators available
with this strat - including one that measures the 50SMA angle!

Hi again, and happy New Year to all.

Re cable, 9750-58 area looks like the first real upside hurdle, being a former major 1hr sswing low and minor swing high with the 50% of the fall from 9850 and the 23.6% of the fall from 2.0100 area and Daily pivot in that vicinity.

Currently price struggling around the intraday highs at 9738 area.

Look forward to your valuable daily analysis! ;)

screenshot attached

lol, fibonelli, thx.

further potential intraday resistance analysis attached.

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 275
A and B marked below (sorry.)

Attachments

• t2w.gif
    t2w.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 257
Core blimey BB, trading naked all of a sudden?!
...Where did all the indicators go? (long time passing!) :LOL:.

JT: Lol, the're back ,aaaargh!!!!

Whole reversal candle closing almost outside the 10 bol (aqua) and certainly well adrift of the 20bol (white) on 1min (my trigger) at that 9750 resistance with a descending 1hr res t/line in there for good measure from 2.0100 area. Chart to the right shows a breech too of upper donchian channel (pink) and extreme fib tunnel (red solid) as well as the 61.8 resistance channel (green dotted.)

A case of extreme deviation/oscillator extremes at resistance on the trigger to give +20pips from a 9743bid entry, taking it whilst it's there...choice was that or stop to B/e, hold and see what happens.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 206
gbpusd cont...

Gbpusd congesting in indecisive price action now intraday. 5min chart shows it well...a and b are the extremss of the recent range, the majority of price action occuring between the 2 red lines.

Mni noting ' interim offers ' at 9780/85 ahead of 9800/15 likely. Bids to the downside around 9695 and the intraday lows 9650 area, the latter being the 76.4% fibb of last years low 9183- hi 2.1162, as well as a major daily swing low from 17/8.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 218
the same 5min (my intermediate time frame) chart shows the range made up of EqH, HH HL LH and LL.

Just have to see which way it breaks.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 216
hope you guys had a better Monday than I did.
a non-event.
choppy. there appeared to be some direction pre-7am, but then essentially sideways.
EURJPY had an aneamic up-move, which then reversed into a sharpish down-move 3pm.
EURUSD had a nice fall down 7am, but then I gave it away as it crawled its way back up to its starting point.
USDJPY as EURUSD, except in reverse, jump up, and then give it back as it fell.
GBPUSD was worst. messy, very messy.

should have stayed in bed and practised my dart-throwing.

will have a light tea, and perhaps look at 7-9pm session.

hope you guys had a better Monday than I did.
a non-event.
choppy. there appeared to be some direction pre-7am, but then essentially sideways.
EURJPY had an aneamic up-move, which then reversed into a sharpish down-move 3pm.
EURUSD had a nice fall down 7am, but then I gave it away as it crawled its way back up to its starting point.
USDJPY as EURUSD, except in reverse, jump up, and then give it back as it fell.
GBPUSD was worst. messy, very messy.

should have stayed in bed and practised my dart-throwing.

will have a light tea, and perhaps look at 7-9pm session.

No Monday was a lame duck.
I don't know how you can concentrate on so many pairs at once.

No Monday was a lame duck.
I don't know how you can concentrate on so many pairs at once.

actually 4 is easy, they sit neatly on one screen. and what with my RSI/Stoch OB/OS alert pingers, I know which one is likely to trigger soon.
also, diversifying helps smooth the wins/losses.

actually 4 is easy, they sit neatly on one screen. and what with my RSI/Stoch OB/OS alert pingers, I know which one is likely to trigger soon.
also, diversifying helps smooth the wins/losses.

But don't you find you need to use/remember different things - i.e. do they have differing optimal SL's & PT's etc.?

But don't you find you need to use/remember different things - i.e. do they have differing optimal SL's & PT's etc.?

since I also use the zig-zag, I use the last but one zig as SL exit, which will be a function of the particular pairs volatility. OR the previous days session Highs/Lows.
See! I can use price-action as well as MAs.

EDIT: what are your darts telling you today?

since I also use the zig-zag, I use the last but one zig as SL exit, which will be a function of the particular pairs volatility. OR the previous days session Highs/Lows.
See! I can use price-action as well as MAs.

EDIT: what are your darts telling you today?

North (y).

what is a zig-zag?