Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop at b/e

First pos got stopped out. I went in again at 9011 and just closed that one at 8933.

Not bad.

Expecting a bounce as this is R2 on Pivot point or Fib retrace. Interesting level.

Market probably close at this level I think.

That's it for me.

Take care guys... (y)

And out for a profit

Good trade Pat.

I went in on 15m and exited based on 5min stochastics.

Target was 20 but 30s just as good.

If this finds support at these levels and proceed to rise above 9000s then I reckon tomorrow is likely to be another up day.

Blimey look at it go...

Good trade Pat.

I went in on 15m and exited based on 5min stochastics.

Target was 20 but 30s just as good.

If this finds support at these levels and proceed to rise above 9000s then I reckon tomorrow is likely to be another up day.

Blimey look at it go...

Thx
U R doing well 2

trying to watch the gadget show at the same time - careful there !!

Great looking stress busting specs on the gadget show.
missed the price tho

Why not ?

dow1013aik9.png

mw1013rd1.png

MARKET SNAPSHOT

U.S. stocks join global rally on government plans
Major indexes surge more than 7%; Dow industrials could tally best day yet
By Kate Gibson, MarketWatch
Last update: 1:39 p.m. EDT Oct. 13, 2008

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks sprang higher on Monday as widespread buying fueled the Dow Jones Industrial Average's greatest intraday point gain on record after a frantic weekend of international government actions bolstered confidence in the banking sector and credit markets. General Motors Corp. surged more than 30% after reports the auto giant had contemplated a merger.

US PRE-OPEN

CFD traders are looking at a 220 point mark up for the Dow as the remain buoyed up by massive amounts of Government money to prop up the financial sector. The latest US tranche of this is $250bn to recapitalise banks.

The US Treasury outlined a plan to inject $250 billion of the government's $700 billion rescue plan into U.S. banks.
Banks set to receive money from the government include J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Bank of America Corp., Citigroup Inc., Wells Fargo & Co., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs Group Inc.

PepsiCo sees Q4 pretax charge of about $550 mln-$600 mln, Q3 earnings $1.58 billion vs $1.74 billion, to eliminate about 3,300 jobs worldwide

Banco Santander said late on Monday it would buy the three-quarters of Sovereign Bancorp it does not already own for $1.9 billion in its own stock, or about $3.81 a share.

Upgrades / Downgrades:

Fitch downgrades LeasePlan's individual rating to 'B/C'; affirms IDR 'A'; outlook stable.

Jefferies cuts Adobe Systems price target to $33 from $44, rating hold.

Jefferies raises Blackstone Group to hold from underperform.

Friedman cuts Intel Corp price target to $23 from $26

For Friday’s session:

Johnson & Johnson and Intel after the close.

ECB's Trichet Speaking in New York.

Trades for the day:

Sell: Intel

Blue Index

Status
Not open for further replies.