Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Ready

"This crisis is real and huge ................." :devilish:

Just something to bear in mind as we hover over 1000pts off the lows.... :cheesy:

"This crisis is real and huge ................." :devilish:

Just something to bear in mind as we hover over 1000pts off the lows.... :cheesy:

today is the 10th trading day since the big houses rallied this mrkt on jan 23, they have to hold their position for a minimum of 10 days and can't trade the 1st hour after the open,so watch the reaction to the morning us numbers a half hour after they come out

today is the 10th trading day since the big houses rallied this mrkt on jan 23, they have to hold their position for a minimum of 10 days and can't trade the 1st hour after the open,so watch the reaction to the morning us numbers a half hour after they come out

Cheers Ammo

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Quick look at charts..

If we break below the flag/wedge formation on daily watch out below! On long term charts we have got a sell signal - 1st time since 2k -
Dow Theory sell signal still in force until we get new highs:eek: in both industrials and transports

Long term European charts also don't bode well...short term - think we still need to test the Jan lows or lower..then see how mkts reacts...more rate cuts (not just US) may then mean a bottom in place for rest of year?

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Dow monthly.png
    Dow monthly.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 172
Yep. CMC.

Stop around 12200

That is a reasonable enough stop. Whilst I do not mean to teach you what you already know, it is better not to have stops at round figures (just thought it should be mentioned).

DJI next week

Any views for next week ?
I think it is probably up overall

the future shows a lo of 11,285 on 22 Jan,but its basically still in a downtrend - so it could go 100 lower... !!
BUT the nearest MA is starting to flatten, so it could - either go into a sideways range for a day or too and then " possibly " reverse back to the upside - (if the MA starts to curve more) -

best to wait until it trends ...... !!

Nice one Cat.....

If we break below the flag/wedge formation on daily watch out below! On long term charts we have got a sell signal - 1st time since 2k -
Dow Theory sell signal still in force until we get new highs:eek: in both industrials and transports

Long term European charts also don't bode well...short term - think we still need to test the Jan lows or lower..then see how mkts reacts...more rate cuts (not just US) may then mean a bottom in place for rest of year?

4 now New Lows await I suspect .....700+ points to go.

Cb's seem frantic but powerless. People are now reluctantly starting to consider recession ............. so the possibility of a Depression can't be dismissed. This means Dow 10k at the min since Dot com collapse shed 4600pts over time ..and this seems much worse...... :devilish:

Still too much "optimism" ........... the penny hasn't dropped yet imo .....

Devilicus...the long you posted was basically the low tick of the day yesterday and so far I think your exit was around the high. Got any more crystal balls handy?

Im still holding my long :( Should have closed some when you did.

Good luck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.