Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about about short $/Y other than for short termer..... we've had 3 drives down off 124 and were practically in the abyss.... be careful Atilla... I'd be more inclined to look at Euro/$ for potential opps ?? Although shorting $/Y is with the trend :cheesy:

Just a thought...........

I know what you mean HS, when it was around 116 Jacinto predicted 108 and I thought no way. But it keeps going down. I shorted at 107 and thought 106 that'll do me and it still keeps going down...

I'm tempted to stick my neck out and say it will come to a resting stop at 99... :eek:

If it moves above 106.30 I'll be looking to close pos.

So far so good. Be surprised if US open raises market. But you never know as they are already talking about another .5% rate cut. Crazy :LOL:

Develbis to Pinkpig in ................

:)

You're probably right but the opening premium has now all but gone.... just for the record... that's a nice wad before live action.. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

We're in a serious crisis so even if this is a violent bear rally.... it must fail....
(unless my models are tricking me.:p) ......

However, as always this is a game of chance with some skill required ... as we know..:)

Pink pig !... I wonder if that's the old ...... no couldn't be could it ? :cheesy:

sure is

got fed up with using that tool anyhows, had a good laugh when I looked at the spelling on the side of it :LOL:

Your right but unless thats your timeframe and your set up for it etc :whistling

will try one with the sbs if I see an opening I like, this is not it for me yet, I can see the ftse going 6150 ish mar fut or bit higher even, they have refused to fill any lower down gaps with any gusto over the last week

I see it as pretty much a none event really :eek:

I am just happy that we are getting multi days action in the ftse morning session :cheesy:

good luck all:clover:

My 15min MAs showing turn up.

Unbelievable. I'm not one to argue. Go with the flow. Flat on DOW long on DAX. Closed USDJPY pos for small loss.

My 15min MAs showing turn up.

Unbelievable. I'm not one to argue. Go with the flow. Flat on DOW long on DAX. Closed USDJPY pos for small loss.

I thought something was fishy about the open as my 15min MAs turned up. Saved by the charts. :cool: Done nicely on DAX... (y)

I'm now flat again. Looking to see if we make a lower high or we go above yesterday's high.

I'm still feeling groggy with a lousy cold so I'm off to bed.

It's a dog eat dog world out there... Take everyone...

Fancy that !

Not sure about about short $/Y other than for short termer..... we've had 3 drives down off 124 and were practically in the abyss.... be careful Atilla... I'd be more inclined to look at Euro/$ for potential opps ?? Although shorting $/Y is with the trend :cheesy:

Just a thought...........

:) STOP EATING WHEN YOU ARE FULL :LOL:

:) STOP EATING WHEN YOU ARE FULL :LOL:

You were right for now but I don't believe the show is over yet.

I did make good many pips when Fed cut rates by .75% earlier in the week so still up over all on USDJPY trades this week. Lost -30 in todays trade.

I still hold the view USDJPY will come off more - 104ish still stands but don't wish to risk funds. If it falls below 105.80 may have another stab...

anyone on cable looking for 638 could be a good hedge against Dow positions

have closed FTSE long dont want to hold over weekend current position short on dow and will be long cable in the not too distant future

looking at usd/jpy a quick calc comes to 105.19 but its only a quick calc

looking at usd/jpy a quick calc comes to 105.19 but its only a quick calc

I have S2 @ 105.11.

Also, I think cable will follow DOW in direction... I think USDCHF might be a better hedge. :rolleyes:

6000 + close on ftse

close over 6000 for the ftse lol

down she goes, they can"t hold her any longer........

Can they :p

good week end all :clover:

I'm short on the DOW again. I reckon DOW is going to 12500.

Well easy come easy go. Closed short position.

Dow is reaching for the stars. :D

That's me done for the week.

Have a good weekend everyone...

Hi everyone,

Good Sunday evening to you all... Here is my take on the charts fwiw...

On the big weekly picture we have bounced off the support line (blue line) and imo now heading for a retest of the 13000s for next week. This is R1 @ 12978 on these charts.

However, drilling into the charts I can see we may even head to 13216 which is a Fib retrace of 61% fom last Octobers highs.

One small concern is the 12800 line in black on the Daily charts. I have drawn another upward sloping one which makes more sense really as text book says the neckline should be upward sloping during a top H&S reversal and downward sloping during bottoms. This updward sloping neckline also points to 13000 levels.

In summary I think we are likely to see a rise to 13055 this week. I expect some congestion and sideways move is likely to take place here and then whether we may head back down to 12600s or go up to 13500s. I reckon the market has to wait to see the impact of the rate cuts.

I reckon we will see 13500s by 22nd of Feb or by early March.

I don't know why but I think volatility is likely to die down. I feel foolish saying it but it is a thought in the head. I'm sure I'll be eating humble pie soon. :whistling

Good trading everyone... (y)

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-W.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-W.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-W2.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-W2.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-D.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-D.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 153
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-D2.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A-20080203-D2.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 162
Atilla,

Perhaps two key dates this month are the 7th and 14th when Deutsche Bank and UBS report, respectively - more write-down revelations, hence guilt by association for the other major players? Don't know if any US banks are reporting.

Grant.

Also on 7th, ECB announcement, German Factory Orders.

Grant.

Thanks for this information Grant, I'll look out for those days.

Gut instincts says I wouldn't be too sure about BoE or ECB being keen to raise rates given inflationary pressures. Slow down v Inflation... Tough call. :rolleyes: :cry:

I think DOW might test 12528 before a bounce up again... If this is the case then I think 13000+ will be well in sight. Especially if rates come down here and Europe also.

Wait and see I guess. Flat at the mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.