Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
575 now where have I seen that before

Oh yes thats yesterdays price:cheesy:

wouldnt it be cool if we could get to 071 for tomorrow

I assume you mean 12071 and not 13071?

My mixed emoitions :cheesy: would be devided up as 60% in favour of 13071 and 40% in favour of 12071.

I'm still itching for the 12800-13000 level before I take up douple size position shorts on the DOW. Maybe it's just wishful thinking egging it on. Sort of a self fullfilling prophecy. Still fighting the demons. Trade what you see not what you're thinking n all that.

I will merely make sure I'm on the correct side of my MAs...

Just closed pos @ 12554 for +150. That's me done nicely for the day.

Great work Atilla and stagflation sound about right to me; let's just hope this doesn't lead to a 30s style S.L.U.M.P

Last edited:
Hi Horses 101 and welcome
Thats a bit like asking Gordon Ramsey for the recipe for his secret sauce
but in its simplist form every trader wants yesterdays price or a better price

PS not short yet

Thanks for the reply DC2000. I understand.
Really impressed with your guys here. A quality forum.
Cheers

anybody watching Dow Transport index? Been on a tear recently..was it because it was overdone to downside..or is it trying to tell us the "worst" is over? up almost 3 % today...might be the boost to gett o 12800 ish...

watching it for signs of a turn to downside...can't see DOW IND making a serious move down until it does...

Great work Atilla and stagflation sound about right to me; let's just hope this doesn't lead to a 30s style S.L.U.M.P

Cheers MrPunter and DC,

Sorry about the loud letters and dots but I have been banging my drums from last November about the twin defecits and war expenditure and the totally wrong policy of the Bush administration and so perhaps over the top but there you go. Your response with the slump did make me laugh thank you for that Mr Punter :LOL:

Having said that just as nothing materialised about the doom and gloom last November 2006 and through out 2007 perhaps it will not again.

What I do know is that the longer this day of reckoning is postponed, that much greater will be the adjustment making 1929 look like a Dixie cake walk...

I'm now using trailing SL @ 12434 - Make sure I come away with something out of this patiently expected planned and executed trade if I may say so Firewalker... (y)
Well done on that trade, but more done I'm glad to see you are able to change from shorts to long and the other way around so quickly... seems like a whole different style than the fixed-mindset Atilla I once knew ;)

What I do know is that the longer this day of reckoning is postponed, that much greater will be the adjustment making 1929 look like a Dixie cake walk...

Now we wouldn't want that, would we? Think of all the short opps that you'd be missing out :p

Well done on that trade, but more done I'm glad to see you are able to change from shorts to long and the other way around so quickly... seems like a whole different style than the fixed-mindset Atilla I once knew ;)

Now we wouldn't want that, would we? Think of all the short opps that you'd be missing out :p

Thanks Firewalker, I attribute that to the likes of you, Dinos, Jacinto, DC, CrapBudhist just to mention a few names. Heroes of T2W imo. (y)

Also, these days when I'm in a losing trade and there have been a few since December, it feels instinctively wrong. It's like get out and shut the door behind you and don't come back until you have seen the light. It's purely in the charts and price.

I enjoy the fundamentals and the economics and all the current affairs but once in front of the trading station it's like I'm 'Joe 90'. At least I like to think so... :eek:

I'd thought it would rise from the outset today but got shaken and well stirred before the US market opened. I should have waited for the US market to open. I usually wait until 3ish but that's what happens when I get trigger happy sitting at home sniffing a cold.

not before we see 12650 again me thinks...

12600 could be small hurdle to get past... otherwise everything still on schedule

and a hurdle it proves to be... but we should continue further upwards now

12650 as we speak :cool:

Well... don't blame me for not telling you what the market was going to do...

Oh and horses101, there are no secret holy grails in this game. Only people who'd like you to believe there are.

12650 as we speak :cool:

Well... don't blame me for not telling you what the market was going to do...

Oh and horses101, there are no secret holy grails in this game. Only people who'd like you to believe there are.

Top call Firewalker. :clap:

Brilliant. :D

I think T2W should have a wealth management fund and get cracking...

Are there professional traders who can match the combination of DC & FW?

Fantastic day. Can't wait for tomorrow.

The cable long was signaled just before the announcement, after it the dow signaled a short this was then a low risk hedge trade if the dow had continued I would have been stopped out -150 but the cable trade would have produced +195 and vice versa, as it panned out cable +74 at close and dow +133

:clap::clap: excellent!!!!!

Top call Firewalker. :clap:

Are there professional traders who can match the combination of DC & FW?

Fantastic day. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Yep. This thread's got good again.
DC is back in form. He sure had a bad run around Christmas time though!

My favourite traders at the moment are 'Firewalker' and 'Devilicus' (sp?)
Some awesome, no-nonsense calls from them two last few months.
Oh..and Dinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.