Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair....

any ideas what our favourite soothsayer Oscar's ES predictions were for today?

Whilst his primary view was DOWN selling in the 1380's (sp futs) ......he did acknowledge that the bull flag might ruin his call........ and cause an explosive move up.

Because that pen from wed was 50/50 I bought the pullback ... premarket - seemed low risk to me..... :cheesy: Regardless of the subsequent direction........ small loss or nice points........

With ftse getting crushed pre-mkt that would have been better but only went tiny long..
not complaining though.........:p

making a call...

... today's high is "the top" :)

don't slap me if we break 13000 next week... but to be honest I'd be VERY surprised

I believe everything is set to go for another round of "sell in May and go away"!

I believe everything is set to go for another round of "sell in May and go away"!

Maybe...
But I think in order for that to happen, Oil would have to slow down dramatically.

I think May will be a good volume month this year with the Oils/GasPrices/Dollar falling situation. Traders are going to stick around make some good money and actively trade this year.

Maybe...
But I think in order for that to happen, Oil would have to slow down dramatically.

I think May will be a good volume month this year with the Oils/GasPrices/Dollar falling situation. Traders are going to stick around make some good money and actively trade this year.

I was only kidding about the sell in May part... I've seen high volume periods in mid-summer times and low volume periods in wintertimes. I doubt there's much significance.

I doubt there's much significance.

Not to get to far off thread.

Low volumes are very significant. Lower the volumes, the easier price manipulations can be made. The more prone for the breakout w/no follow through. Sideways or plateau(ed) markets due to low volumes.

DOW recently has been moving up on lower volumes. So we could definately see a ST top but LT I'M Bullish.

Not to get to far off thread.

Low volumes are very significant. Lower the volumes, the easier price manipulations can be made. The more prone for the breakout w/no follow through. Sideways or plateau(ed) markets due to low volumes.

DOW recently has been moving up on lower volumes. So we could definately see a ST top but LT I'M Bullish.

Sorry about any misinterpretation. Volume is very significant indeed. I pay close attention to it.

What I was trying to say is that there's little correlation (as far as I know) between trading activity in for example January or April or September. There's obviously less trading around X-mas and New Year, but apart from that I think there are decent trading opportunities throughout the whole year.

Wait for it

Think its a buy myself

Ftse to go 200 ish

Dow to go 13200 ~ maybe even 600 :eek:

Fw what do you see in the T cup not that it matters a jot :LOL:

my tea leaves say that 13xxx hasn't got a chance :)

I'm basically on the bear side, but all of you shorters out here just want to see it plunge 200-300 points in one day. I don't understand why... there are short ànd long opportunities each and every day! I prefer to take it one step at a time. For example, would be nice if tomorrow opens slightly below 12540 and then rises, so we can short from there.

Hi Fw

Going to be close one Fw, think you had better select a pair of slippers you don"t mind taking a bite out of :D I am confident I can keep mine on my feet where they belong

Dow Ftse approach the edge of decending trend channel (weeks tf) manual higher tf in play to so should be a good show

Ftse making a meal out of getting higher than 6100 but finding support where she should and to order, men in black working the range am and pm the greedy bas...ds :LOL:

Good intra day trading to you FW, :clover: only joking

Hi Fw

Going to be close one Fw, think you had better select a pair of slippers you don"t mind taking a bite out of :D I am confident I can keep mine on my feet where they belong

Dow Ftse approach the edge of decending trend channel (weeks tf) manual higher tf in play to so should be a good show

Ftse making a meal out of getting higher than 6100 but finding support where she should and to order, men in black working the range am and pm the greedy bas...ds :LOL:

Good intra day trading to you FW, :clover: only joking

Hehe no worries there. If I'm right than today will be as close as we get to 13000. If I'm wrong, I'll descend into the dungeons of trade2win and become just another troll on this site.

(Just joking too ;))

Trolls

Hehe no worries there. If I'm right than today will be as close as we get to 13000. If I'm wrong, I'll descend into the dungeons of trade2win and become just another troll on this site.

(Just joking too ;))

Whats a troll, sounds like something that could be a bit nasty and best avoided like slippers Fw :?:

Is it someone who hangs around and pretends to trade, and bugs proper traders like yourself Fw :?:

Thats just a hunch and could be way off the mark with that one to :cheesy:

50 year Storm

50 year Storm

Wake me up when its all over

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Latter :clover:

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 439
  • point break.jpg
    point break.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Fw

If this crash"s tonight I will eat my slippers and I only have 1 pair :)

Ftse not backing off from pwh infact going the wrong way most of the time ......ehhhhhhhhh!!!

good wk end all

Last edited:
Fw

If this crash"s tonight I will eat my slippers and I only have 1 pair :)

Ftse not backing off from pwh infact going the wrong way most of the time ......ehhhhhhhhh!!!

good wk end all

I've got 666 down as support for today.:devilish:

I've got 666 down as support for today.:devilish:

Hi Paul

ye would be trouble if that goes and stays gone, Fw will be over here to make sure I take a bite of humble pie for sure :LOL:

Only trade ftse

Dow fut 763 ........3 tops big R, pwh 897, still see it geting out above these levels next week, all the bad news is just being absorbed like a sponge, think they are in Bear killing mode myself, we will see

ftse screamed up to and holding last weeks high into the 1st close @ 4:30 :confused: its rare it goes opposite directions to the Dow at this time, infact can not remember it doing so for more than a few minutes max in the last 6 months :eek:

Right thats me, all closed down :)

I will eat my slippers on monday Fw if required :)

Good trading and have a good weekend all

Hi Paul

ye would be trouble if that goes and stays gone, Fw will be over here to make sure I take a bite of humble pie for sure :LOL:

Only trade ftse

Dow fut 763 ........3 tops big R, pwh 897, still see it geting out above these levels next week, all the bad news is just being absorbed like a sponge, think they are in Bear killing mode myself, we will see

ftse screamed up to and holding last weeks high into the 1st close @ 4:30 :confused: its rare it goes opposite directions to the Dow at this time, infact can not remember it doing so for more than a few minutes max in the last 6 months :eek:

:)You never know! Good trading, Andy.

Only trade ftse
Why FTSE blackbear, is it because of the trading hours you prefer trading in the am?

if we do get higher, than I think this wasn't a bear market...

cya later and good weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.