Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow fut currently at 333
Wouldn't surprise me if it closes well below this

I really don't know it's just gone down so much I would have to agree with you on the bounce before close

could be two reasons for the lack of cooments on the thread.

1. look back to the period of mayhem 3 weeks ago. lots of scalpers trying to make a quick buck for little effort. they have prob blown up

2. the standard of comments on here is really poor compared to other threads. its of little help to anyone

"General Electric denied overnight it had released a dour profit forecast for next year that had reportedly knocked stocks down late Wednesday into the close," said the Action Economics analysts.

watch for GE, as it can take the DOW JONES down single handedly..........

Also i think its triple witching today if I am correct, so there will be a lot of volatility so dont get caught out people?

2. the standard of comments on here is really poor compared to other threads. its of little help to anyone

hardly very a positive comment

perhaps you will show off some of your implied great talent and expertise to amaze us all ?????

i agree, its just all guess trading and hardly professional trading. Why should a moving average or trendline cut hold any significance........ Im so surprised any of you are making money but then again i don't know that

Ever thought of joining the Beeb ?
Wossy gets paid £16,000 a day for insulting people.
I really should stop insulting people for free :cheesy:

hardly very a positive comment

perhaps you will show off some of your implied great talent and expertise to amaze us all ?????
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

not implying any talent old chap. a question was asked about why there was so little comment on the thread these days and i gave an opinion. if you read back ten or fifteen pages its hardly useful stuff. if you read some other threads such as traderdante (although he has had a bad patch) you can see some quality. it was just an answer to a question posed.

for what its worth i trade GBP/JPY off a one hour chart using reversal patterns and the dow off 15 mins in a similar fashion. 2% of account for any trade. no great expertise just a bit of discipline.

:rolleyes:
dow1031kz2.png

The lesser the noise the better it is.. I don't even come to t2w during market hours .. who needs other people's comments before risking your own account? the answer is obvious..

Hi guys,

Hope you are all keeping well and happy. Personally, I have been very busy so have not had the chance to post as frequently but greatful DOW thread is still moving.

Looking at the weekly charts I feel the 8000 levels have been clearly rejected for the time being.

I am still bullish up towards the end of the year. I still have the 9600s as a target for R1.

I have last week also decided to move into actual share buys with a view to building a new income portfolio with high dividend yielding companies which have been oversold. I've added Lloyds TSB, Barclays (before it fell on Friday :whistling) and Hammerson Plc to my portfolio. My objective is to buy three company shares everymonth. In some cases the same company if share price market news favourable.

If share price falls for any stock I have, then will purchase competitor. Looking at moving in on essentially the banks and property companies with historically high divs.

My view is there will either be mergers or take overs. It's possible some companies will go to the wall but over the next year and a half the market I expect will have bottomed out with recovery around 2010.

Good trading everyone... (y)

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL-20081101W1.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL-20081101W1.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL-20081101D1.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL-20081101D1.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 149
Hi guys,

Hope you are all keeping well and happy. Personally, I have been very busy so have not had the chance to post as frequently but greatful DOW thread is still moving.

Looking at the weekly charts I feel the 8000 levels have been clearly rejected for the time being.

I am still bullish up towards the end of the year. I still have the 9600s as a target for R1.

I have last week also decided to move into actual share buys with a view to building a new income portfolio with high dividend yielding companies which have been oversold. I've added Lloyds TSB, Barclays (before it fell on Friday :whistling) and Hammerson Plc to my portfolio. My objective is to buy three company shares everymonth. In some cases the same company if share price market news favourable.

If share price falls for any stock I have, then will purchase competitor. Looking at moving in on essentially the banks and property companies with historically high divs.

My view is there will either be mergers or take overs. It's possible some companies will go to the wall but over the next year and a half the market I expect will have bottomed out with recovery around 2010.

Good trading everyone... (y)

Hi,
I am half way through Naked Trader by Robbie Burns. Great book so far for profitable share trading. Recommend it to you in light of above but you probably have your own tried and tested methods ?
( dreadful pic of Robbie on front tho )

Status
Not open for further replies.