Dow 2007

nice one! ,I thought you were going to be wrong there for a few minutes .. what made you enter the trade right there? .. I could not read it

Hi SL,

Stochs crossover and overbought, 1, 5 and 15 min. And 'sixth sense'. :cool:

cheers -Tricks

questionable value #4

I was looking to buy cash as close to 360 as poss. I saw 372 overnight but rolled over in bed.......... may now struggle to get a good "in" but we'll see. Good entry into the swoosh into 7/7.15pm .........at that point - not sure ... :cheesy:

That's my only clear trade on dow today if I can get in ... so off hunting elsewhere.

Catracho

I would expect the 25bps to built in the price already, certainly agree with your point 3.

I probably won't trade the dow until I know, unless a good quick profit opportunity arises as I would not want to be caught on the wrong side of any move.

Following the UK govs move towards the banking sector, I have closed my Banking sector short for +233.

Currently long, DAX 7464, CAC 5434

Can we add our two penneth???

"Borrowed", from another site, excellent

Attachments

• 1396495721_20ffea9c04_o.jpg
    1396495721_20ffea9c04_o.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 137
Any word on what caused the jump just after 1pm ? Cant find anything ..........

Where next

Not sure about you guys, my charts showing

1) Weekly sat happily in the middle an upward trending channel
2) Daily, confirming upward target, with breakout above the June, July August high 13684, if
channel break down 12500 could possible come into play.
3) Hourly's, stochastics either near or approaching ceiling
4) 30 min, 15 min, stochastics tlooking to turn, nothing else at this stage

Perhaps this evenings announcement will sort out the direction for us??

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (Weekly) A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (Weekly) A.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 99
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (Daily) A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (Daily) A.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (30 Min) A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL (30 Min) A.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL(15min) A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL(15min) A.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 103
Thread is becoming very quite, anybody got a view, opinion, thought, inckling, gut feeling etc etc etc???

Short 82

Should be a few points in this retrace, but prob not too many is my guess

Pat, agree, I'm looking to get a few, and few being the word, I don't want to be on the wrong side of the announcement

Not sure about you guys, my charts showing

1) Weekly sat happily in the middle an upward trending channel
2) Daily, confirming upward target, with breakout above the June, July August high 13684, if
channel break down 12500 could possible come into play.
3) Hourly's, stochastics either near or approaching ceiling
4) 30 min, 15 min, stochastics tlooking to turn, nothing else at this stage

Perhaps this evenings announcement will sort out the direction for us??

Thanks for posting .. useful stuff
I may not trade it .. as ... stating the obvious -> I see the DOW moving fast one way or the other .. ..trouble is it could quickly reverse any breakout ..

Everything in the garden is rosy today.. Lehmans was it? had good results, the data PPI? as stated on bloomberg "gives room for the FED to lower rates" .. the British gov has promised to save any UK bank .. maybe the rise in the DOW today means people will take profits whatever is announced ..

watching ..

I,ve closed out flat, price action not moving as indicators suggest it should be, so for now, I on the sidelines and will wait until the annoucement.

Only position open is Northern Rock Long, albiet long term position, unless limit order hit

Glad to see you of the same opinion Dinos. Could be gentle oscillations until the announcement baring leaks imho.

Interesting
Should one be in the probable position before the announcement, keeping in mind what they have already priced into the market ?
Or to make sure - just after and risk losing a few points ?
The general opinion seems to be at least 25 basis points. Or will Benny grasp the nettle for a few more ?
A Fistful of $$$$$$$$$$$ boys

Pat

As you say the general opinion is for a 25 point reduction, that should be factored into the price now, but I'm sure we will see some reaction, pop and drop I assume, will have to wait and see.