Dow 2007

Bad moon arising ( Credence Clearwater Revival )
France thinking war may break out with Iran
Bloomers talking down the market with fears for other banks etc.
Greenie blaming Bush and Bernanke
Libs and Cons blaming Brown C*W

+39 pips for me so far over 2 trades, so I am stopping for the lunchtime dolrums. I may (or may not) be back later today, but I will pop in tomorrow evening to trade the FOMC announcement. Good trading all!

2nd DJIA trade closed at 13390 for +24 plus earlier short giving +94 off the DJIA for the afternoon, thats me done for the day, off to chill out with a beer, watch footy & cricket.

Still short UK Banking sector

Goodnight all

Last edited:
2nd DJIA trade closed at 13390 for +24 plus earlier short giving +94 off the DJIA for the afternoon, thats me done for the day, off to chill out with a beer, watch footy & cricket.

Still short UK Banking sector

Goodnight all

nice trades!:cool:

Working to plan so far...........

Once again I'm begging for a continued rally into the close.........why not ? :cheesy:

What is with this absolutely tiny volume?
FOMC

2MORROW

3 SCENARIOS

1 CUT 50 BPS - mkt reaction ? may be seen as a panic move?

2 CUT 25 BPS - mkt reaction - rally then sell off

3 NO CUT - BIG dispapointment - big FALL - but rally later?

please feel free to post alternative scenarios !!
One thing for sure - the credit crunch has not run it's full cycle yet - watch out for other Northern Rocks (not exclusive to UK!)

:?: you are adding errata to a post to correct the first line in your post?
:LOL: maybe I missed the original post

That looks like a good trade right now :cool:

Hi SL,

The original post was long 371, when I meant to say stop at 371 and long 396. I posted short 371 and edited it straightaway, when I realised my mistake. Hope that makes sense?

cheers - Tricks

Right, I posted LONG 371, and edited it straightaway. This Bavarian beer (Waitrose, buy 6, get 6 free) is really good.

P.S. I knew I should have held my nerve with that trade!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi SL,

The original post was long 371, when I meant to say stop at 371 and long 396. I posted short 371 and edited it straightaway, when I realised my mistake. Hope that makes sense?

cheers - Tricks

ah yes I understand now .. cheers

nice to see everyone collecting points left right and centre .. I collected 6 from the DOW to offset the 13 I lost on the FTSE .. :rolleyes: I'll get my revenge on this thing yet:LOL:

FOMC

2MORROW

3 SCENARIOS

1 CUT 50 BPS - mkt reaction ? may be seen as a panic move?

2 CUT 25 BPS - mkt reaction - rally then sell off

3 NO CUT - BIG dispapointment - big FALL - but rally later?

please feel free to post alternative scenarios !!
One thing for sure - the credit crunch has not run it's full cycle yet - watch out for other Northern Rocks (not exclusive to UK!)

1 - 2 My sentiments also.

3 - Markets continue sliding as sub-prime market crises - facts on the ground - deteriation continues.

I think it's more likely to be his choice of words and body language more than anything else. You know how much he fidgets when his talking or scratches his ear kind of thing.

Any ods on he blows his nose?

Still short by the way. :)