Dow 2007

Out flat, +39 for day for me from 6.00pm, exceeds may daily target by +19, so very happy.

With Dow in hyperspace and on Red Bull at present anyone care to guess where we're heading...targets etc.....

13730 triangle breakout for starters ??

cheers

Steve, no don't care to guess, simply trade the ups and downs each day, a lot easier than worrying were its heading

Got a PnF chart I want to show, never done it before, any advice on how I do it??

if you can save the chart you can add it as an attachment in here, just click "manage attachments" when you type a reply and add the file...

...more than happy to pass the time also

...don't see any financial shock (from china etc.) unnerving the market. what i do see is a geopolitical event unnerving the market at some point. otherwise, this bloo** M&A activity will keep propelling market higher. [just wish it would come down soon, so i can close my short position!]. others will disagree... :)

Bloody Hell, I think I've done it (uploaded a chart), timeframe now changed

Attachments

• SharpChartv05[1].png
    SharpChartv05[1].png
    28.5 KB · Views: 171
I get a bearish signal for tomorrow if we close below 13630.....

I'll mention it b4 FW does....Friday's have been bullish since time begun:LOL:

cheers

Zzzzzzz....

Numbers to watch 630 and 615.

Use them as support.

700 tomoz, just as long as those bears keep pumping this market higher. He he he.

Good night and good luck.

I really don't mind which way, perhaps if pushed based on the small changes I can see,I might start leaning bearish, then again!!!

With Dow in hyperspace and on Red Bull at present anyone care to guess where we're heading...targets etc.....

13730 triangle breakout for starters ??

cheers

According to my charts if 13700 is breached I see 13900 (even 14000)on the horizon. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking at it in my 4hr, daily and weekly charts with my favourite Standard Error Channels.

Since last June a new uptrend has developed and it's like a demon that knows no bounderies or limits :devilish:

I concur with all the amazed sighs on slowish growth since 2002 and still the express train hurtles onwards. I'm now thinking about the Polar Express and Xmas for some strange profound reason. Maybe it's because it was a scary ride but it got there in the end.

I don't have much to contribute except Wow:!: :rolleyes: :eek:

I still think believe we are heading down. It's just that the Dow doesn't know it yet. A little like being on a one way street going in the wrong direction against the traffic. Call me a dear on the tracks if you must... :cheesy:

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 119
I've finished, a good day financially, a very poor day for self management and applying my trading plan to the tee.

Tomorrows another day and will look to improve the latter before the former begins to suffer.

Hope you have all had a good and profitable day

Goodnight

After post, FW, to late to explain the PnF, I will submit another (hopefully) as I see it with explanations

Last edited:
...lots of economic data out tomorrow but, as i keep saying, market is not unduly worried by 'bad' data anymore. it will not be able to ignore geopolitical events however: the 'straw' that breaks the camel's back? who knows...

mixed signals on the close....Comp and NDX closed above their highs.....Dow and SPX failed.....ooooohh decisions decisions......

Bid for Dow Journal

This may be of interest

Most of the Bancrofts have opposed the bid over worries that News Corp. Chairman and Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch would tarnish the Journal's reputation and interfere with the way its reporters cover the news.

Still, the family may be hard-pressed to find another bidder that could top News Corp.'s bid, said Benchmark Co. analyst Ed Atorino. "I think they're facing the reality of the situation -- that this is a one-time-only event."

Dow Jones is a more-than-century-old publisher of financial news, and is known especially at the Journal for its meticulous attempts to present news objectively.

Gotta love those big mkt players...

NFP weak = more chance of rate cut, market to go up.

NFP strong = economy doing well, market to go up.

As it goes the NFPs were stronger than expected...guess what - market has gone up!

As it goes the NFPs were stronger than expected...guess what - market has gone up!

anybody paying attention at DAX?
it's up 300 points from Wednesday ... just a couple of points shy of 8000!

dow futures pointing at 13700

George Dubya found to be Pol Pot in drag....market goes up....:LOL: