Dow 2007

With DAX opening higher, I feel sorry for your loss... but again probabilities favoured an openings gap to the upside (very common after a strong uptrending session).

If we break out of 13670 I'll be looking to go long.

Otherwise sitting tight for a possible down turn.

...13670 will be breached i am certain. bad news for me because i am still short on dow futures from yesterday :(
(edit: and if the dow follows in the footsteps (strides?) of the dax this morning, then it will be easily breached...)
this is all very reminiscent of september 2000...

Last edited:
after the strong rally yesterday it is very likely that there will be a pull back of some sort, I would expect about 50 points

Still short?

Anyone still short from yesterday? :(

I am Boo hoo - heres to a negative GDP number at 1.30pm today!

Anyone still short from yesterday? :(

I am Boo hoo - heres to a negative GDP number at 1.30pm today!

...market sees nothing as negative nowadays and everything as positive. even 'nothing' is not considered negative anymore. wall street types have car batteries with only positives...:rolleyes: [i could go on, but i won't...]
[edit: futures are looking strong: bad news for me].

firewalker - are people actually still trying to short here? Personally I am unsurprised to come back and see 13690 on the charts.

Not trading (paper or otherwise) so perhaps I am a little more objective than usual.

Looking to the daily charts now, and we are still within the price channels, although at the upper bounds. No shorting unless the trendline is tested and holds. Longs now, and more longs on a break of the trendline.

firewalker - are people actually still trying to short here? Personally I am unsurprised to come back and see 13690 on the charts.

Looking to the daily charts now, and we are still within the price channels, although at the upper bounds. No shorting unless the trendline is tested and holds. Longs now, and more longs on a break of the trendline.

you could trade very well by just doing the opposite of what the majority on this thread trades :cheesy:

anyway 13690 futures ~ 13670 cash could be a short but I'm not taking it

certainly, short 13,730. as i say, regretfully :(
edit: triggered? i just thought we would see a (smallish) correction. Big mistake...