Dow 2007

Daytrading UK - according to Briefing.com -

"13:00 ET
Stocks Get Re-Energized
Dow -29.86 at 13283.11, Nasdaq -5.46 at 2565.49, S&P -3.74 at 1505.74

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks are breaking out of their intraday trading ranges, but getting a boost from off all things, a rebound in oil prices. After being down 1.1% earlier as the day's worst performing sector, Energy recently turning positive has returned some much needed leadership if the bulls are to get the indices back on track. Crude for June delivery is now up 1.3% near $62.30 /bbl after the EIA said it expects gasoline prices to average $2.95 a gallon this summer.

In addition to Energy's turnaround, transportation stocks actually gaining ground in the face of oil's uptick has actually made the Railroads (+2.3%) even more attractive since high energy prices have made shipping by rail a more affordable alternative. The group has been in focus all morning after CSX Corp (CSX 46.95 +1.05) lifted its dividend 25% and raised its buyback program by $1.0 bln. "

Thanks Pat, Steve
I am getting a sense of deja vu here... we tank for a few hours then recover to finish positive - almost like there's a record to be broken!

Anyone care to enlighten me as to what happened after 16:45 as was driving, get home and the DOW has halved its losses. Can't see anything on the news feeds.

Have a look at my post #1052.
There was a clear technical reason why shorts were out of the question since 5pm my time (about 1,5 hours after US open). And even if you don't look at another market, DOW had rising lows at that time...

It bottomed out on support of about 13250
Its likely Cisco are going to announce good results
And I was in for a long LOL
:p

Good call, that support was indeed the safest bet to go long.
Most people would've said that a risky trade, but the earliest entry is imho always the safest because you can put your stops real close if the market would show you wrong.

Evening all, fwiw, as I see things, 30 min chart, now indicating long, 15, 10,& 5 min charts, long and momentum growing, continuing to hold long position

Just got out my long at 13,337 Jun Fut 40 region is looking lik resistance although no reason to think it can't be overcome in the end I got nervy and took a profit.

Just got out my long at 13,337 Jun Fut 40 region is looking lik resistance although no reason to think it can't be overcome in the end I got nervy and took a profit.

I think you did the right thing, volume is drying up on the buying side.

Towards end of the trading day, up 43 on the day, 5 mins charts still good, however, intend to take profit before the close irrespective of indicators

I was in daily future ( S&P) but it sprung my trailing stop. Oh well - a bit of profit and can't grumble. How are you doing FW ?

Fine thanks, I've had a very nice long on DAX in sync with the DOW rally, closed it at the 50% retracement.

Could have entered a similar long on DOW but didn't want to much exposure in same direction, so no DOW trades for me today.

A Toast....

....to you - the masters of the (trading) universe!

I am still impressed by the quality of both traders and trades on these boards. I hope to learn a lot from you over the years, and hopefully give something back! :cool:

Glad to hear we've all had a productive and profitable day!

Good work Dinos, I got long earlier and after getting beaten up a little last week was a little eager to bank my profit.

Could still be holding it now as signals I use haven't come close to getting bearish.

Still slow and steady is what I need, blew up a little last week.

I tend to follow a pattern of 8 good weeks and a disaster, thinking of getting hypnotised (And I'm not joking!)

Ste

Long position closed at 13307 for +53, a good day, no more positions for me until tomorrow, hope everybody's have a good day.

Goodnight

Good work Dinos, I got long earlier and after getting beaten up a little last week was a little eager to bank my profit.

Could still be holding it now as signals I use haven't come close to getting bearish.

Still slow and steady is what I need, blew up a little last week.

I tend to follow a pattern of 8 good weeks and a disaster, thinking of getting hypnotised (And I'm not joking!)

Ste

Not you too! I recovered 18% of yesterday's loss today. Slow and steady.
This is why I like SB - if I traded the actual futures like you, I would have a minimum of $5pp. At least I can trade with £1 or £2 until I feel ready to trade proper sizes again.

I had a big blowout yesterday. Why do we work so hard to earn steady consistent profits and then throw them at the market in pretty reckless trades?

Don't joke about hypnotism. Please.

A little off topic but anyone got a good source for historical futures data, only want daily ohlc for Ym, ES, NQ and FTSE.

Just to simply test some eod system ideas I have.

Thanks

Stephen McCreedy

A little off topic but anyone got a good source for historical futures data, only want daily ohlc for Ym, ES, NQ and FTSE.

Just to simply test some eod system ideas I have.

Thanks

Stephen McCreedy

Try OpenTick. It has historical for CBOT, where I believe the YM is traded. It won't have FTSE stuff though, but should have all the US stocks. It will have OHLC. You need to register, but it is free, and you can get data from either the command line or imported into various programs.

Let me know how you get on.

yesterdays trade.

just experimenting with the screen shot thing and trying to upload my fisrt chart on t2w.

shows the trade i took from the open. short yesterday. also the one i mist long as well...:cheesy:

hope you find the set up interesting...

i should add. chart is 5min dow cash. when red ma crosses green ma. and rsi crosses 50 in same direction trade is taken in that direction. macd is confirmation. hope its a good day for all of you.

Last edited:
....to you - the masters of the (trading) universe!

I am still impressed by the quality of both traders and trades on these boards. I hope to learn a lot from you over the years, and hopefully give something back! :cool:

Glad to hear we've all had a productive and profitable day!

praise indeed and thank you. Lets hope we don't ruin it by falling flat on our faces today ?
:rolleyes: