Dow 2007

I've spanked the DAX with shorts today (now flat on that), now waiting & watching to pull the trigger on the Dow too....PPI figs were way out of kilter (wrt estimates)...Dow is a joke (or rather the peeps still jumping in long are).

Probably short circa 12610ish if/when it gets there in the next couple of hours (& depending on the style it gets there in!)...else I'll just have a nice cup of tea & call this a good day instead.

Edit:17:59hrs...looks like putting the kettle on will have to wait. Shorted at 12,608 about 5 mins ago.

Last edited:
1 Year chart shows no end currently to the 6 / 7 month rally that started in July 2006. May not be a good time to go short just yet, though I too am looking for a good short entry point.

Hook Shot said:
Hobby
Probaby another surge to come..... Then might short
Well done on dx...

I'm with you on that sentiment HS, but I think Hobby is on the right track. Dive, dive, dive as the U boat captain would say! :LOL: :LOL:

Nevertheless, it wouldn't surprise me to see another rise - after all, it is the Dow we are discussing, and all logicality is therefore out of the window. Quite ridiculous don't you think?
A rise to 12640 ish or a selling spree! I'd like to kwow what Bez's EDW is showing :cool:

cheers - Tricks

Best chance for the bears is were still in that pesky Ending Diag.... :?:

Attachments

• pesky-ed.jpg
    pesky-ed.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 236
chimpmagnet said:
1 Year chart shows no end currently to the 6 / 7 month rally that started in July 2006. May not be a good time to go short just yet, though I too am looking for a good short entry point.

You and the rest of us die hard shorters Chimp. Oh for a sign, give me a sign!!!!!!!!

How about 'Roadworks Ahead' - thats a good sign. :LOL: :LOL:

cheers - Tricks

Dive, dive, dive.

Bez said:
Best chance for the bears is were still in that pesky Ending Diag.... :?:

Hi Bez,

Thanks for the quick response. I humbly bow to your EW charting knowledge, (and the charts that you submit), but to us non E Wavers, where, actually, do you see the immediate direction with that post? And what does it mean? Sorry to be an E Wave novice.

cheers - Tricks

SPX action feels like a wave 4 or B exp flat... :?:

I put up a normal flat correction over the weekend but it looks like it wanted an Exp Flat instead :eek:

Tricks thanks for the kind words...:) I'd still like on more move up into the 12630-50 area to complete that ED pattern "if" its still in it that is...:eek:

I try and put a smaller time frame chart up of the INDU a bit latter....

Attachments

• kukisy.jpg
    kukisy.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 197
  • expspx.jpg
    expspx.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 165
Hook Shot said:
Hobby
Probaby another surge to come..... Then might short
Well done on dx...

Not quite a surge but it seems to be doing the biz.........now to Mr Can's 1428 ...perhaps

hobby said:
Probably short circa 12610ish if/when it gets there in the next couple of hours (& depending on the style it gets there in!)...else I'll just have a nice cup of tea & call this a good day instead.

Edit:17:59hrs...looks like putting the kettle on will have to wait. Shorted at 12,608 about 5 mins ago.

Fine call Hobby ;)

Hook Shot said:
Fine call Hobby ;)

& (as ever) a good dollop of luck! Thanks.

I thought it was looking tired at the level I shorted at, & what with it being up so far in the face of some pants data, meant (IMHO) even if my entry point was a bit early ...I wouldn't get mullered. (which is always a good thing!).

I nearly got spooked out when it spiked up from the low 12590s back to my entry point but decided to let it run on ( working on the basis I had a fair bit in the kitty from earlier DAX action).

This last 45 mins might be interesting...hopefully a bit of uncertainty/weakness from here on in....fingers crossed (the Dow is the ultimate comeback kid, so I won't be straying too far!)

hobby said:
& (as ever) a good dollop of luck! Thanks.

I thought it was looking tired at the level I shorted at, & what with it being up so far in the face of some pants data, meant (IMHO) even if my entry point was a bit early ...I wouldn't get mullered. (which is always a good thing!).

I nearly got spooked out when it spiked up from the low 12590s back to my entry point but decided to let it run on ( working on the basis I had a fair bit in the kitty from earlier DAX action).

This last 45 mins might be interesting...hopefully a bit of uncertainty/weakness from here on in....fingers crossed (the Dow is the ultimate comeback kid, so I won't be straying too far!)

You are sooo right there Hobby

tricks said:
Hook Shot said:
Way to go Mr CAN :cheesy:[/QUOTE

All I can say is U Boats :LOL: :LOL:

I want it to go down as much as the next guy - but try as I might.....it's just not hapnin!
The ONLY market I can move with my thoughts right now is NIKKEI .... it knows exactly what I'm thinking and seems eager to obey.... :cheesy: :!: :!:

Pokemon bounced 300pts last night! Compared to Dow.... ugh purleeeeez

My automatic search pattern EOD software has given a short signal on the S&P !!
I'm in for a short and you know how bullish I am normally !!
:)