Dow 2007

It tooks it's time ... but we got the one more surge into the final hour of 50pts and then the piece de resistance :)lol: ) .....in final few minutes it slumped by 85pts just before the close...

Well worth waiting for..........:cheesy:

Couldn't post on t2w over the weekend, site seemed unaccessible...

Anyway a pity of that close for me as I had a small position still open hoping for higher into the close. However with NQ and ER2 touching resistance (NQ nicely reversing of exact 2000 level on the futures), it was a possibility. well done hs!

Kev, I'm puzzled , you were making more than a few hundred points a day on some indicies a couple of weeks ago, now you have a mentor and your points are reduced?
:confused:

funny, i'm not puzzled....if the whole scaling in strat is to increase profitability while reducing risk ;)

i.e. test the waters first on a small scale, if confirmed, get in big with lower risk :D

makes sense to me :cheesy:

Couldn't post on t2w over the weekend, site seemed unaccessible...

Anyway a pity of that close for me as I had a small position still open hoping for higher into the close. However with NQ and ER2 touching resistance (NQ nicely reversing of exact 2000 level on the futures), it was a possibility. well done hs!

My sentiments haven't changed much in the last few days. Still in the opinion a direction is being determined in this 13300-400 congestion band.

Anything above 13400 would make me bullish and anything below 13300 bearish.

Be interesting to see what happens - especially building up the Fed decision...

I would say with potential rate reductions in the short term I am 60/40 bullish. So I'd say we are on the way up to 13800. I doubt we'd reach 14000 under these market conditions. So I reckon we are going to turn back down from 13800. I'm not sure on the timing. I'd guess anything to couple of weeks to a month of hovering.

If it does tank then another test of 12600 looks good for starters.

Attachments

• US30 Cash070902.png
    US30 Cash070902.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 122
My sentiments haven't changed much in the last few days. Still in the opinion a direction is being determined in this 13300-400 congestion band.

Anything above 13400 would make me bullish and anything below 13300 bearish.

Be interesting to see what happens - especially building up the Fed decision...

I would say with potential rate reductions in the short term I am 60/40 bullish. So I'd say we are on the way up to 13800. I doubt we'd reach 14000 under these market conditions. So I reckon we are going to turn back down from 13800. I'm not sure on the timing. I'd guess anything to couple of weeks to a month of hovering.

If it does tank then another test of 12600 looks good for starters.

I'm happy with whatever happens, as long as nothing major happens whilst I'm away on holiday :p

Kev, I'm puzzled , you were making more than a few hundred points a day on some indicies a couple of weeks ago, now you have a mentor and your points are reduced?
:confused:

right i'm sick of answering this damn question and it's the last time i'm going to reply to a question about it. I have never taken a few hundered points out of any american market. The main market that gives me hundereds of points is trading futures in the spmib which is a high index market that is currently trading above 40,000 points. It's not rocket science....

If i got a quid for everytime someone asked a question about me making making hundereds of points, i would sack trading off and i'd go get my ferrari.

I'm happy with whatever happens, as long as nothing major happens whilst I'm away on holiday :p

Things can only get worse. :devilish:

We are at the cusp of a new era. :eek:

It's all doom and gloom. :cry:

I would enjoy your holiday cause you may well need it when you come back to it all... :cheesy:

Hi fibonelli, the reason for me going long on gold around 660 was based on this story Iran shells villages in Iraq

This border skirmishes has been cultivated since last year and is bearing fruit for the Americans. So perhaps an all out attack by the US to hit Iran may be in the making. Coupled with above average puts and calls on options.

I bailed out of gold at 667 but looking at it at 673 tells me some people expect the worse either for the dollar or for Iran. :rolleyes:

Indeed the only certainty in life is death and taxes. The rest is a bit of gamble eh? :)

right i'm sick of answering this damn question and it's the last time i'm going to reply to a question about it. I have never taken a few hundered points out of any american market. The main market that gives me hundereds of points is trading futures in the spmib which is a high index market that is currently trading above 40,000 points. It's not rocket science....

If i got a quid for everytime someone asked a question about me making making hundereds of points, i would sack trading off and i'd go get my ferrari.

WHY DONT YOU CALM DOWN!

I asked a genuine and polite question and never mentioned any particular market. If you re-read my post and then go back to some your earlier one's you can see why my question was asked. Whether you are making several hundred points a day from the rocket science market or whatever that still means a healthy profit no matter what way it's viewed and maybe you could teach your mentor how its done.

As for your fondness for Ferraris et al, I have 'little' bit experience myself in that particular market place ;) and judging by your attitude and the way you respond to simple questions on t2w I'm sure you will make any heavy metal dealer a very very happy bunny ....:LOL:

Last edited:
WHY DONT YOU CALM DOWN!

I asked a genuine and polite question and never mentioned any particular market. If you re-read my post and then go back to some your earlier one's you can see why my question was asked. Whether you are making several hundred points a day from the rocket science market or whatever that still means a healthy profit no matter what way it's viewed and maybe you could teach your mentor how its done.

As for your fondness for Ferraris et al, I have 'little' bit experience myself in that particular market place ;) and judging by your attitude and the way you respond to simple questions on t2w I'm sure you will make any heavy metal dealer a very very happy bunny ....:LOL:

I don't see how my ability in regards to owning a ferrari has anything to do with getting asked the same question over and over again. Also you 'experience' in that particular market... i'm presuming you might own one, or have done in the past. Well anyone who can stump up the cash can have one, doesn't mean you know a lot about them. As for my 'little' experience with them... i have nearly 7 years racing experience, i've done seasons racing bmw M3 CSL's, 911 GT3's and have done half of a ferrari F355 challenger series (hand to drop out due to injury) and have numerous contacts in the industry. So before you go running off making asumptions about people you don't know, just remember that you don't know a thing about them, and that asumptions are the mother of all fu*k ups.

right i can't be bothered with this forum anymore. Only seems to have a few members that actually talk about trading, i.e, firewalker, atllia, hook shot, steve, dino and jacinto. I can follow their posts from a distance if needs be.

I don't see how my ability in regards to owning a ferrari has anything to do with getting asked the same question over and over again.
Also you 'experience' in that particular market... i'm presuming you might own one, or have done in the past. Well anyone who can stump up the cash can have one, doesn't mean you know a lot about them. As for my 'little' experience with them... i have nearly 7 years racing experience, i've done seasons racing bmw M3 CSL's, 911 GT3's and have done half of a ferrari F355 challenger series (hand to drop out due to injury) and have numerous contacts in the industry. So before you go running off making asumptions about people you don't know, just remember that you don't know a thing about them, and that asumptions are the mother of all fu*k ups.

You keep bringing the car subject up not me. As for 'assumtions' - duhh, perhaps you should take your own advice.

Anyway, my 9 year old grandson reckons the X-Box isnt as good as the Playstation when it comes to car racing games but I'm not sure, what do you think?

You keep bringing the car subject up not me.

Anyway, my 9 year old grandson reckons the X-Box isnt as good as the Playstation when it comes to car racing games but I'm not sure, what do you think?

says a lot about you :rolleyes:

Talking of car racing I think there should be a race (London) M4-M5-M1( back to London )
And NOT limited by F1 sissy rules too.

Talking of car racing I think there should be a race (London) M4-M5-M1( back to London )
And NOT limited by F1 sissy rules too.

well if you've got the cash then the gumball 3000 might be what you're looking for.

yeah, he's been trading professionally for 10yrs, worked for the chicago board of trade, investment houses in new york, as well as one of the big investment banks. As you can probably guess he's american, but he's living in london because he's married to a british woman.

Some of the stuff that he's shown me just blows your mind. I don't know if you've ever met someone and had a conversation with them, then afterwards you're just left completely gobsmacked at what they just had to say (in a good way) Then you walk away with a whole new dimension in your mind to thinking within and about.

Another good thing is that, ontop of all the great stuff he's teaching me, are the contacts that i'm making with people in the industry and some of the amazing people who i've had the privilege to speak to through him. Everyday another door opens...

The learning process is so much faster when you've got someone who knows what they're on about sat next to you teaching you how to do stuff and explain why etc. Only problem is that he's in london and i'm in leeds, so at the moment i'm going down to london for 2-3 days of the week. I thinking about moving down, but my dilema is that i'm meant to be going back to uni in a few weeks to do my MBA. So i don't know if i should do both and get my MBA out the way, or put it on hold and focus 100% on trading etc...

It has all been a strange twist of fate that came completely out of the blue.

Kevin,
Have an each way bet..............study to gain your MBA since you will then have an alternative means of making a living if the trading does not work out viz. teaching etc.
Should you succeed at both then you are in the envious position of being able to work within one of the fields or both etc.
Good luck

Kevin,
Have an each way bet..............study to gain your MBA since you will then have an alternative means of making a living if the trading does not work out viz. teaching etc.
Should you succeed at both then you are in the envious position of being able to work within one of the fields or both etc.
Good luck

Ditto

cv

Kevin,
Good luck

I couldn't be a teacher, just not my cup of tea. If the trading didn't work out, i'd probably try to do the whole corporate ladder thing in the city. I figure that with a 1st in economics as well an MBA, i should be able to get my foot in the door somewhere in the financial sector.

My other option that i have in mind is to either join the royal marines or the para's as an officer. Sign up for the minimum time and i'll be in my mid 20's when i come out. That way i can satisfy that ambition and still have a career in the city, with something nice to put on my CV. To be honest, joining the armed forces is pretty high on the list no matter what happens.

Kev

yeah, he's been trading professionally for 10yrs, worked for the chicago board of trade, investment houses in new york, as well as one of the big investment banks. As you can probably guess he's american, but he's living in london because he's married to a british woman.

Some of the stuff that he's shown me just blows your mind. I don't know if you've ever met someone and had a conversation with them, then afterwards you're just left completely gobsmacked at what they just had to say (in a good way) Then you walk away with a whole new dimension in your mind to thinking within and about.

Another good thing is that, ontop of all the great stuff he's teaching me, are the contacts that i'm making with people in the industry and some of the amazing people who i've had the privilege to speak to through him. Everyday another door opens...

The learning process is so much faster when you've got someone who knows what they're on about sat next to you teaching you how to do stuff and explain why etc. Only problem is that he's in london and i'm in leeds, so at the moment i'm going down to london for 2-3 days of the week. I thinking about moving down, but my dilema is that i'm meant to be going back to uni in a few weeks to do my MBA. So i don't know if i should do both and get my MBA out the way, or put it on hold and focus 100% on trading etc...

It has all been a strange twist of fate that came completely out of the blue.

You don’t have to have a MBA to be a good story-teller :LOL: